FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Hurricane Long 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Hurricane Long 5
    Posted: 01/20/2017 at 5:50am
Hi, just received my order of Hurricane Long 5 and have a few questions about it, hope you knowledgeable folks can enlighten me.

Please see the attached pictures I just took, there is no writing on the face of the blade and no silver sticker on top of the silver dragon figure on the reverse side of the handle.

So want to confirm from you guys if this a genuine blade?

Also I found the quality control of this blade not upto mark for a $180 blade, the handle has bad finish especially in the area where the DHS emblem is inserted. The emblem itself is sticking out and not properly seated inside the whole just a tad bit from one side but might pose problem when handling the blade. Also there are dents/chips around that area which look horrible for a new blade.

Are these things normal for DHS blades as this is my first DHS blade and I expected it to be better in quality if it's this expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by unstopabl3 - 02/03/2017 at 4:37pm
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 6:46am
Mine was original & the blade face certainly had writing on it. Yes, that quality you have there is suspect. Serial number font is a bit different. Where did you buy it from?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 6:48am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Mine was original & the blade face certainly had writing on it. Yes, that quality you have there is suspect. Serial number font is a bit different. Where did you buy it from?

I ordered it from tt11 and they said this is how the new versions of HL5 look like.

Do you have the older version or the newer version? Can you post pictures of the blade so we can compare please?

Thanks

Edited by unstopabl3 - 01/20/2017 at 6:50am
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 6:52am
This is serial fist time i see.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 6:55am
Originally posted by MVCSGN MVCSGN wrote:

This is serial fist time i see.

Do you own this blade? Can you post pics of your blade for comparison?

Thanks
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 6:59am
I have Long Nittaku. Not same it.
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:01am
I like Long blade. But i worry a Long fake. So i buy a blade of DHS & Nittaku, it perfect.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:18am
Unstopabl3, if you write DHS HL5 in google, you will see many many photos of this blade. I can understand your worry, that how I would think like you if I have taken this blade and hadd different type or serial number and this DHS emblem on the one side of the handle, but......as you said that you bought it from tabletennis11, I cannot image they scammed you, or anyone else. As for the font on the head of the blade, I can take it that DHS doesn't type the black font letters of the model.
As the serial number regards, at the side of the blade, maybe DHS has new numeral system for the production serial. ( they used to print the production date with numbers, and now they have changed it into alphabetical system...)
What can I say... 
Wish you from my heart to be genuine!!!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:26am
The new design HL5 does not have print on the face, and the serial number on the handle is exactly like what you showed. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:28am
Did you ask TT11 to seal the blade? If you did, they removed the silver tag on the plastic wrap already.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

The new design HL5 does not have print on the face, and the serial number on the handle is exactly like what you showed. 

Do you own this new version blade? Can you post pictures please?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:44am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Did you ask TT11 to seal the blade? If you did, they removed the silver tag on the plastic wrap already.

Yes I asked them to seal the blade, didn't the silver tag used to come on the handle of the blade? And I didn't know this blade ever came in a plastic wrap, the new ones maybe?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:49am
does how it looks like
http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=LONG5
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:52am
TT11 is an authorized DHS dealer in Europe. You can trust them. 

The finish of DHS baldes certainly is not the best. Not even close to Nittaku or BTY products.

Edited by chroot - 01/20/2017 at 7:54am
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 8:00am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

does how it looks like

Funny how I just saw that a few minutes before your post. Thanks atleast the inconsistencies which I felt are now double checked from prott and it means they are due to the new version of this blade.

So I'm convinced now that this is a genuine blade and will give it a try soon :)

Thanks guys.
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 8:02am
@unstopabl3
This is my blade: Long Carbon
I think you have something for comparison
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b6E_CTR-s4YkVfb2UyNTJPZlE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b6E_CTR-s4bEtFWDJsR203U1U/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b6E_CTR-s4eGF3UEMzNG1IZHM/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b6E_CTR-s4WVkzSGVHU0hYaFE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b6E_CTR-s4ZTBEYlZ4RG1fMHM/view?usp=sharing
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 8:11am
I think this is the new design/packaging in line with the new DHS FangBo blade whereas the print is on the wrapping. Now the serial number is on the side of the handle. Question is how to check this new serial number.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

I think this is the new design/packaging in line with the new DHS FangBo blade whereas the print is on the wrapping. Now the serial number is on the side of the handle. Question is how to check this new serial number.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, how to verify this new serial?
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 8:22am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

does how it looks like
My friend buy 2 rubber (H3BlueNational) from prott. But he to return it because it see not similar.

Edited by MVCSGN - 01/20/2017 at 8:24am
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 10:09pm
that's not the real blade. it's a copy, but doesn't mean it's bad. 
Stanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 11:01pm
If it's from table tennis 11, it's a real blade. I take it you just removed rubbers from both sides, that's why you have some parts that appear darker than other parts. According to the Chinese forums and website, the new design which I also bought does not have any writing on it. The head size has been reduced to 156-158 by 150 and this applies to many dhs blades after July 2017 such as HL3 and the fang bo series. One of the reasons was to reduce the weight of the blade and to stabilize the backhand as well as allowing players to switch quickly between forehand and backhand, especially if you have a heavy setup (bigger head size means more rubber and more rubber means more weight). As for the slight distortions of the dhs logo that you've shown, you may have been unlucky and just gotten a bad batch. It happens with any manufacturer, even Butterfly blades. The QC quality for the HL series is usually high, but unfortunately it's not perfect. My handle did not have that defect (thank god). And there's no holographic (silver tag) sticker stuck on the handle anymore which in my opinion was good because my hands would always get sparklely when my sweat eats through it. The sticker was on the handle when the blade was plastic wrapped. So if that gets thrown away, there goes your sticker. I have ordered an andro treiber z from tt11 and gotten a blade where the handle had a slight crack at the bottom. In the near future, you might want to be more specific about your order and include things like head sizes and no notches, etc just to make sure it doesn't happen again. Sorry pal. Hope it doesn't bother you too much.

Edited by Stanny - 01/20/2017 at 11:07pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 3:44am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

How are you so certain? Can you post some proof to back that claim?

Others have posted tangible proof that these changes are due to the new design and I am fairly certain that TT11 won't cheat me like that, I've always admired their honesty and professionalism.

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Stanny Stanny wrote:

If it's from table tennis 11, it's a real blade. I take it you just removed rubbers from both sides, that's why you have some parts that appear darker than other parts. According to the Chinese forums and website, the new design which I also bought does not have any writing on it. The head size has been reduced to 156-158 by 150 and this applies to many dhs blades after July 2017 such as HL3 and the fang bo series. One of the reasons was to reduce the weight of the blade and to stabilize the backhand as well as allowing players to switch quickly between forehand and backhand, especially if you have a heavy setup (bigger head size means more rubber and more rubber means more weight). As for the slight distortions of the dhs logo that you've shown, you may have been unlucky and just gotten a bad batch. It happens with any manufacturer, even Butterfly blades. The QC quality for the HL series is usually high, but unfortunately it's not perfect. My handle did not have that defect (thank god). And there's no holographic (silver tag) sticker stuck on the handle anymore which in my opinion was good because my hands would always get sparklely when my sweat eats through it. The sticker was on the handle when the blade was plastic wrapped. So if that gets thrown away, there goes your sticker. I have ordered an andro treiber z from tt11 and gotten a blade where the handle had a slight crack at the bottom. In the near future, you might want to be more specific about your order and include things like head sizes and no notches, etc just to make sure it doesn't happen again. Sorry pal. Hope it doesn't bother you too much.

Did you get a blade from the new batch as well? The one we are discussing here? Can you post pictures?
Stanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 3:58am
Yes, I got a blade from the new batch in august 2016. I had tt11 glue on the rubbers so you won't see the blade itself but I have gotten my rubbers changed once both sides from the equipment dealer at my club (cctta) and I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are no words. He even sold the fang bo series and HL5 series there and even said himself that the new design has no words. If you want I can post you pics of my racket when I first got it since I always take pics of my new paddle. But you won't see the blade bare.

Edited by Stanny - 01/21/2017 at 3:59am
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

How are you so certain? Can you post some proof to back that claim?
Others have posted tangible proof that these changes are due to the new design and I am fairly certain that TT11 won't cheat me like that, I've always admired their honesty and professionalism.
Thanks
I'm understand @MLfan, "it's a copy...bad". Yes! it's true.
Stanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 4:31am

No holographic sticker as you can see. Note the head size is smaller too. 156.5 x 150 for me.

For security purposes I scratched out the identification number to prevent it from being used by fake manufacturers.

If you want I can go to my club tomorrow and ask the equipment dealer if I can take pics of the blade (provided that it's in stock).

Edited by Stanny - 01/21/2017 at 4:38am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 5:40am
If you can't trust an authorized dealer to give you a real blade then...  we have nothing but chaos. I don't we're quite there yet. TT11 are absolutely ethical.

DHS quality control has never beem great regarding fit and finish. And there is the whole "national-provincial-commercial" issue they perpetuate (or at least the mythology has grown around them).   It is true that they are victimized a lot by fakes. 
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 7:09am
Here is what I bought from Beijing last week.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OvJBMREql8WmYwZGNRVzJya0U/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OvJBMREql8ekhqcnd6X2lUbk0/view?usp=drivesdk
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 7:23am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Do you have picture serial on blade?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 3:23am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

So you bought this as a genuine blade or copy?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic