FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

No Umpire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Umpire
    Posted: 01/08/2017 at 2:36am
Pointing this out since some Europeans like to make it sound like it is the end of the universe when this happens in the US.

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 7:25am
Berndt Mann is the founder but you are now a fully paid up member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HWT9Mbxnk8

>60yo, 60lbs overweight

Darker Esteem + Tenergy 05 / Tenergy 05

When all else fails, there is always delusion.
smackman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 4:53pm
looks like a couple of old men playing in a empty stadium, not quite a national event

Ulmo Duality,tibhar 5Q sound black, Dtechs grass ox red
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Berndt Mann is the founder but you are now a fully paid up member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HWT9Mbxnk8

I cannot claim to be the founder of any contingent of Grumpy Old Men, being a Sardonically Cheerful Old Man myself, but I am Assistant Head Wazoo of the Bad Hombres and Nasty Women Chapter 666 of Southwest Tucson, Arizona.  We are a non profit organization whose principal goal is to make life as miserable as possible for the Narcissistic cretin, deadbeat, liar, hypocrite, bigoted, bullying misogynist who will soon become Commander in Chief of this politically dangerously ill informed republic of ours.

Edited by berndt_mann - 01/08/2017 at 9:46pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 12:00am
Edit:  Doh!  Just noticed the title.  So of course the issue is the lack of umpire.

It is a 37 minute video.  Are you referring to the lack of umpire, illegal serves, or something else later on in the video?

If it is the lack of umpires, then I call rubbish from the get-go.  In so many of the non US matches club matches I've seen, the "umpire" is really a slightly glorified score keeper who performs only the most basic of umpiring duties.  He's typically more like a score keeper/arbiter.

Edited by wturber - 01/09/2017 at 12:09am
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil
igorponger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 3:27am
My strong belief undisputable:
-- Disregard of service rule is disregarg of your playmate, and more so if playing non-umpire matches.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic