Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Karis M and M+ reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 10:28am
softer could be the answer
Sponsored Links

stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 6:28pm
Mantra has the OCS sponge, that makes a big difference comparing not only to Karis, but to all the other rubbers.
Something you can keep in mind when you think about it.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

First of all I have to say I still can't make the difference between M (68g uncut) and M+ (66g uncut) among the 2 sheets I received; topsheet are the same; sponge looks the same on both and my "finger-based durometer" says hardness is the same; vertical bounce (couple feet high) is the same; last, when switching rubbers during a given practice rally the very same happens, driving and looping. I am going to assume I played with Karis M on both sides (the packaging was different, though).

Thanks for the review

Is it possible that you got the same rubber (possibly Karis M) in both packages (ie: the M+ package erroneously contained M?)? What is the approximate hardness level anyways? Around 45 deg or softer? Is it much slower than Baracuda?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 7:58pm
I definitely felt a difference between M and M+ immediately.  No doubt at all.  I could tell in the first two rallies.  (Recall that I forgot to pay attention to which was red and which was black in my first pair).  So I also wonder if the packaging was wrong, and  in fact I can't see any other explanation.

It was a mistake for Nexy to not make it clear on the topsheet which was which because it could make this error easy.

Fatt, for me, not every shot was easier with M right at the beginning.  With time I found the adjustments.  Don't give it up on your BH just yet. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 11:56pm
Yes the concept is amazing. I wonder if it could still work on something faster overall? Not that Karis is real slow. But you cant be lazy.

On my bh loop the adjustment i think i made was to backswing more behind and less below the ball, relax and feel free to hit hard and imagine i am pressing the ball down at the end of the stroke so i follow through all the way over. Dont be shy with it. But relax. You kind of have to tell it what to do. Mx-p i always had to hold back because the ball might go to the barrier if you are a bit off. Do that with Karis and your shot is weak and indecisive.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 12:53pm
PPH's Nexy Karis Reviews:
I tested Karis M & M+ for about 3 weeks now.  M+ weighted at ~69grams uncut, and M at ~66grs.  M+ came out to ~52grs on my Intensity, M at 48grs cut (cut size ~158x152mm).  The topsheet grip feels superb when running my fingers thru it, it gave me this reassuring feeling that the ball won’t slip.  It has a more natural grip.   

In-Action Sessions: M+ felt linear as many have stated.  It does everything else well enough.  It’s not spin sensitive, so you pretty much get what you give.  IMO, the rubbers’ forte is directional blocks & counters.  I think that’s why players like VictorK, Baal, BH_Man, & Nextlevel love these rubbers.  Perfect for the close-to-table players.  I was very surprised in the consistency of the sponge, whereas majority of Japanese sponge rubbers behave very erratically, IMO.  One setback I had was over the table play with M+ at RPB.  Since the rubber is linear, it requires most of the work from the player especially for wristy shots.  Spin for banana loops is limited for me.  First session, played against 2150 Penhold Attacker, & 2150 Japanese Penhold inverted with Anti twiddler (Nextlevel& BH_Man should know him).  My RPB was very stable, and M+ gave me a very assuring feeling there.  I felt that I could stay close to table and block/hit everything down.  Regular M is about 4grs lighter!  And it’s a bit softer.  For my RPB, I like M+ more than M.  I had to do way too much work using M without much reward.  I believe it will work better with faster blades…on both rubbers.  I switched to Nexy’s Zealot, and put M+ for my FH, and M on my RPB.  The sound has resemblance of boosters/speed glue, but they don’t have the speed & spin of speed glue rubbers.  Blocking with M on my RPB is effortless, spin is more evident when my stroke is more vertical.  M+ bottoms out sometimes on my forehand when looping.  Some technique adjustments are needed on my behalf, but seem doable!  I can play up to about my level with this setup…~1900USATT 

Summary: Not sure if these rubbers were made for boosting, and I will do that once they break the 50hr mark.  Some even have mentioned about these rubbers reminded them of speed glue rubber era.  Personally I have not played during the speed glue era, so I don’t  know the feeling.  However, the sound is evident!  Karis’s characteristics are very unique, being different from Japanese, ESN, Tensors, and etc.  It’s like an in-between for me.  A not overly erratic bouncy tensor and consistent topsheet to sponge feeling.  I would like it a bit spinnier, especially since I am using them on my RPB.  I recommend these rubbers to close to table players that rely on placement, & blocking/countering.  It’s no slouch at 3-5 feet back either.     

Reviewer Credentials: 1900USATT rated, Penholder, 2 wings, Blade: Various 5ply Woods, 7ply Woods, ZLC, & ALC.  Preferred Rubbers - FH: Tacky hard/medium sponge, BH: Euro Medium/MS sponge.  (Play Handshake ~1700),  

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 03/05/2017 at 1:24am
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 1:22pm
Don't anyone believe PPH when he sez he is 1900 USATT level... add another 100+ points to that and you will be closer to the truth. Maybe his actual rating is artificially that level, but he was playing 1900+ level years ago already.

Everyone should know by now that PPH is a very cut, strong athletic mobile dude who can stay at the table and kill you, but for some wild adventurous reason will like to drift back a meter and kill you with his RPB if you are dumb enough to try to peg his middle. He doesn't have soft hands/soft impact at that distance, so the soft control of incoming topspin in this situation isn't a situation for him. Too bad as Karis does this task so well. Softer hand at impact and going through the ball, Karis is Boss vs topspin.

If I understand correctly, I met one of those 2150s players on my second trip to NYC involving PPH and USDCarl. Can't really remember for sure, I was on little sleep and was on the road way too long for that Midnight adventure mission. That player will certainly test your blocking skills and if you back off the table, will test your mobility and ability to make offense away from table. (No problem for PPH, he will make you tired just watching him)
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 2:08pm
I am not a particularly close to the table player (!) and my game is not built on blocking. I just like that the ball goes where i want it to go on all shots. I dont want people to get the impression this stuff is just for close in blocksrs.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

He doesn't have soft hands/soft impact at that distance, so the soft control of incoming topspin in this situation isn't a situation for him. Too bad as Karis does this task so well. Softer hand at impact and going through the ball, Karis is Boss vs topspin.

This is true when I counter loop with M+ on my FHClap!

Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

If I understand correctly, I met one of those 2150s players on my second trip to NYC involving PPH and USDCarl.

I didn't show on that Sunday mission, but You were in one of Nextlevel's video watching him playing against the Anti twiddler.  Who would've thought that an Anti chop can be so spinny!!Ouch
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Joo Se Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joo Se Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 7:53pm
Just played a quick session with the Karis M in 2.0mm. Initial impression is pretty good. I'll keep testing and update with some more specific (and helpful) thoughts once I've had more time with it.
Grab my game-changing new book and to your game to the next level!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 11:59pm
PPH DOES have touch close to table, but when he drifts back, he is looking to POUND the ball as the ONLY response.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 1:54am
Can someone compare Karis to Andro Rasant Grip? Has anyone tried both?

In my experience, Grip is really easy to control with a linear response and is also quite forgiving. It also performs really well in high humidity, which is what some people mention in regards to Karis. I live in Vietnam, high humidity is a huge problem. Most of the clubs here don't have air con. I've tried Tenergy05 in the past and I often had trouble keeping the balls on the table. It seem like the trajectory of my deep shots was often about 1 to 2 inches off the back edge. Since they are discontinuing Grip, I might try something else. I'm just wondering if this might be one to consider as a replacement. Thank you!
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I am not a particularly close to the table player (!) and my game is not built on blocking. I just like that the ball goes where i want it to go on all shots. I dont want people to get the impression this stuff is just for close in blocksrs.

Not even close.  I can play away from the table comfortably on both sides with it, I even feel more comfortable taking bigger and flatter swings when out of position because I have a better idea what the rubber will do.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 10:05am
Someone posted this on Table Tennis Daily with the caption:

Basically iterates the same points. Very high control. Good spin. Very good at blocking. Both players are above USATT 2000.

German Review

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?13451-Nexy-Karis-rubber-first-impressions&p=182468&viewfull=1#post182468

Edited by NextLevel - 03/05/2017 at 10:21am
Cybershape Carbon
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 6:33pm

This review is for the 2.2mm Red version of the Karis M+ Rubber.

This made in japan rubber comes in a high quality glossy package protected with a sheet of paper, all enclosed in a resealable plastic bag. Good presentation but without any rubber statistics to compare to. The rubber showed a small dome but it was easy to glue, its dimensions were 16.6mm x 16.5mm, which is suitable for oversized blades if you’re interested in that. The blue sponge has very small pores, without any unusual smell and had no markings on the back, so you can’t differentiate the M from the M+ since both have the same topsheet design.

Contrary to the Karis marketing text on the packaging I don’t find Karis’ sponge + topsheet configuration “hard” at all (M or M+), it is medium as the “M” on it’s name suggests. Both the sponge and topsheet were easy to cut showing great quality. It’s weight is average nothing out of the ordinary.

I already knew the Karis M+ rubber was not advertised as super fast rubber, so I decided to use it for my control shots. I glue it on the DEF+ side of my Donic Alligator Combi blade and use it on the BH side mostly. As for me, I'm an all-around chopper, with sporadic counter-attacks and a extensive range in motion, mid distance mostly.

First, the best aspect of it, the accuracy on BH punches and flicks at the table and 1.5 meter or so away from it are amazing. At those distances i can attack with flat hits and get a nice straight trajectory, also on spinny flicks where you use quick wrist movements letting the topsheet grab the ball you get good results, the surface has a really good grab but is not sticky like a chinese rubber.

Using the rubber on the FH side is tricky, since is not that fast you need to have proper skills and not do lazy hits, do your loops and topspins properly and you’ll get good results, but less deadly than known high-performance rubbers. This rubber is for controlled attacks with good placement while being close and mid distance from the table.

The serves i usually perform, come out spinny but too fast, so i needed to dial down the speed of my movements.

It can generate good spin on its own and is very spin sensitive, blocking heavy topspins is hard, some angle adjustments are needed. On flat hits and soft loops not so much.

And now the weird. Chopping with this rubber is extra hard, if I’m on top of the table trying to do a chop-push it pops up, and when i try do my signature hard chops being away from the table, the balls shoots off straight to the net super fast, even with a slight touch! i can only guess this has to do with the pip structure repelling the ball faster at a very extreme closed angle. Chopping is my main weapon and i’m really struggling at this department with M+, so i switched to a style with more blocking, punching and flicking with rather decent results.

After a month of use, i see no shrinking of the sponge, tearing of the topsheet edges and no discoloration, so i’m very pleased on the quality. It performs great on a hot and humid environment (living in the caribbean next to the sea is as hot as it gets).

All the above testing was done only with seamless balls usually these models: Yinhe *** 40+, Xu ShaoFa ***, Yinhe * and Yinhe *** S40+. If used on celluloid balls the spin and speed obviously increased but those impressions were not taken into account for this review..

My personal conclusion is that this is a very high quality product but somewhat overpriced with a not so accurate description since i don't see it as a hard rubber. It’s aimed at recreational and advanced players who have spin and control as priorities.

I think of it like a Sriver combined with an Airoc resulting in a rubber with good qualities, melting properties from the old era and the new plastic ball age. If you want to work on your spin-generating technique and ball placement, I highly recommend this rubber for you.

Edited by Reaper - 03/05/2017 at 6:43pm
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 7:22pm
I just copied a compact version of my review to http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nexy-karis-m-plus.html, because it has a 2000 character limit.

Come on guys add your reviws there, helping nexy get more exposure.

Lastly, i'd like to thank the crew at nexy and arg0 for doing this event .

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 1:54pm
I conducted a quick, non-scientific experiment with Karis.   I gave a paddle with Karis M on both sides of Nexy Calix II for quick test drives to two >2600 level players who played competitively prior to speed glue ban, and who used "classic" rubbers (e.g. Sriver, Mark V, Mendo, Bryce, etc).  I asked them to give me their initial feedback on speed, spin, control and feel.  I also asked them to compare the feel of Karis to modern vs. "classic" rubbers. Here's a quick summary of what they told me:
- Medium speed, medium spin, all-round rubber
- Control oriented
- Attacking players should consider using fast blades
- Feel is much closer to "classic" rubbers than to latest generation rubbers.  One of them compared it to Mark V, with a little softer feel and more dwell ('ball sits on the rubber a little longer')

Also, about 5 weeks ago I gave Karis M to ~2100 modern defender who learned how to play long time ago (mostly with Sriver) and has been experimenting with many different FH rubbers for the past several years since speed glue ban.  

After one session with Karis, he got very excited and commented that the rubber felt "natural" (for his strokes/muscle memory) and very predictable - meaning he knew why shots were or weren't landing, which was his biggest problem with modern rubbers (he played most recently with Tenergy and Evolution series).  After 2-3 practices with the first sheet, he decided to commit to Karis and ordered two more sheets - one for backup blade and one extra for future use.

Again, my experiments focused on "old timers" who, like myself, learned how to play with classic rubbers, and as I anticipated they all noticed the similarity between classic rubbers and Karis, and liked it quite a bit.   However, those players who have strong preference for fast rubbers with lots of catapult, or for sticky Chinese-type gear, might not appreciate as much the linear behavior, control and predictability of Karis - to each his own.

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">

Edited by VictorK - 03/17/2017 at 1:57pm
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I conducted a quick, non-scientific experiment with Karis.   I gave a paddle with Karis M on both sides of Nexy Calix II for quick test drives to two >2600 level players who played competitively prior to speed glue ban, and who used "classic" rubbers (e.g. Sriver, Mark V, Mendo, Bryce, etc).  I asked them to give me their initial feedback on speed, spin, control and feel.  I also asked them to compare the feel of Karis to modern vs. "classic" rubbers. Here's a quick summary of what they told me:
- Medium speed, medium spin, all-round rubber
- Control oriented
- Attacking players should consider using fast blades
- Feel is much closer to "classic" rubbers than to latest generation rubbers.  One of them compared it to Mark V, with a little softer feel and more dwell ('ball sits on the rubber a little longer')

Also, about 5 weeks ago I gave Karis M to ~2100 modern defender who learned how to play long time ago (mostly with Sriver) and has been experimenting with many different FH rubbers for the past several years since speed glue ban.  

After one session with Karis, he got very excited and commented that the rubber felt "natural" (for his strokes/muscle memory) and very predictable - meaning he knew why shots were or weren't landing, which was his biggest problem with modern rubbers (he played most recently with Tenergy and Evolution series).  After 2-3 practices with the first sheet, he decided to commit to Karis and ordered two more sheets - one for backup blade and one extra for future use.

Again, my experiments focused on "old timers" who, like myself, learned how to play with classic rubbers, and as I anticipated they all noticed the similarity between classic rubbers and Karis, and liked it quite a bit.   However, those players who have strong preference for fast rubbers with lots of catapult, or for sticky Chinese-type gear, might not appreciate as much the linear behavior, control and predictability of Karis - to each his own.

I guess the next question is whether such linearity is possible in a higher spin rubber. Probably not, bu still a question worth asking.
Cybershape Carbon
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 3:10am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I guess the next question is whether such linearity is possible in a higher spin rubber. Probably not, bu still a question worth asking.
This would be really wonderful. Thumbs Up

It`s a long time ago since I posted my first impressions about Karis M and M+ here in this thread, although I tested it several more times on different blades. The reason is simple: I did not know how to express my feelings. Normally I know within a few minutes if I like a rubber or not. OF course it needs some more time to get used to a new rubber, but nevertheless the generally feeling will not change very much. I like it or I like it not.

With Karis I have a mixed feeling, because on one side I like it very much 
  • I can feel the ball very good
  • the control with this rubber is extremely good
  • spin is also above average
but on the other side: I am missing some spin or power to finish the rally and make the point. I tested Karis on several blades (Nexy Rubicon, Stiga Allround Classic and Offensiv Classic, OSP Virtuoso and Zhang Jike ALC). With all these blades I had a lot of control, it was easy to bring the ball back on the table again and again, but for my strategy it`s not the best rubber, because I don`t have the right technique to get enough power out of this rubber. My opponents did not have big problems to return my loops, but I need this power, especially for my backhand (active blocking and smashing)

Like some other testers wrote before, Karis is not far away from faster classic rubbers. For those players it will be totally easy to switch to Karis. People who normally play with Chinese rubbers will also like Karis over all )maybe they will miss a bit more spin), but if you are used to modern european rubbers like Tibhar Evolution MX-P and Donic Acuda Blue P1, you will miss some more power.

Therefore I agree to NextLevel`s hope. @ Nexy: 
Please develop a rubber with the same characteristic and the same wonderful balance between sponge and topsheet like Karis, but with 10-20% more spin and 30% more speed or maybe one type with more spin and same power and one type with same spin, but more power. Wink I am sure, that thousands of people would like such a further development.

By the way: Personally I prefer Karis M over M+ because M+ is a bit too hard for me.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 5:04am
Magic M, I understand your position. I also highly value a power finish and absolutely LOVED MX-P for this. I understand Karis M does not have impressive finishing power like other fast rubbers, but MAN, this rubber has control and not just in general, it handles incoming topspin like crazy good with a positive stroke. I stay in more rallies and ultimately win more points... and I am pretty much the epitome of 3rd ball kill or finish point ASAP kinda player. 

For me the spin is enough. I get plenty of block and out balls on my openers. Sure, MX-P leaves a vapor trail after the ball goes through my opponent, but I can miss sometimes and also, my defense or softer topspin control shots are not nearly as good quality.

I was convinced by day 2 to change to Karis two days before the most important US tourney of my life... and did very well.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 5:08am
I do not use an overly fast blade either, my main blade is Kim Jung Hoon 7 ply and sometimes the LISSOM with the prototype of M+. 

If I serve a dead ball and surprise opponent, my power finish will still go through him or her.

If I am a meter plus away from table and get a strong incoming loop, I can take my own cut at it and make my own topsin. It isn't overwhelming, but it lands nearly every time and it is high pressure to opponent, it wears him down eventually if I do not get it on my first counter. You can also side/corkscrew loop real good with Karis.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 9:30am
I have strong preference for a little slower and more predictable, control oriented rubber, like Karis, for the following reasons:
- it's much easier for me to add power to my shots by using bigger/quicker body turn and weight transfer than to control very fast and bouncy gear - maybe if I practiced 20+ hours per week my opinion would be different
- playing with Karis extends rallies, which is more fun for me and gives me better workout in shorter period of time
- It reinforces and rewards proper technique by giving me good feedback on all shots and by forcing me to use weight transfer on power shots

Edited by VictorK - 03/19/2017 at 9:31am
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 10:55am
Put Karis M on an OFF or OFF+ blade and you have best of both worlds. 
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 11:57am
When talking about mid distance loops, close to the table blocks, put-away drives, and pushes - is Karis M similar to Yasaka XTend HS, or is it more similar to Joola Rhyzm, or is it a totally different feel rubber?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 12:47pm
All these rubbers are much bouncier than Karis,
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 5:47pm
One thing worth noting about Karis M.  At the two month mark on my current blade, these rubbers are holding up very well.  No noticeable decline in play.  Very durable.  I was worried about that because the top sheet is so thin, but it is not a problem at all.  Quite the contrary.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 6:51pm

One thing worth noting about Karis M.  At the two month mark on my current blade, these rubbers are holding up very well.  No noticeable decline in play.  Very durable.  I was worried about that because the top sheet is so thin, but it is not a problem at all.  Quite the contrary.

Okay. Glad to know it is not just in my head.
Cybershape Carbon
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Okay. Glad to know it is not just in my head.

No, it's not just in your head ... my sheets of Karis were durable as well, they lasted >60 yours of play before I changed them, and they were still playable.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 8:03am

I'm using the M+ and the thin topsheet did seems to be very fragile. I got a 6mm slash from the the edge towards the center (never had a cut like that). 

Overall i'm pleased with the rubber, i don't find M+ hard at all, and it's easy to play with.

PS:  anybody got the yinhe S40+ ball?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2017 at 9:36am
Did you hit the edge of the table or something?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic