FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Carbonado 290, 245 & Celero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

It is stiffer than the blades mentioned. It is also wayyy faster.

and compared to rosewood7 in terms of feel solidness and speed?
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 7:18pm
Rosewood feels stiffer and but the 290 n 245 are still faster.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 1:06pm
I have Celero as well, and about the construction I think it's limba-limba-ayous. The second ply doesn't seem like spruce ply to me at all.
It's just my opinion.

Edited by stancuzi - 04/18/2017 at 6:20pm
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 5:34pm

Rosewood feels stiffer and but the 290 n 245 are still faster.

Yogi which one 245 or 290 would you say has a better ball feel in sense of dwell time? In other words which one is closer to TB ALC and which one is closer to Viscaria in the feel/dwell/vibrations category.

Also possible for you to mention the constructions of the blades in your review?

Thanks a lot.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 6:35pm
The 190 and 145 are closer to alc and viscaria not these two . They are limba outer, texteeme carbon and ayous inner.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 3:51pm

The 190 and 145 are closer to alc and viscaria not these two . They are limba outer, texteeme carbon and ayous inner.

Yogi how are 245 and 290 different from TB ALC and Viscaria? Are they just faster or are they better?

Also which blade would pair better with MX-P for a fast attack and mid distance game play but with control and lower arc? I'm guessing the 290 right?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 6:04pm
I said they are way different in everything.

Mxp would be good for both but better with 290

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 7:56am

Have you had a chance to play with HL5 to compare with the 290 please?

I'm looking for a blade which is fast enough from mid distance but is also great close to the table and is not super bouncy. Has a good dwell, has good speed and spin but is also has great control for short game. I mostly attack from my FH and do passive blocks and pushes on my BH, I also like to open with a push or flick from my BH.

So do you think 290 will suite me Mr yogi?

Edited by unstopabl3 - 02/11/2017 at 7:57am
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 8:35am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

I'm looking for a blade which is fast enough from mid distance but is also great close to the table and is not super bouncy. Has a good dwell, has good speed and spin but is also has great control for short game. I mostly attack from my FH and do passive blocks and pushes on my BH, I also like to open with a push or flick from my BH.

Then look no further than the Jun Mizutani ZLC.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 8:40am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Then look no further than the Jun Mizutani ZLC.

I know that you own a HL5, do you also own a MJ ZLC? Is it more bouncier or less than HL5 and which one is more speedy/powerful?
Mancity123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mancity123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2017 at 5:51pm
Hi Yogi,

I really find your reviews to be 1st rate and very informative. Keep up the good work!
I am using Stiga Genesis M on the Fh and Mxp on the BH of an Carbonado 45. How much quicker will this set up be if I use a 290? What do you think of using Genesis on the 290? How would Mxp work on the 290 compared to Mantra H?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinion?

TW
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2017 at 12:09am
oh, the 290 is faster by a mile. the carbonado 45 is like a slow soft carbon blade and i would rate it as off-. the 290 is off++. if you would genesis on teh 290 it would be fine since the blade is very fast anyways . if you would use mxp i think you would need to adjust on the control because it would be so fast. the thing with the mantra h is that even if it is as fast as the mxp, it has better control. the mxp spins better and is more durable.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2017 at 12:52am
i have rechecked the 2nd layer, i was doubtful it was spruce but upon closer inspection it looks like basswood that is colored but not sure

berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 3:40pm
Anymore updates on the 290? Have other people tried it?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 9:33pm
several 2k+ level players have tried it and they seem very impressed with it. they all claim it is way different from the previous carbonados and they really like it when they have played with it. only issue is the weight.

vlad888 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlad888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 9:54am
Hello
Have you had a chance to play with JM szlc (fh-bh 05T) to compare with the 290 please?
Thanks
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 10:16am
290 feels harder and heavier. Also has a lower throw.

vlad888 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlad888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 10:55am

I'm looking for a blade which is fast enough,   but have more control from JM slzc.
I like Stiga, but JM slzc or 290...
Thanks
learnTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote learnTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 1:54pm
one of my friend purchased 290, played for few weeks, he gave me a tried, it's GREAT blade.
BUT, he realized that, a piece of wood on 1 side of handle is going to come off soon ...
I been thinking of purchase 190, but with that issue my friend had, pause me for now.

Edited by learnTT - 04/25/2017 at 1:59pm
apodra74 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apodra74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 3:11pm
I have a question about the 290 about vibration how much is it High, Medium, Low? I have the Carbonado 145 which I found has a lot of Vibration, Butterfly Schlager Carbon probably the lowest I have tried so far and I also have Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed little vibration. I don't like the vibration and I am trying to avoid blades that are on the high medium side. My main blade is Schlager Carbon at the moment.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 8:16pm
290 has very little vibration

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 9:28pm

I own a Celero and find it a bit slower than Offensive CR. Between All+ and Off- as was stated before. Medium sweet spot and a bit softer feel than Off CR. Great looping blade but lacks a bit of direct feel. Would be a great blade for allround style or loopers close/mid. Very nice build quality.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 5:08pm

Edited by jomtack - 07/12/2017 at 1:17pm
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 1:19pm
290 is really much better than 245? Now I use 245 so do I need change to 290?
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 1:21pm

290 has very little vibration

290 is really much better than 245? I just brought 245 so do I should buy 290?

Edited by jomtack - 07/12/2017 at 1:22pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 2:18pm

290 feels harder and heavier. Also has a lower throw.

hard like ebenholz 7?

Edited by bbkon - 07/12/2017 at 3:34pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 4:33pm
after reading reviews about all carbonado versions still don't understand what difference except speed. so 45 and 90 is slowest between Carbonados and 245 and 290 is fastest. but what other difference except speed? I mean not construction difference but difference in game?
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

after reading reviews about all carbonado versions still don't understand what difference except speed. so 45 and 90 is slowest between Carbonados and 245 and 290 is fastest. but what other difference except speed? I mean not construction difference but difference in game?

My guess would be the slower ones also offer better touch/feeling and have more dwell. It would be cool for someone who has tried the different levels to share their thoughts on what the differences are and which they prefer. :)

I have only tried 145
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 9:11am
how is Celero handle? not hollow like Infinity?
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 11:18am
just doew not feel as hollow
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic