Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Mantra S,M,H Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 3:59am
Not tried both rubbers but if they were made by daiki then they might have the same top sheet
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 5:13am
Yogi, are you ignoring me? Did I do anything wrong?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 7:25am
I have already answered your question and if you read between the lines. It is not near to the acuda's feel that is why I am comparing it mxp
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 12:57pm
Got it! Thanks alot 😀
dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 1:31pm
@yogi
how about stiga mantra vs itc powercell series ?

Thanks
Tiago8 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiago8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 3:43pm
@yogi_bear, can you compare it with the ryzhm p?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 6:10pm
Mantra h vs powercell mp almost the same with the mantra h having a more spinny topsheet.

Mantra h vs rhyzm p, almost the same spin but the mantra h is more vicious to attack with, has a sharper arc and is faster.

Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Sounds like it shares some characteristics with Nexy Karis, which is made in the same factory I think.  Maybe a Karis on steroids. 

Baal, in the Karis thread you said that you had bought the Mantra M.
Did you have a chance to try it? May be a comparison with Evolution MX-P?
Thanks.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 9:34pm
Just arrived today (Mantra M).  Just glued them down on a Viscaria.  Very nice packaging.  (Note to self.  Don't use Stiga attach glue again).  Top sheet is brighter color than Karis, both red and black.  Topsheet seems really grippy, will know more when I play, but like Yogi says, this topsheet looks really nice, I will be pretty surprised if this stuff is not super spinny.  Sponge seems a little softer than Karis M.  Inner pips seem relatively small in height but definitely longer than Karis, probably double the height (the pips on Karis are barely there at all).  They are not very wide.  Topsheet overall is considerably thicker than Karis, but still thin compared to many other rubbers.  Not even the slightest hint of a booster smell.  Not much curling when the rubber just lays there (less than I noticed with Karis).  Can't say more until I play with it except that just bouncing ball on a blade suggests it will be a bit faster than Karis.  Need to hit with it to be sure obviously.

I am comparing to Karis because they come from tbe same factory and I am using Karis M at the moment.  After I play with it some I will try to compare it to T05 and MX-P.
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 11:21pm
I'll be reading.

Edited by Makelele - 02/21/2017 at 11:22pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 11:38pm
I wrote about Mantra M in the Karis thread.  You will see why if you read it there. 

They are surprisingly similar overall, about the same speed (I was expecting Mantra M would be faster but it is not), but Karis is more linear. 

Mantra M is a good rubber.  I very much wanted to like it.  I am sticking with Karis M, though, even though the top surface of Mantra is very nice.  (Rich and creamy, like a milkshake).

People coming from MX-P or Tenergy will want something faster than Mantra M, so maybe they should follow Yogi and get Mantra H. 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 7:04am
Baal, i think the Mantra M is better for harder blades.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:16am
Yes. Makes sense to me.  Viscaria is soft.  (However it is not slow). 

Speed wise, Mantra M was a bit slower than ELS.
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

(Note to self.  Don't use Stiga attach glue again)

Can you elaborate?

I have a suspicion that it's the same as the Nittaku Finezip, which is excellent.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 9:14am
Dries too quickly.  Took me by surprise.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2017 at 3:09am
Can anyone one give a comparison(speed wise) between Mantra H and T 64. Which one is harder?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2017 at 3:40am
I've quickly tried Mantra H on a friend's blade. It's harder and faster than T64.
Mantra H will be even harder. Speed wise, I think Mantra might be faster (unboosted)
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2017 at 5:08am
Thanks mate. On my current setup I feel I need something harder than my usual T64, but not slower by any means. So I thought about Mantra H as a possible contender
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:07am
tried Mantra H FH on an Andro Wanok. Ren Off with  ELS on BH.  Not a lot faster than the ELS, good spin, great control.  In combination with the top sheet , it didn't feel that hard.    In summary a very good rubber.  Possibly the best FH rubber for me.  
 In comparison to T64 (which I found to be suitable only on my BH) - from what I remember - a lot less bouncy.  
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 5:13pm
Mantra H is a lot less bouncy than t64. It might have a similar top end speed but overall it is slower than t64.
<3
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 7:34pm
Well, I bought Mantra H today and of course tried it immediately. It is one pleasent surprise.I put it on one of my balsa carbon and the combination doesn't feel hard at a!l. Super grippy top sheet, rather high throw and the excellent control makes it one of the best rubbers I've tried recently. I wouldn't call it a speed monster, but it is still in the OFF range. Not very different than my T64, although I haven't done very thorough comparison between both rubbers. I'll go in details on Monday when I'll have some more serious opponents
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 7:49pm
does it play like mxp?? speed and spin?? any comparison?
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

tried Mantra H FH on an Andro Wanok. Ren Off with  ELS on BH.  Not a lot faster than the ELS, good spin, great control.  In combination with the top sheet , it didn't feel that hard.    In summary a very good rubber.  Possibly the best FH rubber for me.  
 In comparison to T64 (which I found to be suitable only on my BH) - from what I remember - a lot less bouncy.  

I know it's off topic, but only a question just out of curiosity - why you found T64 suitable only for your backhand?

Edited by Makelele - 03/02/2017 at 9:17pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 11:27pm
My BH lacked speed. I found T64 could compensate till my stroke got stronger. My FH did not need that kind of help. I felt it would hinder full development of my FH.
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 5:29pm
Ok.Thanks.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 7:59am
Just saw a clip on YouTube showing Fan ZhenDong testing the Mantra rubber.

[URL= https://youtu.be/cZXb9adVxcs][/URL]

Edited by Believer - 03/26/2017 at 8:00am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 2:37pm
Interesting what does it says?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 4:13pm
Check the comments section below and someone did some translation there
kaesar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaesar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 11:10am
Hello, how is durability ?, Does anyone still play with the mantra?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 9:37pm
the 3 versions are still good until now maybe less spin after 3 months

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic