Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Series Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Series Blades
    Posted: 01/28/2017 at 8:26am
Paul Drinkhall All Round

Paul Drinkhall Offensive Classic

Paul Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon

Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Series

All Around Blade – 80 grams, 5.82mm, Medium Stiffness, ALL+ Speed

Offensive Classic Blade – 87 grams, 5.89mm, Medium Stiffness, Off- Speed

Power Spin Blade – 88 grams 5.89mm, Stiff, OFF+ Speed

These 3 blades are another series of the blades released by Tibhar for Paul Drinkhall, a UK top player. These 3 blades are mid-ranged blades. They do not cost that much compared to the CCA series but they are still good.

The All Around is the lightest one at 80 grams. I slapped the FX-S and a Chinese rubber (Sanwei National Target red). It did not felt head heavy at all. The offensive classic blade weighs 88 grams. It is a 5 ply all wood also. I am not sure if the top ply is limba since the top plies are colored black. The Powerspin Carbon weighs 87 grams. The top plies looked like koto to me.

For Speed, All Around is slow probably at all+ at the most much like the Pure wood which was released by Tibhar about 2 years ago.If I compare it to blades of other brands, I would rate it as having the same speed with Stiga All Around Evolution the most. The Offensive Classic is bouncy and I was surprised by it but the speed is not more than off-. If compared to other blades, it has the same speed with the OC CR version from Stiga although there is this characteristic of being bouncy. The Powerspin doesn’t feel too fast. It would probably be equal to a Timo Boll ALC speed but never more than it. It is bouncy and feels stiff but it did not feel too fast. It is an off+ blade but not in the level of a Primorac carbon.

For looping and spinning, the All Around has the highest arc observed when looping, the OC has medium to high and the Powerspin has medium arc. All of the 3 blades used FX-S, EL-S and several Chinese rubbers.

My overall impressions of the PD blade series? The All Around classic is a beginner’s blade where you can develop your strokes with it and not to worry about missing the table when doing with your shots. All around style players either advanced or intermediate levels. It is a great looping blade either with Chinese rubbers like Hurricane 3 or a Tibhar EL-S rubber for that matter. If you are a pips-out blocker this could also work well for you since using pips with this blade (RITC 837) really blocked well and occasionally I was able to chop with it. The Powerspin carbon blade needs faster rubbers to get the most out of its performance. It was easy to control so I did not have any problems using the EL-S, FX-S and the 1Q Sound rubbers but to maximize it, I would suggest using the MX-P because with slower rubbers it would seem you are not getting the most out of it. My favorite is the Offensive Classic blade, with the FX-S it was unusually good to use. It felt weird why the combination was good since the OC has flex being a thin blade and did not really feel that stiff. The OC felt bouncy and lively to drive with. I had to compensate for the FX-S low throw but it was good still. The EL-S was even better with the OC blade because when you tend to brush a lot or you are used to using a Chinese rubber, the OC blade did not feel slow although I would rate it as off- only.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2017 at 6:04am
yogi what is the thickness of drinkhall carbon?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 8:34am
updated with review

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Chicobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 8:11pm
Were you able to confirm from the playing feel whether the top ply were limba (or limba-like) for OC and koto-like for Power spin?
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 11:40pm
Powerspin is koto but for the oc not yet but highest probability is it colored limba.

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 12:06am
How Powerspin carbon compared to DTC and Viscaria? Does it have soft feeling like viscaria when hit?
As per review i red before some mentioned the balance is more towards handle and the even wanted more head heaviness? what is your opinion about it?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 5:50am
Dtc?

I could not consider powerspin as really head heavy. The weight goes to the head but it wasn't enough to be called as head heavy.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 5:54am
The powerspin's speed with the viscaria is almost equal but i am leaning more towards viscariA. Plus, the viscaria has this crisp feeling on ball contact.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 12:35am
Hey yogi how is the handle of power spin carbon FL compared to the stratus samsonov carbon? Also have you had the chance to try the ST version of PSC?
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 1:58am
I only used flared. Not sure but the paul drinkhal blade sem to have       thicker handle and the spw seem to have a wider flared shape.

shrisan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2020 at 2:37am
Hi Yogi,

Have started using Drinkhall OC blade recently .. have Stiga Mantra H - FH and Mantra M - BH. Very nice feeling though played just few times till now, its hard but not stiff. Has similarities to Xiom Allround S but feel something different in the Top layer. Were you able to check which wood they are using.
          Mantra H is playing better on this compared to Xiom Allround S 

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2021 at 2:19pm
Soon i will receive my Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon, which is supposed to be similar to Viscaria. I have received Tibhar VS Unlimited too (similar to Freitas ALC) and I would like to compare these 2 blades. Actually I am using Viscaria ST (new model) with boosted MXP and normal ELP rubbers. I will try boosted MXP50 too.

Edited by Antuan - 07/06/2021 at 2:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic