Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Short pips play - Karlsson vs Ouaiche

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Short pips play - Karlsson vs Ouaiche
    Posted: 01/08/2017 at 12:46pm

A style of play I'd love to see more and more players adopt this, shakehand or penhold regardlessClap

Edited by jk92 - 01/08/2017 at 12:46pm
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Sponsored Links

Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 1:00pm
definitely one of my favorite players to watch recently. Thumbs Up

Makes me want to try the Rakza PO.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 3:10pm
Mattias Karlsson seems to have improved a good deal over the past year or so based on some the matches I've watched of him.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 3:26pm
I prefer Ouaiche's style.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 8:37pm
Indeed, Karlsson had some good matches during the last year or so. So did Ouaiche. 
To me, this one is not a good example of either. Karlsson overly relying on power hits with his FH SP, Ouaiche not introducing enough change to move the Swede out of position...
What bothers me more is that both big guys seem to be gaining extra pounds, and we know what it means in TT.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Indeed, Karlsson had some good matches during the last year or so. So did Ouaiche. 
To me, this one is not a good example of either. Karlsson overly relying on power hits with his FH SP, Ouaiche not introducing enough change to move the Swede out of position...
What bothers me more is that both big guys seem to be gaining extra pounds, and we know what it means in TT.
I find it puzzling how loads of semi-pro/pro players, especially in the UK seem to be larger than the average person, not just in muscle mass, but also in fat.

Must it be the complacency in diet that comes with such a frequent (and possibly intense) training regime?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 5:07pm
Fish and chips is life, yo. Beef burger before falkenberg(er).
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 8:06pm
Hard to find SP players to follow in this 40+ era. I usually track penholders but Karlsson's form on his FH is really good so this is a good find.

Thanks for posting.
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 8:36pm
Sadly he loses to Mattenet in the same match

Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Hard to find SP players to follow in this 40+ era. I usually track penholders but Karlsson's form on his FH is really good so this is a good find.

Thanks for posting.

audrey zarif and wan yuan from germany play fh with sp
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 11:01pm
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic