FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 WTTC Germany May 29-Jun 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Egghead View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I have a strong feeling that ML will nullify FZD again in the WTTC if they meet in the finals. 

I'm going the opposite way.  This is the start of a sequence of FZD wins over ML.
I think ML will still win but it will not be 4-0, may be 4-2 / 4-3.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I have a strong feeling that ML will nullify FZD again in the WTTC if they meet in the finals. 

I'm going the opposite way.  This is the start of a sequence of FZD wins over ML.

How about 4-1?
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:27pm
Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off. The Koreans know how to beat him.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 04/17/2017 at 4:28pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off. The Koreans know how to beat him.

THAT is funny.  Ma Long has lost one match to a non-Chinese player in five years.  He is the defending world and Olympic champion.  He has been almost unbeatable for the last few years.  He played one poor match at a big tournament last week.  And now the Koreans (or maybe the Japanese) "know how to beat him"???  That is a pretty bizarre inference to make from the available data.  I would bet a great deal that it will be quite awhile before he loses to another non-Chinese player again, especially at an event like the WTTC

it might be better for the sport if he did lose to a non-Chinese.  It just amazes me the things people conclude from a single match that might be a freak occurrence.

Can he beat FZD still?  Sure, why not?  But it is probably pretty close to a coin toss at this point.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

How about 4-1?

4-2 to FZD.  I'm off to Bet365 right now.

edit - I said that sarcastically (not a gambling man - I'd rather save my cash for a rubber), but Bet365 really do have markets for TT.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by AndySmith - 04/17/2017 at 5:35pm
PingPongPom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

[QUOTE=ChichoFicho] Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off. The Koreans know how to beat him.

The Koreans know how to beat him? haha any ideas they might have know have been thwarted by beating him early. The Chinese National team have coaches and statisticians to analyze any threats to the team. No Korean player will beat Ma Long at the World Champs, I can almost guarantee that. 
http://mhtabletennis.com
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

THAT is funny.  Ma Long has lost one match to a non-Chinese player in five years.  He is the defending world and Olympic champion.  He has been almost unbeatable for the last few years.  He played one poor match at a big tournament last week.  And now the Koreans (or maybe the Japanese) "know how to beat him"???  That is a pretty bizarre inference to make from the available data.  I would bet a great deal that it will be quite awhile before he loses to another non-Chinese player again, especially at an event like the WTTC

it might be better for the sport if he did lose to a non-Chinese.  It just amazes me the things people conclude from a single match that might be a freak occurrence.

Can he beat FZD still?  Sure, why not?  But it is probably pretty close to a coin toss at this point.

... and the still younger generation who might perhaps beat ML... are also Chinese.
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with RITC 802 (red, 2.0 mm) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red 2.0 mm) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic