FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

HRT 2091 Clipper review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

What HRT is doing goes way beyond just using the idea of the Clipper composition.  They go so far as to call it a Clipper!  They borrow every single aspect of the blade appearance.  The only thing different is the plastic insert. 

It is utterly and completely pathetic.

But one thing is true, once you have bought the blade, you might as well use it.  No problem there.

My issue is that maybe you ought not to be promoting it for other people to buy.

I'm really surprised you say,  "My issue is that maybe you ought not to be promoting it for other people to buy"

He is reviewing the HRT Clipper clone. He is giving me and others useful information.

As a forum moderator, you shouldn't say this.  Please edit/delete your last sentence

Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

What HRT is doing goes way beyond just using the idea of the Clipper composition.  They go so far as to call it a Clipper!  They borrow every single aspect of the blade appearance.  The only thing different is the plastic insert. 

But one thing is true, once you have bought the blade, you might as well use it.  No problem there.

My issue is that maybe you ought not to be promoting it for other people to buy.

I'm really surprised you say,  "My issue is that maybe you ought not to be promoting it for other people to buy"

He is reviewing the HRT Clipper clone. He is giving me and others useful information.

As a forum moderator, you shouldn't say this.  Please edit/delete your last sentence

Baal is morally right.   HRT is using Stiga's marketing property without permission
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 1:51pm
Who knows if Stiga has a patent, its up to them to defend it or not.

But if you have a cheaper product .. some people will buy it. Thats the way of the world.

Thats why in business your product only has a period of time to reap profits.

Thanks mog1111 for the review it was very informative.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 1:53pm
mog thanks for the review.  Lots of interesting points in this thread.  One observation: at least based on the pics, that clipper is a lense and box change away from being a "fake" of the previous generation of stiga blades (Stiga changed the font they use to be smaller).  I wouldn't be surprised if HRT are /were behind the sale of fake Stiga blades in the chinese market.  These days stiga blades sold in China have a holographic sticker and code but they didn't used to have those things as of a few years ago.

Some have said that the Clipper is one of the most popular blades in China so HRT is smart (business-wise) going after a piece of that market.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

Who knows if Stiga has a patent, its up to them to defend it or not.

But if you have a cheaper product .. some people will buy it. Thats the way of the world.

Thats why in business your product only has a period of time to reap profits.

Thanks mog1111 for the review it was very informative.

True.  But HRT are obvious scumbags.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 3:20pm

It is close to a fake blade.  As somebody else said, HRT is very likely a source for an ocean of fake Stiga blades originating in China. (I feel free to say that because their respect for other people's creative endeavors is already obvious).

So no, I will not edit or delete my last sentence

At the same time, I have not closed or locked the thread, and people are free to buy this blade if they want it from HRT or from people here.  And if in the future people want to review HRT blades here they will be free to do so, even though my personal opinion is that people shouldn't give them the free press.

But every time I see someone reviewing one of their obviously and shamelessly copied blades, I will chime in with a plea to not do it because HRT is despicable and pathetic.

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 6:40pm
Well just to throw a grenade in to the debate.
This season on and off I have been playing quite often with a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.

So I have glued Hurricane 3 Neo bh and Sanwei Target National fh on both the HRT and my modified TSPW.
So tonight I had a match and a good half hour knock before whilst I like the power and directness of the HRT, I think my control and allround general play is still better and naturally more comfortable with Stratus.
Tonight I beat a young good serving, spinny, strong left handed looper, it was in 5 and it was a tight game but I had so much control in general and these are the types of players I really find difficult.
So after all the fuss I am 95% certain I am going to stick with the Stratus for at least a week or two.

It appears my relentless EJing is lunacy and the answer is right under my nose.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 11:11pm
Mog1111 Are you sure it's an official, super duper- authentic -died in the wool- real chemist tested 

Hurricane 3 Neo and not some Dianchi copy

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 2:23am
DHS PG9 is another quality clipper clone at same price tag. I´m planning to quit using RWV and stick with it for the next season.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 01/14/2017 at 2:23am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 2:58am
jonyer1980 pg9 isn't a clipper clone. Pg9 has koto outer ply, where clipper has limba, and not only this difference, also the core plies are different to each other.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

Mog1111 Are you sure it's an official, super duper- authentic -died in the wool- real chemist tested 

Hurricane 3 Neo and not some Dianchi copy

hmmmm??
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

jonyer1980 pg9 isn't a clipper clone. Pg9 has koto outer ply, where clipper has limba, and not only this difference, also the core plies are different to each other.

Mistyped i meant PG7.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 01/14/2017 at 10:59am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Baal is morally right.   HRT is using Stiga's marketing property without permission

The issue is between Stiga and HRT.

I enjoyed reading the review of HRT Clipper clone blade.  It is a table tennis blade sold worldwide on Ebay. AND I value the information the OP shared.  I have friends who ask me about all kinds of blades.

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 6:18pm

It is close to a fake blade.  As somebody else said, HRT is very likely a source for an ocean of fake Stiga blades originating in China. (I feel free to say that because their respect for other people's creative endeavors is already obvious).

So no, I will not edit or delete my last sentence

At the same time, I have not closed or locked the thread, and people are free to buy this blade if they want it from HRT or from people here.  And if in the future people want to review HRT blades here they will be free to do so, even though my personal opinion is that people shouldn't give them the free press.

All the same, every time I see someone reviewing one of their obviously and shamelessly copied blades, I will chime in with a plea to not do it because HRT is despicable and pathetic.

In short Snakefish, if you find a lake somewhere, you know where to jump.

As a forum moderator:  I am glad you will allow people to review HRT blades (can you just imagine when they come out with rubbers LOL ).

As a forum moderator:  it is a shame you will chime in whenever there is an HRT review with your personal opinion. 

Whatever happened to freedom of expression without suppression ?  No wonder some of my Canadian friends don't contribute to this forum anymore

As a forum moderator:  telling me to find a lake, and telling me where to jump.  And if I did and drowned ? 

Edited by Snakefish - 01/14/2017 at 6:19pm
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 6:23pm
The funny thing is I will probably end up not using this blade. I really want my Andro Ligna to work with Hurricane, its fantastic when I'm good but awful when I'm bad.
Failing that I will almost certainly use my modified TSPW.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 7:49pm
Snakefish, even though I am a moderator I also have the right of freedom of expresson and I will use it whenever anyone reviews a blade from the highly immoral and shameless HRT people. 

Mog has already bought the blade and might as well use it if he likes it.

I still hope people who want a Clipper will buy it from Stiga.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Mistyped i meant PG7.

Friend Jonyer, again they are not the same blades. If you notice the 2 red plies of the clipper, are bigger than the red ones in pg7. And also the middle ply in clipper is thinner, where in Pg7 is a little thickier. You can also see the difference if you type in google pg7 and then clipper wood, the differences are obvious with naked eye.
-Plus they are different in playing characteristics. I have used both of them a lot, and there were a lot of differences between them. I have mentioned again, that my pg7, bought from eacheng.net, was really fast for an OFF blade, for me was deffinately an OFF+, maybe not so fast in the OFF+ category, but an OFF+ for sure. On the other hand, clipper is a clear OFF blade.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 2:20pm

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Mistyped i meant PG7.

Friend Jonyer, again they are not the same blades. If you notice the 2 red plies of the clipper, are bigger than the red ones in pg7. And also the middle ply in clipper is thinner, where in Pg7 is a little thickier. You can also see the difference if you type in google pg7 and then clipper wood, the differences are obvious with naked eye.
-Plus they are different in playing characteristics. I have used both of them a lot, and there were a lot of differences between them. I have mentioned again, that my pg7, bought from eacheng.net, was really fast for an OFF blade, for me was deffinately an OFF+, maybe not so fast in the OFF+ category, but an OFF+ for sure. On the other hand, clipper is a clear OFF blade.

I agree.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 3:00pm
I'm OFF+ the HRT anyway, back on the trusty TSPW!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 3:08pm
These will be my last words on HRT until the next thread where it comes up (hopefully far in the future).

Lots of companies make similar blades. For example, the Donic Ovtcharoc True Carbon is clearly similar to Btfly koto ALC blades (a point I have made many times) although someone at TTDaily proved that the outer koto layer is thinner on Donic blades than on Viscaria or ZJK-ALC. SLevin also thinks the ALC mesh is different (and it seems to have a slightly different color, although I'm not sure if that is a significant difference). Butterfly and DOnic do not manufacture the ALC, they buy it from companies that make the weaves (there is more than one) who in turn buy the Vectran (Arylate) from the manufacturer.  It is very possible that Donic and Btfly get their weaves from different places, with different carbon-ALC ratios, fiber thicknesses, etc.  That may be why those layers look different.  Actually, even if they get the weaves from the same company, there could be subtle differences.  If the composite layer is different, the blade is different, even if the feel when playing is essentially the same.

The Donic handle is definitely different in FL, although the ST handle is very similar to ZJK-ALC in terms of shape.  The DTC has German flag color scheme AND VERY IMPORTANTLY, DONIC DOESN'T CALL IT A VISCARIA!! Same with Tibhar, Xiom, and other companies that make koto ALC blades. 

Similarly, there are lots of blades inspired by Clipper that are not actual Clippers. There is some difference in the design.  DHS doesn't call their blades a Clipper!

This is all different from what HRT does.

In addition, there is no reason to believe Donic, Tibhar or Xiom is a source of fakes.  I am not convinced we can say that about HRT.

By the way, as for Stiga enforcing a patent in China (assuming they still hold one for Clipper), here is why that is unrealistic.

http://footwearnews.com/2016/business/retail/3-big-obstacles-counterfeiting-shoes-china-259833/

And the fact that they have no legal recourse does not mean that HRT are not doing something corrupt. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 1:16am
Well said Baal Clap I agree
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 11:23pm

With your title and so-called power, comes responsibility. You should act the part with some semblance of maturity and professionalism. Clearly, if you say you didn't sign up to be a role model, then resign.

But your attitude is indicative of who and what you are as a person - to want someone to die.

Totally uncalled for, irresponsible and unacceptable. 

Let's move on......

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 4:27am
OK. Snakefish.  I have let you have your say.  I'm pretty sure you didn't google those phrases I used.  You would have discovered that they don't really have a literal meaning and that I don't really want you to die or to kill yourself.  Urban Dictionary would have told you what they really mean.    

So again, to be clear, I really don't want you to die. If you didn't know them before, you have learned two new phrases in English language.  One of them, I think, might have originated with the comic actor W. C. Fields (1880-1946).

Since you remain upset, I have edited out those comments to remove what you considered a personal attack.

As for my comments about HRT and their business model, I am leaving those.  I have a right to express them. 
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 4:33am
If I had known my review would cause so much trouble I would never have posted the damn thing!
Thought I was being helpful!!

Can everyone just chill out a bit now please?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 4:43am
Thanks Mog, especially for your willingness to consider an unexpected point of view.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 9:32pm

Mog1111:  Thanks for your review. It was very insightful and helpful for a lot of people. Keep 'em coming
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 2:52am
That's why I keep coming back to this place. Lots of fun stuff. Better than GOT series! Everyday I take a peek around here, lots of TT stuff too LOL
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 7:21pm
I have bought a Samsonov Force Pro original and I really really like it.
Suits me better than a TSPW, better in block and more direct.
Bit harder too loop with but i'll adjust to that.

For the record Baal, I like the TSFP better than the HRT!!

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
arxidiavol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2017 at 3:59pm
Ha ha and once again ha. I "vote" with my money and by HRT Clipper. Why should I sponsor someone in England or Sweden only for the fact that they used some popular blade composition?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2017 at 4:11pm
Your money, your choice.  I hope the rubber you bought to go with it turns out to be fake and plays like total crap. There would be justice in that.   People who buy from HRT promote proliferation of fake equipment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic