Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dianchi made their very first rubber Type D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 8:12am
...and how much did it cost you?
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 7:32am
where to buy this rubber?
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:36am
Interesting, thanks!
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 12:12am
Continue~~

close up on the logo. Obviously it's made in China. The model name is called Velocity Type D, the chinese wording below it said it's a model for speed, which makes me wonder if they are going to release another model that will focus on spin.

Done gluing.

Initial feeling after a few matches with my club mates:
- it does feel a lot like H3 neo, I have no problem using it since I'm used to TG3 neo and H3 neo
- The surface is tacky, but also a tiny bit matte finish like
- The rubber is not bouncy as expect from a chinese rubber, and the sponge is relatively hard if you press on it. 
-When flat hit, I can hear a clear metal click sound
- When looping, the sound is not as obvious, may be I didn't engage the rubber right
- The rubber definitely can generate comparable spin like a H3/TG3 
- Power wise, the rubber pretty much give you what a boosted H3 would give, however I'd like to have it even boost one more layer
- Considering there were a lot of rubbers from other brands try to take the throne (Sanwei Target, Tibhar K1 etc) from DHS H3, this Dianchi rubber actually stand out from them and I'd say it's the closest thing you can get.

Edited by qualizon - 01/11/2017 at 12:28am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 11:39pm
Finally got time to restart my EJ journey since early 2016, I've been so busy with work, life and a new born baby. But now I'm back to my favorite sports, so to cut it short, I've been reading from some chinese forum about this potential hurricane 3 replacement. Not to waste any time, I order it and here it comes.

This would be my setup for to test this rubber.

The rubber only comes in 2.1mm or 2.2mm for thickness. And you can pick from 38 to 40 for hardness.

Description on the back of the package. The top of the package said you don't have to boost it, they actually mean you don't need to boost it on the very first time.

The back of the rubber has a transparent layer of boosted glue, protected by a plastic sheet. I gotta say, the smell of it is exactly like H3 neo, and possibly stronger smell.

Another picture of the two Dianchi rubber that I've ordered.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic