Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Equipment advise for my 9 yr old daughter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Equipment advise for my 9 yr old daughter
    Posted: 01/06/2017 at 4:15am
My 9 year old girl has finally made it to the provincial meet. I'm planning to buy her some serious equipment. She plays push-blocker style at the table. Her offense comes from her forehand drive and loop. Her backhand is mostly push and block, still learning offense on her backhand. I have my eyes fixed on Butterfly brand. Any recommendations for a suitable setup. Blade and inverted rubbers.
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Sponsored Links

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 11:03am
I would recommend with either the feth or grubba blades.
As for rubbers I would suggest srivers.
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 11:40am
Korbel
Sriver el + Sriver el
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 9:35pm
I'd go with a blade that is definitely sub-85grams.  I'd probably go for something not too expensive and 80g for a 9 yr old with the idea of going slightly heavier when she is around 12yo.  I think maneuverability (with the blade) is key to developing correct strokes while she is growing. 

For rubbers, the obvious choice is Tenergy 05 both sides.  JK

I'd just go with Mark V or shriver.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 2:20am
Mark V /sriver type rubbers just don't play too well with the new plastic balls, something spinny with decent power like vega pro 2.0 on her FH and vega euro df 2.0 on her bh should be pretty good. Xiom rubbers are pretty easy to control, so blocking shouldn't be an issue.

If she can't handle more spin sensitive rubber on her FH then she can try something like rakza 7 soft. ( You can choose a blade like yasaka Sweden classic or any other classic 5 ply which isn't too head heavy. You can spend a lot less here rather than spending on a butterfly setup. Can save up and upgrade later if needed.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 2:50am
Palio Energy 03 good control and feel.. Cheap as well.
Nice light blade, Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75. As for rubbers, previously suggested Vega rubbers are good, Stiga Mendo Energy, Palio AK47 Blue.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 6:26am
Korbel blade, since they make a specific extra small handle version (XXS) specially for kids small hands...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 8:14am
You want something light, and stiff. I see many 8yrs old play with Photino light, Innerforce ULC.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 9:11am
Ask her coach.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Ask her coach.
If she's developing her style under a coach then his opinion would definitely matter in this case, more so than us forumers.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 1:57pm
Primorac off-, spin art 1.9mm forehand, sriver el backhand
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

what dhs rubber could be good?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 11:40pm
Probably the dhs memo 3 and dhs 555as those are not too fast and non tacky. If she is being coached properly then maybe hurricane 3
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Ask her coach.

Theres the trouble, the school can't provide for a decent coach, there's none. So I'm the "ad hoc" coach Confused.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 3:47am

An uncle in the states will shoulder the cost of the equipment hence I came up with the Butterfly brand. I was thinking of Timo Boll Spirit, T05 and T80, the things that I'm sure I will like must also work nicely for her. Confused
So from the replies I assume that I am way way off in my equipment choice.

So Srivers and Primorac it is. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 3:53am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

You want something light, and stiff. I see many 8yrs old play with Photino light, Innerforce ULC.

You're not actually serious are you?Wink
I played with a Photino quite a bit and it was really light, crazy fast, super stiff and it took a very determined effort to be able to loop moderate underspin! You must have some really good fundamentally sound 8 year old kids. The Innerforce ULC, I have no idea how it plays.
Thanks for the advise, I will definitely put some thought into it. 

Edited by Knuckle Ball - 01/08/2017 at 3:54am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 4:00am
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

I'd go with a blade that is definitely sub-85grams.  I'd probably go for something not too expensive and 80g for a 9 yr old with the idea of going slightly heavier when she is around 12yo.  I think maneuverability (with the blade) is key to developing correct strokes while she is growing. 

For rubbers, the obvious choice is Tenergy 05 both sides.  JK

I'd just go with Mark V or shriver.
DarkerMyLove  You hit it spot on! In the back of my mind I was wishing for TBS with Tenergies both sides LOL the dark side of me was kinda hoping my girl can "learn" to play this setup. he he he

Sriver it is

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 4:07am
Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

Palio Energy 03 good control and feel.. Cheap as well.
Nice light blade, Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75. As for rubbers, previously suggested Vega rubbers are good, Stiga Mendo Energy, Palio AK47 Blue.
Fibretec 75 with AK47 setup looks nice. I think I saw the same setup on FB real affordable like. 
Thanks for the suggestion Dan Jake
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

An uncle in the states will shoulder the cost of the equipment hence I came up with the Butterfly brand. I was thinking of Timo Boll Spirit, T05 and T80, the things that I'm sure I will like must also work nicely for her. Confused
So from the replies I assume that I am way way off in my equipment choice.

So Srivers and Primorac it is. 

No you're not way off. If she is serious about staying with table tennis, then go with T05 fh, T80 bh, both 1.9mm.  Kids these days get used to the rubbers quite fast within about 2-3 months of solid practise.  For the blade, I would not go with carbon yet til another 2-3 yrs from now. Set her up with Primorac or Petr Korbel blade. They are the same 5 ply all-wood. Handles may differ slightly. See which handle she prefers and try to get it between 80-85g.

Excellent blades and 1.9 Tenergies to develop and excel at same time.
Do not underestimate the kids these days

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 8:35am
A lot of kids here are using ALC and Innerforce blades.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 9:00am

Probably the dhs memo 3 and dhs 555as those are not too fast and non tacky. If she is being coached properly then maybe hurricane 3

what about skyline 3 60 and tinarc series?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic