FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

New TT t-shirt (looper) on any color shirt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve Pongster View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Pongster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New TT t-shirt (looper) on any color shirt
    Posted: 01/06/2017 at 7:59pm
Hi,
I've got another version of my looper stick figure T-shirt (cotton-$20 each, or poly-$23 each) up on Kickstarter
Here's the link so you can check out the project 

http://kck.st/2iQ2Eaa

This time there's no spiral or 'SPIN it!' words, just the figure screen printed in black ink onto any color shirt you want. Here's a pic of the figure on some shirts.

The project is very short and ends on Jan 19. Below are all the poly color options, there are WAY more color choices for cotton, which you can see if you check out the project.

Here's Brett Clarke wearing my figure in white on a black shirt.

I developed some stick figures for stickers, then made some t-shirts, now it's got more colorful.

Cheers!

mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 10:56pm
I don't like the shirts.  If you wear the shirts out in the community, table tennis players will know you're a player, but the general public won't.  Every time I wear a shirt in public I would like people around me to know that I play table tennis. 

If I wear a shirt that says table tennis, now and then someone will come up to me and tell me that they also play.  99% of the time they are a garage/basement player.  I then have the opportunity to convert them to club play.

When clubs put TTC at the end of their club name (Atlanta TTC) the only people who know what they do are players who are already exposed to table tennis.  When we think of promotional material, we should always put Table Tennis in big bold letters.

Even when we get our free shirts at the U.S. Open or Nationals, the very smallest (almost unreadable) writing is table tennis.

It's the little things we can do that can build table tennis in the United States. 

slevin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 11:08pm
Great t-shirts!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Pongster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 11:27pm
Thanks. I'm glad you like them!
dmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 11:39pm
Comon' man! At some point you have to accept the reality of TT. It's nerdy. There is never going to be a "Tom Brady" of TT. It isn't going to become more popular by force either. The shirts are rad. These would be more likely to have a positive influence because they are cool. Much better than some shirt with block letters and no style.

""""I don't like the shirts.  If you wear the shirts out in the community, table tennis players will know you're a player, but the general public won't.  Every time I wear a shirt in public I would like people around me to know that I play table tennis.  

If I wear a shirt that says table tennis, now and then someone will come up to me and tell me that they also play.  99% of the time they are a garage/basement player.  I then have the opportunity to convert them to club play.

When clubs put TTC at the end of their club name (Atlanta TTC) the only people who know what they do are players who are already exposed to table tennis.  When we think of promotional material, we should always put Table Tennis in big bold letters.

Even when we get our free shirts at the U.S. Open or Nationals, the very smallest (almost unreadable) writing is table tennis.

It's the little things we can do that can build table tennis in the United States.""""  

Edited by dmoney - 01/06/2017 at 11:43pm
Thanks!
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 12:35am
I like them. I tried to buy one too, but USA has another $7 for shipping and at #30 i decided to pass, though i may change my mind later
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 7:49am
Westside TTC's old t shirt logo was similar to that

:)
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 8:05am
I like the design, I sweat a lot, so material is important. I wish you have it in dry fit material, or have it cheaper for casual wearing.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Pongster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 10:53am
I'd be curious to see that, do you have a pic or a link to it?
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Pongster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I like the design, I sweat a lot, so material is important. I wish you have it in dry fit material, or have it cheaper for casual wearing.
Is dry fit material different from moisture wicking polyester? It is available in moisture wicking polyester.
takethat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 10:59am
just buy the damn shirt
sharkcard
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 1:53pm
If you want to sell put this in the for sale section.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 3:04pm

don't know why, but the image is posting 90 degrees counter clockwise

mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

don't know why, but the image is posting 90 degrees counter clockwise

Great shirt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic