Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BH rubber and blade suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pacificspice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacificspice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BH rubber and blade suggestions
    Posted: 01/08/2017 at 10:35pm
Hi I am intermediate player looking for suggestions for a BH rubber to complement H3 Neo max sponge on my FH. What I would prefer for the BH is an all round inverted rubber which is insensitive to incoming spin, high gears and maybe deceptive. Also would like suggestions for an all wood blade for ~ $20 and OFF- or OFF. 
Sponsored Links

ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 6:06am
For $20, you should get a HRT Clipper.

The description of your BH rubber matches the characteristics of short pips. They're more insensitive to incoming spin than inverted, can be deceptive (depending on their ability to generate their own spin and thickness of sponge) and have good control. However, it's very difficult to loop with them, they're primarily used for blocking, driving, hitting, and less often, for chopping. Some spinny ones can generate lots of spin but still not even close to a spinny inverted

For inverted rubber go for something like rakza x. It's a versatile BH inverted with good control and somewhat insensitive to incoming spin. But it won't be deceptive. Few other alternatives are T64, TSP agrit/agrit speed, coppa x1 turbo platin.

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 01/09/2017 at 6:17am
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by pacificspice pacificspice wrote:

Hi I am intermediate player looking for suggestions for a BH rubber to complement H3 Neo max sponge on my FH. What I would prefer for the BH is an all round inverted rubber which is insensitive to incoming spin, high gears and maybe deceptive. Also would like suggestions for an all wood blade for ~ $20 and OFF- or OFF. 

The only inverted rubber with some deception (ignoring anti, of course) that I know of is Gambler Reflectoid. It's also pretty insensitive to spin, but I have no idea about gears  - but, hey, 2 out of 3 is not bad!

While we are on the subject of deception - I was told several times that balls coming off Vs>401 are strange (it does have a chopping sponge, I think), but my weird strokes probably had something to do with that as well.

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 10:12am
Call Paddle Palace equipment experts

1-800-547-5891
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2017 at 7:00pm

Compare what the above posters suggest and Paddle Palace suggest. What are the differences and why ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 3:22am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Compare what the above posters suggest and Paddle Palace suggest. What are the differences and why ?

I too would like to know that

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 01/10/2017 at 4:20am
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 5:35am
friendship 729 super soft 
new grubba blade all+
clipper cr wrb
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 12:08pm
Used, worn out rubbers match exactly what the OP is looking for. It's free, if you ask around in your local club, or post a LF in the Sale section, and offer to pay for shipping.

For blade, I do not recommend buying any ~20 dollars blade, you will end up wasting the money, since you can't re-sell it, can't even give it away most of the time. Blade is like a wrist watch, it should be something you like and cherish.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic