Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Mantra S,M,H Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 9:15am
Hello friends, is upper layer of mantra rubbers thin like rasanters and select and prime? Thank you very much.Beer
Sponsored Links

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2017 at 3:59pm
No one? Please help wiht some information. tks
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Watch out for the mantra h. It is the rubber to watch. Topsheet is very grippy and spinny..

Thanks much for a really great review.

One quick question. How is the M or H when opening up against heavy underspin serve? Thanks again.
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 4:35pm
Playing with Mantra M couple of months now. The M is already pretty firm, at least more firm compared to other medium rubbers. Mantra H must feel rock hard I imagine.

I use Mantra M on Infinity vps, which is a flexible blade. This combo is very good for lifting underspin. If you pair Mantra M or H with a hard blade, not sure if it's a gpod combo for lifting underspin.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Playing with Mantra M couple of months now. The M is already pretty firm, at least more firm compared to other medium rubbers. Mantra H must feel rock hard I imagine.

I use Mantra M on Infinity vps, which is a flexible blade. This combo is very good for lifting underspin. If you pair Mantra M or H with a hard blade, not sure if it's a gpod combo for lifting underspin.

Thanks much. This was the info I was looking for. Helps a lot.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2017 at 6:33pm

One more quick question if I'm not imposing. Can you share with me whether you are using 1.9 or 2.1. I'm thinking of pairing it with Arctic Wood.
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2017 at 2:32am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

One more quick question if I'm not imposing. Can you share with me whether you are using 1.9 or 2.1. I'm thinking of pairing it with Arctic Wood.

I'm using 2.1. for both FH and BH.

Haven't played with Arctic yet, but what I've read it would be pretty similar to Infinity, but a bit faster and stiffer. Maybe Yogi could comment on Arctic in combination with Mantra M.

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2017 at 8:24am

Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I'm using 2.1. for both FH and BH.

Haven't played with Arctic yet, but what I've read it would be pretty similar to Infinity, but a bit faster and stiffer. Maybe Yogi could comment on Arctic in combination with Mantra M.

Thanks again!
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2017 at 4:42pm
I've been a long time Stiga "sound" or soft rubber fan, I believe even back in the speed glue days, Neos sound, Almana sound, Carbo sound, loved them all, then when the speed glue ban came I still tried to keep the soft rubber feeling playing with Tenergy 05 FX and Andro Rasant Powersponge, Stiga Calibra Tour sound, Stiga Airoc Astro sound, lately I've been playing with Tibhar FX-S and I have to say all of them were pretty okay, FX-S was particularly nice. I was using all of these on a Primorac Carbon btw. Initially I've skipped the Mantra for Tibhar FX-S because I'm used to soft rubbers, but one thing all of these soft rubbers have in common which I despise is that on slow balls they catapult the ball way too much. Once there's some speed on the ball this effect is not dusturbing but during short play it was always an issue for me. The other problem is once I got a no spin pushed ball to my backhand unless I gave the spin to the ball or gave it the speed it would just fall in the net.
For counter topspining these rubbers give excellent feeling and control for me on both sides so I've kept using them until now. I'm just telling this so you can kind guess my preference and playing style. Btw I'm a mid distance attacker who likes to do 3rd shot loopkills on both sides if possible.

This monday I've put on two Mantra H versions 2,1mm on both sides on a Schlager Carbon light because I figured these hard versions will be much more faster and the Schlager Carbon light is a bit slower than the Primorac but have the same attributes pretty much. The Mantra H is certainly harder than MX-P maybe a bit faster too (less catapult on slow balls). One of my teammates plays with Mantra M and I would say the M version has a bit of a catapult effect on slow balls but the hardness difference is not much honestly, on my hard blade the H version almost feels softer. The H versions are very well driven I have no issuse on my backhand on no spin weak balls, 3 shot attacks can be very well executed. I my topspins are right on  top of the net. Receiving service is very easy, much-much easier than with the mentioned soft rubbers. Underspin balls are also less of an issue than with soft rubbers which kinda blew my mind.
Blocking is very stable, generally close to the table play is excellent and they are not too fast, I'm considering glueing them on my Primorac carbon because I could accept a bit more speed.
Only place I've struggled with them is during counter topspinning far from the table, I'll have to adjust my style or I don't know yet, but I gained much more on close play and I can still work from behind it just takes more concentration and effort.
One more thing when in beginning of October I played against someone a match who used Mantra M I felt that after the ball tounched my side of the table it got a kick effect or some kind of weirdness to it, but I didnt gave it much thought then. Then one of my teammate have bought M version and I felt the same thing in training. I've hit a lot of edge balls and I could see that something is not right. Now that I've put the H on my blade my teammate can see the same effect and it is causing him issues during counter topspins. After the ball contacts the table it almost feels like it comes off a fast long pip with flow effect or I don't know how to say it but there's definietely some weirdness to the trajectory. I've never experienced it before with other attacking rubbers. (and Tenergy has a nice kick effect but this is different and actually much harder to adjust to)

Sorry for the wall-of-text I just want to create some momentum for the rubber if I can because I don't think it's very popular, maybe due to price or lack of reviews or both but as a soft rubber + hard wood lover I could adjust pretty quickly and so far I like the H version a lot. The soft version I have not tried yet. I tried the M version on a Boll Spirit and I'd say that it's not a good combo, didn't like it, and the M version on a Stiga allround blade and didn't like it either. Maybe the M version is also better on a hard wood but since it's not significantly softer I wouldn't bother.

Thanks to yogi_bear for the review, it actually gave me the courage to go for the H version and not chicken our with M or S.

PS: unboosted
Forerunnerg34 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forerunnerg34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2018 at 11:55pm
Would you please provide your thoughts if any about Mantra vs MX-S ?

Thanks.

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 2:21am
Hi yogi..

how about direct comparison Stiga Mantra H with Joola Rhyzm (48 degree). intern of spin and speed and easiness to loop the back spin. Currently I'm using Joola Rhyzm..

Thank you. 
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2018 at 2:23pm
I finally received my Killerspin Diamond CQ blade and put a couple of Mantra M 1.9 rubbers on it. For me, the best combination of blade and rubber that I've tried. Immediately I was very comfortable unlike the feeling I get with ESN or Tenderly rubbers. Very linear and predictable. Nice spin, nice speed, great control and overall very enjoyable play. No pyrotechnics, huge catapult, big smell and done, just a great functioning rubber for modern play at a fairly reasonable price (TT11 has a 3=4 sale on it). This is a Japanese rubber so I expect it to wear and last like my Calibra LT, which means lots of life. I was going to try out Rozena, and I still might (I prefer predictable linearity) though I am very satisfied now so I might just wait and see what I'll put on my other Diamond CQ.

I want to emphasize that the blade/rubber combination is really important. I didn't like it in the Donic True Carbon. The Diamond CQ is an OFF- but I don't know the exact composition and Lupi couldn't tell me. All I know is that in general it blends well with the rubbers I put on it. And it has a 102mm handle which I love and really need.

To sum up, the Mantra M will work in tandem with your technique and give you all you need for a modern game without overdoing it. Clearly the Stiga rubbers for my game just fine.

P.S. Some Russian players I play with also have it a thumbs up. They are primarily Hurricane 3 players.

Edited by richrf - 04/30/2018 at 2:28pm
shrisan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2020 at 1:14pm
Has anyone played long with Mantra M and Mantra H. I have been playing with Mantra M (FH, BH) on Xiom Allround S since two months , really liking the combination for allround play with decent power . I was wondering if Mantra H would give me some more power without compromising the benefits of Mantra M in terms of control and spin.
Never Stop Learning
---------------------
Blades: Xiom Allround S, Xiom Offensive S
Rubbers: Stiga Mantra M, Donic Coppa Gold
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2020 at 5:41pm
Shrisan, I think the short answer is yes it will.
shrisan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2020 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Shrisan, I think the short answer is yes it will.

Thanks so apart from speed i can assume all other characteristics almost same between Mantra M and Mantra H ?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2020 at 9:17am
yes 
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2020 at 8:14pm
No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw
I think H is slower and less bouncy
shrisan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2020 at 4:59am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw

I was thinking S is slower than M and H is faster than M
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by shrisan shrisan wrote:

No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw

That's how M and H feel on my blade.  I never tried S.  Yogi Bear wrote a review when they first came out.  You can probably search for it or contact him.
shrisan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by shrisan shrisan wrote:

No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw

That's how M and H feel on my blade.  I never tried S.  Yogi Bear wrote a review when they first came out.  You can probably search for it or contact him.

Thanks , which blade have you used them on. And yes i have read Yogi bear reviews and will check more with him
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2020 at 8:19pm
Viscaria
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2022 at 9:19am
i bought a sheet of mantra m 2.1 for my backhand, have been experimenting a lot with the backhand side. my base was xiom omega 7 euro and then i tried hurricane 3-50 and now mantra m. my backhand has always struggled generating a good driving pace on the ball but i could always spin relatively easy. third ball open up is spinny but then for the fifth ball i am bad at driving.

overall my first impressions of mantra m compared to o7euro and even h3-50 were underwhelming, the spin is noticably weaker when hitting with my return board in the basement but there is more speed so maybe it will work out for the best in match play and teach me to have a more open racket angle for the bh drive instead of being closed and spinning everything up

mantra m with return board

h3-50, then mantra m with return board

o7euro and mantra m with return board
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic