Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Equipment 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 12:31pm
No my friend, they wanted to do a special blade for around 160 or 170 euro. I don't know exactly how much but I know they just wanted to do it with other dimensions, so what should I do with that blade which not fits me ? Therefore i said no. I dealed some time bevor with Butterfly doing a special blade for me and it happend easy as can be. Soulspin have limits when it comes to make special blade-butterfly doesn't. What a pitty that Butterfly has become very expensive in that area.
Sponsored Links

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 12:46pm
Hi stratara, I thought you were a smart cookie. Why do you get on board to those brainless statements of Andy Smith ? I just told the truth of soulspin and my experiencies of doing a special blade.

If you don't believe as an ordinary human being, I can't help you.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 12:53pm
Mad as a bucket of frogs. Seek help.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 1:43pm
Actually, Butterfly Special Order has of the most limits together with Nittaku's. Asymmetric structures cannot be requested as commercial special order, and the blade dimension is limited to all commercial blades' dimensions, I believe?

I don't know about Soulspin but for most customblade makers, e.g. Ross, Singody, TT Manufaktor, DAB blades, the dimension should not be a big problem.

Hey Andy, does Butterfly still make Viscaria with chocolate chip on the forehand side and whipped cream on the other?Shocked I wonder if they have gotten some better packaging since then.

Edited by Jasonh - 01/17/2017 at 1:44pm
Fly away!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Actually, Butterfly Special Order has of the most limits together with Nittaku's. Asymmetric structures cannot be requested as commercial special order, and the blade dimension is limited to all commercial blades' dimensions, I believe?

I don't know about Soulspin but for most customblade makers, e.g. Ross, Singody, TT Manufaktor, DAB blades, the dimension should not be a big problem.

Hey Andy, does Butterfly still make Viscaria with chocolate chip on the forehand side and whipped cream on the other?Shocked I wonder if they have gotten some better packaging since then.

This guy's issue was that soulspin wouldn't make him a custom handle, not the head size.  Soulspin's approach to blade building is that they have a lot of different handle options for a buyer to select from, shaped by a cnc machine.  But they don't do truly custom handles down to the mm, because configuring the cnc machine is a time intensive process and would cost too much.

That may sound perfectly sensible to you or I, but after tt-spirit's obsessive demands were declined by soulspin, he now takes every opportunity to knock them as a company, telling people that they won't be satisfied if they use them and that they have no future as a company.  Imagine asking for something incredibly specific like that, and then getting so upset that you have to jump on them at every opportunity.  I mean, in this very thread he's bashing blades for lack of "soul" that he's never tried.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 2:30pm
To be honest, that is what it sounds like to me.  I have become pretty picky about my handles, but tt-spirit has demands that would not be plausible for anyone except a small custom maker like maybe Mr. Levy in Romania. 

From what I have seen of Soulspin blades, they are awesome, and NOBODY gives you more flexibility.  But even they have limits.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

To be honest, that is what it sounds like to me.  I have become pretty picky about my handles, but tt-spirit has demands that would not be plausible for anyone except a small custom maker like maybe Mr. Levy in Romania. 

From what I have seen of Soulspin blades, they are awesome, and NOBODY gives you more flexibility.  But even they have limits.

Absolutely.

What amazes me about tt-s is that he chooses to aggro one of the most flexible companies out there, with more handle options than almost anyone, with a progressive approach to sending test boxes out to potential customers.  So they don't do custom handles to the mm - so what?  Just move on to someone who does, if that's what you absolutely must have.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 7:02pm
The blades made by Soulspin that I have seen from people who have purchased directly from them are amazing.  I have first hand knowledge of their feel and build quality.  They build blades for other companies (Donic for ex.) and I don't know if they are responsible for the design, and I have not tried their blades.  I certainly lack the secret EJ power to judge just by looking. 

So Soulspin made a blade you don't like?   Remember, Btfly came out with a Kreanga blade that wasn't even legal and that they took off the market a few months later!  (It was a terrible blade for other reasons).  They brought you the Boll Tricarbon, and a bunch of other losers.  Of course Btfly also have created Viscaria and several other blades that would have to be on any objective list of greatest blades ever.  Stiga has some of the other all-time greats too.  Nobody could dispute that.  They have also introduced blades that de-laminate.

The problem with Soulspin is they have almost too many choices for handles, so without the test boxes how does one narrow it down?  (Also, I am not sure they will send the test box to the US).  From time to time I travel to that part of Germany, so I have figured the thing to do is just go there in person and get custom fitted, so to speak, as if it was a suit.  I will definitely do that one of these days.

By the way, Soulspin offers every blade they sell in three different head sizes!  Who else does that? (Nobody).  And they don't just allow you to choose handle shapes (including asymmetric handles, which is kind of their specialty) they also give you multiple choices for handle material, so you can adjust overall weight and weight balance.  Heavy handles can be chosen reduce head heaviness by selecting a given handle cap made from denser wood.  Again, who else lets you do that?  (Absolutely nobody).

Lack of expertise?  The guy who started the company had decades of expertise working for several other blade companies.

As for Btfly, I think they have discontinued making special custom blades for ordinary people, unless that has changed in the last couple of months.  My results going that route were not happy, but I may not have been specific enough with what I requested from them. 

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 7:09pm
Jasonh, I can't speak to any of those rubbers made by the Daiki factory except for Karis. 

I can compare Karis to some ESN rubbers like MX-P or EL-P.  Karis has no smell of booster at all, and it doesn't play at all like a boosted rubber.  It domes a little out of the package so I am not going to claim with absolute certainty that it does not have some additive to the sponge, but it it does, it doesn't have any of the usual booster smells.  The most notable thing about Karis is the extremely short pips.  The topsheet is not shiny, it is a quite dull color.  Nicely grippy, though.  From the photo Mantra looks like that too, but I don't notice the lines in Karis.  Regarding the sponge of Karis, compared to what I have used for the last decade (T05 and MX-P) it has very small pores.  Makes it a lot easier to glue down.  Very very easy to cut, also.

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 8:45pm

Jasonh, I can't speak to any of those rubbers made by the Daiki factory except for Karis. 

I can compare Karis to some ESN rubbers like MX-P or EL-P.  Karis has no smell of booster at all, and it doesn't play at all like a boosted rubber.  It domes a little out of the package so I am not going to claim with absolute certainty that it does not have some additive to the sponge, but it it does, it doesn't have any of the usual booster smells.  The most notable thing about Karis is the extremely short pips.  The topsheet is not shiny, it is a quite dull color.  Nicely grippy, though.  From the photo Mantra looks like that too, but I don't notice the lines in Karis.  Regarding the sponge of Karis, compared to what I have used for the last decade (T05 and MX-P) it has very small pores.  Makes it a lot easier to glue down.  Very very easy to cut, also.

Thanks for the comparison, would you regard Karis as a rubber focusing on spin and control? That's what I am looking for for my backhand rubber.
My apologies for the harsh conclusion, some of those I have played or got some feedback from friends are Airoc, Regilis Blue and Flyatt Spin. One mentioned about the bad smell of Regilis Blue, and both Airoc and Regilis do shrink. Flyatt Spin, compared to its  predecessors, has shorter pips, too. I haven't seen anyone using Karis yet but sounds pretty awesome.
Fly away!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 9:25pm
Definitely a control rubber.  Spinny enough.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 11:51pm
itc powercell mp is also from daiki and similar to karis hard sponge and mantra
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 7:39am

By the way, Soulspin offers every blade they sell in three different head sizes!  Who else does that? (Nobody). 

OSP?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

By the way, Soulspin offers every blade they sell in three different head sizes!  Who else does that? (Nobody). 

OSP?
Aliexpress. Their blades are so fake that it´s impossible to get two identical shapes...
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Hi stratara, I thought you were a smart cookie. Why do you get on board to those brainless statements of Andy Smith ? I just told the truth of soulspin and my experiencies of doing a special blade.

If you don't believe as an ordinary human being, I can't help you.

ttspirit I didnt say to Andysmith that he is right about your conversation. I said he is right for bluefire, that it is made in europe and not in japan.(if you check the previous posts you will see) You missunderstood my post. So...dont get mad with me Smile
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

OSP?

Oops. I'm an idiot.  Embarrassed 

Yes.

OSP and Soulspin.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 7:22pm
Donic Dyjas Ultra Power (based on Jakub's blade / 7 ply Clipper like)

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Donic Dyjas Ultra Power (based on Jakub's blade / 7 ply Clipper like)

Already on the list.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 7:47am
Blades:

Xiom Musa Euro
Xiom Musa Asia

Rubber:

Xiom Musa III

Edited by Ray - 01/27/2017 at 7:47am
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Blades:

Xiom Musa Euro
Xiom Musa Asia

Rubber:

Xiom Musa III

Good find.

Musa III has been out for a while in the asian market, as well as Musa III China.

Also, from the xiom.co.jp site, new rubbers:

Vega Intro
Vega Def
Omega II Love (??? A valentine's special perhaps...)
Omega II x

The blades are interesting:

Musa Euro - 7 ply - koto outer - made in korea
Musa Asia - 5 ply - limba outer - made in korea

Xiom don't make it easy to google their stuff when they keep re-using rubber names for their blades...

They also seem to have a Zeta Allround now to go with the Zeta Off and Off+ from last year.  Another 5-ply limba, made in china most likely.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTT???????
Fly away!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2017 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

WWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTT???????

Yeah, it could well be a bit of crazy google translate madness there.  But I like it regardless.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 5:07am
DHS is giving us Gold Arc 5 and 8. Made in Germany and developed with the help of WLQ and Ma Long. Package is very Chinese New Year with a Red and Gold theme. Both have BIOS logo on package but Tensor logo on GA8 only.  
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 7:11am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

DHS is giving us Gold Arc 5 and 8. Made in Germany and developed with the help of WLQ and Ma Long. Package is very Chinese New Year with a Red and Gold theme. Both have BIOS logo on package but Tensor logo on GA8 only.  

That's very surprising!  A bold move if true.  Any links?

Not to worry - I've found them:

http://www.ttshop.cn/goods.asp?id=12957
http://www.ttshop.cn/goods.asp?id=12956

Wow, eh?  So, GA5 is cheaper (£20-ish), non-tensor, slight confusion on the sponge hardness (pic says 47.5, description says 42.5).  GA8 is more expensive (£29-ish), tensor, 47.5 degrees.  I guess both are non-tacky?

Edited by AndySmith - 02/02/2017 at 7:20am
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 9:09am

Wow, eh?  So, GA5 is cheaper (£20-ish), non-tensor, slight confusion on the sponge hardness (pic says 47.5, description says 42.5).  GA8 is more expensive (£29-ish), tensor, 47.5 degrees.  I guess both are non-tacky?

Yes they are non-tacky Euro style rubber. GA5 has a choice of 42.5 and 47.5 in hardness. GA8 has 47.5 and 50. They said GA5 is meant for BH and GA8 for both sides. 
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 9:20am

Yes they are non-tacky Euro style rubber. GA5 has a choice of 42.5 and 47.5 in hardness. GA8 has 47.5 and 50. They said GA5 is meant for BH and GA8 for both sides. 

Well, that's just mega.

I've never been able to order from ttshop.cn.  Do you know anywhere else with stock?  I'll give them a bash.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 11:26am

Well, that's just mega.

I've never been able to order from ttshop.cn.  Do you know anywhere else with stock?  I'll give them a bash.

Probably only through a taobao agent for now. Hope TT11 will stock it soon. 

I have not used buychina before but they seems straight forward with clear pricing. 

http://www.buychina.com/products/544610579819
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 12:42pm

Probably only through a taobao agent for now. Hope TT11 will stock it soon. 

I have not used buychina before but they seems straight forward with clear pricing. 

http://www.buychina.com/products/544610579819

Awesome.  I did try taobao directly but it's hard to search, for obvious reasons.  Many thanks for the help!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 11:58am
New stuff posted on tt-spin.de from the ispo event added.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 5:59pm
I am curios about the Joola short pips - much though I find their product and pricing ridiculous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic