FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 WTTC Germany May 29-Jun 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I have a strong feeling that ML will nullify FZD again in the WTTC if they meet in the finals. 

I'm going the opposite way.  This is the start of a sequence of FZD wins over ML.
I think ML will still win but it will not be 4-0, may be 4-2 / 4-3.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I have a strong feeling that ML will nullify FZD again in the WTTC if they meet in the finals. 

I'm going the opposite way.  This is the start of a sequence of FZD wins over ML.

How about 4-1?
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:27pm
Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off. The Koreans know how to beat him.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 04/17/2017 at 4:28pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off. The Koreans know how to beat him.

THAT is funny.  Ma Long has lost one match to a non-Chinese player in five years.  He is the defending world and Olympic champion.  He has been almost unbeatable for the last few years.  He played one poor match at a big tournament last week.  And now the Koreans (or maybe the Japanese) "know how to beat him"???  That is a pretty bizarre inference to make from the available data.  I would bet a great deal that it will be quite awhile before he loses to another non-Chinese player again, especially at an event like the WTTC

it might be better for the sport if he did lose to a non-Chinese.  It just amazes me the things people conclude from a single match that might be a freak occurrence.

Can he beat FZD still?  Sure, why not?  But it is probably pretty close to a coin toss at this point.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

How about 4-1?

4-2 to FZD.  I'm off to Bet365 right now.

edit - I said that sarcastically (not a gambling man - I'd rather save my cash for a rubber), but Bet365 really do have markets for TT.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by AndySmith - 04/17/2017 at 5:35pm
PingPongPom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

[QUOTE=ChichoFicho] Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off. The Koreans know how to beat him.

The Koreans know how to beat him? haha any ideas they might have know have been thwarted by beating him early. The Chinese National team have coaches and statisticians to analyze any threats to the team. No Korean player will beat Ma Long at the World Champs, I can almost guarantee that. 
http://mhtabletennis.com
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 9:53pm

Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

THAT is funny.  Ma Long has lost one match to a non-Chinese player in five years.  He is the defending world and Olympic champion.  He has been almost unbeatable for the last few years.  He played one poor match at a big tournament last week.  And now the Koreans (or maybe the Japanese) "know how to beat him"???  That is a pretty bizarre inference to make from the available data.  I would bet a great deal that it will be quite awhile before he loses to another non-Chinese player again, especially at an event like the WTTC

it might be better for the sport if he did lose to a non-Chinese.  It just amazes me the things people conclude from a single match that might be a freak occurrence.

Can he beat FZD still?  Sure, why not?  But it is probably pretty close to a coin toss at this point.

... and the still younger generation who might perhaps beat ML... are also Chinese.
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 8:09am
There is another post about the WTTC. But I think it is better to activate this post again. Three weeks to go.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by PingPongPom PingPongPom wrote:

[QUOTE=ChichoFicho]
Ma Long won't even get to the final. Some Korean or Japanese will kick him off.
The Koreans know how to beat him.

The Koreans know how to beat him? haha any ideas they might have know have been thwarted by beating him early. The Chinese National team have coaches and statisticians to analyze any threats to the team. No Korean player will beat Ma Long at the World Champs, I can almost guarantee that. 

korean japanese taipei player can beat a cnt in a protour while they re slackin but there s no way that can happen in wttc. ask chen chien an about zjk
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 2:59pm
An error in somebody's cutting and pasting made it look like I said something that I didn't say.  If people think I am an idiot, I want it to be because of stuff I actually wrote.  So to be clear, my response to Chicho Fricho (who thinks that Japanese and Koreans have now figured out Ma Long), was  this:
----------------

emihet View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 8:40pm
i just hope the Chinese players will be left alone to freely play...
Stiga Clipper Wood,Butterfly Power Drive, Viscaria,
CUSTOM: BBC, PALATINUS, ROSS, BORKO
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 8:45am
Entry lists are out.  What I find odd for the US is that Adar Alguetti isn't going.  Maybe he just wanted to qualify and was not interested in incurring the travel expenses?

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 10:06am

An error in somebody's cutting and pasting made it look like I said something that I didn't say.  If people think I am an idiot, I want it to be because of stuff I actually wrote.  So to be clear, my response to Chicho Fricho (who thinks that Japanese and Koreans have now figured out Ma Long), was  this:
----------------

To add to this point, Ma Long just beat FZD 4:0 in their closed training match. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 10:08am
And XX beat ZJK, 4:1 (?)
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 5:39pm

ya, 
cnt called back 吴敬平  (can not find his english name) to coach XX now. Also, LGL put a lot of time into correcting XX's tactics . CNT's cpens won't go down without swing the bat.

Edited by Egghead - 05/08/2017 at 5:48pm
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 6:03pm

ya, 
cnt called back 吴敬平  (can not find his english name) to coach XX now. Also, LGL put a lot of time into correcting XX's tactics . CNT's cpens won't go down without swing the bat.

His name is Wu Jingping
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Entry lists are out.  What I find odd for the US is that Adar Alguetti isn't going.  Maybe he just wanted to qualify and was not interested in incurring the travel expenses?

Maybe. Our club had a benefit so we could raise money to send Viktor Subonj in 2007. I wonder how many USATT officials have their way paid?
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 12:06am
All all of our players are fully funded at World Championships, including a three-day camp with the Dutch National Team.

As the Secretary General of USATT, my trip is also funded as i have ITTF related responsibilities - with the note that my housing is covered by the host country (as a member of the ITTF Board of Directors).
JOOLA Aruna OFF / T-05 / RHZYM TECH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 12:18am
Then you have made things better Gordy. Hats off to you.
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 12:19am
Feel free to donate to help the cause :)
JOOLA Aruna OFF / T-05 / RHZYM TECH
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

He said that it made no sense for him personally - apparently, there is no team event & he expected to crash out of the tournament at the beginning if he participated.

If I was him and spent a large part of my life in trying to get to the top to represent the country in my sport, I'd go if given a chance just to bask for a bit in reaching there.

Quite practical of him - not sure everyone can emulate. Shall serve him well in his future career (which, unfortunately & predictably, shall not be in TT).

On another note, it shall be interesting to see what the brothers do next - Sharon, in particular, has a great record against NJ club-level Chinese coaches of late. Adar beat Kaden recently, I think. They need to up their level in coach selection and I'm not sure that's available for them in northeastern US.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 12:19am
New pecking order for the Japanese women's team by Mizuno.

2017 WTTC

2016 WTTC

Edited by zeio - 05/12/2017 at 12:24am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 1:02am
unlike cnt has closed training, jnt is busy promoting their brand LOL
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 1:29pm
CNT will have practice matches on MAy 13 and 14, and I think it will be televised.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2017 at 4:26pm

CNT will have practice matches on MAy 13 and 14, and I think it will be televised.
Don't think CCTVB 5 will televise the matches.

You may be able to watch them in this website. Matches start @ 11:00 pm pst tonight
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 4:55pm
haha, JNT is so snobbish, moved Ito to second row and had Miu std next to Ishikawa Kasumi LOLLOLLOLLOL

kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 6:40pm
The news is that there will be eight tables live on TV (network) in China. Hopefully 8 table live at ITTF too.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:20pm
Where do you think is the origin of the live feeds?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:23pm
4 Provisional
Schedule
The venues will be open for practice
- from 26 May at 10:00h (practice hall with 32 tables)
- from 27 May at 10.00h (main competition hall with 4 tables
and second competition hall with 28 tables)
27 May 2017 Draws (1st part)
28 May 2017 Opening Ceremony, Draws (2nd part)
29 May 2017 Qualifications
30 May 2017 Qualifications + Competition proper (doubles)
31 May 2017 Competition proper (all events)
1 June 2017 Competition proper (all events)
2 June 2017 Competition proper (all events)
3 June 2017 Competition proper
Mixed Doubles final
4 June 2017 Competition proper
Men’s Doubles, Women’s Singles finals
5 June 2017 Competition proper
Men’s Singles, Women’s Doubles finals
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
VladCeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 12:14pm
Sadly Mima Ito ....CryUnhappy
It is a pity that Hina Hayata does not play WSDisapprove
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic