Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dianchi made their very first rubber Type D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dianchi made their very first rubber Type D
    Posted: 01/10/2017 at 11:39pm
Finally got time to restart my EJ journey since early 2016, I've been so busy with work, life and a new born baby. But now I'm back to my favorite sports, so to cut it short, I've been reading from some chinese forum about this potential hurricane 3 replacement. Not to waste any time, I order it and here it comes.

This would be my setup for to test this rubber.

The rubber only comes in 2.1mm or 2.2mm for thickness. And you can pick from 38 to 40 for hardness.

Description on the back of the package. The top of the package said you don't have to boost it, they actually mean you don't need to boost it on the very first time.

The back of the rubber has a transparent layer of boosted glue, protected by a plastic sheet. I gotta say, the smell of it is exactly like H3 neo, and possibly stronger smell.

Another picture of the two Dianchi rubber that I've ordered.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Sponsored Links

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 12:12am
Continue~~

close up on the logo. Obviously it's made in China. The model name is called Velocity Type D, the chinese wording below it said it's a model for speed, which makes me wonder if they are going to release another model that will focus on spin.

Done gluing.

Initial feeling after a few matches with my club mates:
- it does feel a lot like H3 neo, I have no problem using it since I'm used to TG3 neo and H3 neo
- The surface is tacky, but also a tiny bit matte finish like
- The rubber is not bouncy as expect from a chinese rubber, and the sponge is relatively hard if you press on it. 
-When flat hit, I can hear a clear metal click sound
- When looping, the sound is not as obvious, may be I didn't engage the rubber right
- The rubber definitely can generate comparable spin like a H3/TG3 
- Power wise, the rubber pretty much give you what a boosted H3 would give, however I'd like to have it even boost one more layer
- Considering there were a lot of rubbers from other brands try to take the throne (Sanwei Target, Tibhar K1 etc) from DHS H3, this Dianchi rubber actually stand out from them and I'd say it's the closest thing you can get.

Edited by qualizon - 01/11/2017 at 12:28am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:36am
Interesting, thanks!
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 7:32am
where to buy this rubber?
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 8:12am
...and how much did it cost you?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 8:37am
there is one seller on aliexpress, sell this rubber for $60
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 10:17am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I got it from a distributor from China directly, I might import a few more if the interest is big in the US.

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">

Edited by qualizon - 01/11/2017 at 10:18am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 10:26am
import some and pm me when you get it
i'm interested 
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 10:52am
Thanks, qualizon.  Looks promising... and I want a video review from schen LOL!

Were you able to weigh the rubber before and after cutting?

I see Dianchi took a page out of Haifu's business model.  I hope they are able to keep up production.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 11:11am

Prott.vip sells it.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 11:34am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Prott.vip sells it.

thanks. but $40 for chinese rubber ..
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 12:34pm
nice!
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Thanks, qualizon.  Looks promising... and I want a video review from schen LOL!

Were you able to weigh the rubber before and after cutting?

I see Dianchi took a page out of Haifu's business model.  I hope they are able to keep up production.

Sorry, I was too excited to put it on and forgot to measure the weight of it. But you should not expect it be be any lighter than a boosted H3 neo.

Edited by qualizon - 01/11/2017 at 1:43pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 1:41pm
Below are copied from their marketing post (in chinese):

国内几位专业选手对典驰套胶的评价:
侯英超,前国家队队员:
这是一款专业和业余通吃的套胶,套胶胶面很粘,控制很好,不易冒高;海绵的支撑给力,无论发力还是借力,都很到位。建议专业队员用40度,业余高手(有一定基础或受过一段时间正规训练的球友)可选择39度,一般业余球友可选择38度

(ps:专业就是不一样,关于选择硬度时这个参考价值大)

江天一,前国家队队员:
这款胶皮制造旋转的能力非常好,在手上停顿的感觉很好,很细腻的技术对于这款胶皮来说是很有优势的

(ps:吃球感,适合细腻技术的发挥,点评到位)

吴昊,前国家队队员:
这款套胶非常好打,无论是搓球还是进攻,都是很有质量的,发力的底劲很足。防守很稳健,由于防守质量高,所以在攻防转换就容易出现机会。对冲时很有力量。

(ps:防守转攻的这板绝逼牛)

尹航,前国家队队员:
第一次使用典驰套胶时,没想到居然如此好打,套胶上手很容易,在控制、容错、底劲等方面很好,对拉相持的球很顶。

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 8:48pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGPq_Lrgg5o
here is the video schen looks older and changed back to chopping
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 8:52pm
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 1:05am
Great stuff.  Looks like saletabletennis has this for $38, I think it includes free shipping.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 12:32pm
From the review, it's like boosted H3 NEO.  So why not just boost H3 NEO for about half the cost?
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 1:40pm
My personal take: Boosting is messy, time consuming, apparently reduces the lifespan of the rubber (sometimes significantly), and is illegal in official tournaments.  I like a tacky forehand and tried boosting a few times but it was just too much of a hassle for me.

I use H3 Neo Provincial and personally find it better than commercial.  It can sometimes be hard to find, and there's always the risk of fakes.  This is the same price and if it has the consistency and playing qualities of provincial then thats a big win for me.

Finally not to spark the whole boosting debate but if this plays boosted out of the package then it solves the illegality issue - no modification by the user.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 1:52pm
yup, i also like the fact that i don't need to boost it myself, especially when I have a baby at home, I don't want to touch any booster directly anymore, even though I like how the kailin oil does with my rubber.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 10:14am
Update 1:
- I'm still having a bit trouble on engaging the rubber right when doing a power loop, I can't seems to find the right ratio of hitting/rubbing so that it'll have that metal click through feeling while I'm driving the loop
- the rubber also open up a bit and it's more bouncy than the first night I try it
- it seems to have a bit longer trajectory or a bit higher throw, coz majority of my loops are a bit off the table

Will try it out again either on Sunday or Monday.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 11:23am
maybe if you put it on slower blade will be better?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 11:35am

maybe if you put it on slower blade will be better?

Good point, my comparison is based on this new setup (Long 5 / dianchi Type D)  vs my main setup (n656 / TG3).

I should have put the dianchi on a similar blade or better yet, the same blade for a better comparison 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 12:08pm
This rubber looks interesting but not sure how long the boosted effect will last.

Actually, the price is about the same as DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial.
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
BH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Renol Renol wrote:

This rubber looks interesting but not sure how long the boosted effect will last.

Actually, the price is about the same as DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial.

I read that somewhere in a chinese forum, someone mentioned it's like using Dianchi on a H3 neo, it will last around 2 weeks+, and then you'll have to reboost it with one layer of Dianchi again.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2017 at 3:21am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

I read that somewhere in a chinese forum, someone mentioned it's like using Dianchi on a H3 neo, it will last around 2 weeks+, and then you'll have to reboost it with one layer of Dianchi again.

I also interested to know how will the rubber play after the boost effect wear off and without reboosting.
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:09am
Any update on the consistency if the boost effect still exists?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 10:53am

yup, i also like the fact that i don't need to boost it myself, especially when I have a baby at home, I don't want to touch any booster directly anymore, even though I like how the kailin oil does with my rubber.

is that a cpen long 5?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 12:03am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

is that a cpen long 5?

it is actually a replica of W968
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Renol Renol wrote:

Any update on the consistency if the boost effect still exists?

Sorry guys, have been off from TT for a while, I'm gonna resume this coming weekend.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic