Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 Europe Top 16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Europe Top 16
    Posted: 02/03/2017 at 11:13am
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 3:32pm
Wow... Vladi lost all three matches. He must be not in a very competitive mood now. Didn't expect three defeats from him though.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 4:15pm
Dima looks under the weather.

And how many balls have they broken so far?

Dima tried to argue the point(ball hitting his racket edge and broke) shouldn't count...and he succeeded!

Dima is one point away from elimination?

Yet he rose like a phoenix!

Edited by zeio - 02/03/2017 at 4:24pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 5:34am
I can't stand a quiet Bernadette.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 9:03am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 12:08pm
right now:

ovtcharov - fegerl on table 1
shibaev - apolonia on table 2

Edited by fatt - 02/04/2017 at 12:09pm
stuff fs ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback / vega pro st - m2 - baracuda
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 2:27pm
I do not post this to cry about how shitty the plastic balls is but based on the matches I have seen so far from it I feel it is very rare for the players to be able to do decent rallies. Most of the rallies are boring and come to an end because of the ball because it just drops off their racket or because they manage to hit past the other on the fifth shot. It is not eye pleasing.

Boll lost to a Gauzy who played very well, congratulations to the French player.
Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon FL
Tibhar Evolution ELS
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 6:58pm
Is there a link to watch pre-recorded matches?
skip3119
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 6:03am
Plastic balls are disgusting it destroyed the sport. Its like playing tennis now. the one who  crushes the ball harder wins.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 7:09am
Go Gauzy.

Go...home, Gauzy.

Tempers flare.

Edited by zeio - 02/05/2017 at 7:12am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
GSP-glamour View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSP-glamour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:05am
he is at home really ! and won the bronze !
You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:55am
WHAT HAPPENED AT END OF GAUZY MATCH? Why was Shibaev so pissed? He didn't shake hands but he won, so it didn't seem like his usual bitterness. Was this because Simon claimed the point at 9:9? I could almost hear what they were talking but not enough. The 9:9 point was not even close to a dispute, at first I thought Gauzy claimed the serve was a let, because his ball landed so far off the table, but then i heard him claim it actually hit table after the net.. But is this the only reason Shibaev didn't shake hands? Even though he won? Hard to believe, especially given how composed he was the whole match. And lately. He's been behaving.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:54am
Shibaev said something to Ovtcharov after the ref changed the ball and Ovtcharov said in English he did not know why Shibaev was taling to him. This might be the start of a bright boxing carrier for Shibaev Ouch I wonder if there are bustups when he plays in the Russian league.
Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon FL
Tibhar Evolution ELS
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:01pm
Anyone know who is Shibaev's coach?
Stiga Celero Wood
FH: Victas VO>102 2.0
BH: TSP Spectol Red 2.0
Lefty
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Shibaev said something to Ovtcharov after the ref changed the ball and Ovtcharov said in English he did not know why Shibaev was taling to him. This might be the start of a bright boxing carrier for Shibaev Ouch I wonder if there are bustups when he plays in the Russian league.

The ball was cracked.  Dima neither shared the ball with Shibaev to inspect or offered a let for the broken ball on the point.  Shibaev is a nutjob but he was right about this.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
spec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The ball was cracked.  Dima neither shared the ball with Shibaev to inspect or offered a let for the broken ball on the point.  Shibaev is a nutjob but he was right about this.
Why would a player offer a let to another player? It's not on the players to decide whether a point is a let. Only the umpire's decision is relevant.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Hu Weixin, Maze's coach from 2008-2012, sacked after Maze lost in the 1st round of the ETTC in 2012.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
chroot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:34pm

Looks like HU WEI XIN. He used to be Micahel Maze's personal coach.
BTY Viscaria 93g
DHS Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge, 40/2.2
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 max

My Feedbacks
chroot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:35pm

Edited by chroot - 02/05/2017 at 12:35pm
BTY Viscaria 93g
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 max

My Feedbacks
chroot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Hu Weixin, Maze's coach from 2008-2012, sacked after Maze lost in the 1st round of the ETTC in 2012.

You're 2 mins ahead of me. Smile

Edited by chroot - 02/05/2017 at 12:36pm
BTY Viscaria 93g
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 max

My Feedbacks
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

WHAT HAPPENED AT END OF GAUZY MATCH? Why was Shibaev so pissed? He didn't shake hands but he won, so it didn't seem like his usual bitterness. Was this because Simon claimed the point at 9:9? I could almost hear what they were talking but not enough. The 9:9 point was not even close to a dispute, at first I thought Gauzy claimed the serve was a let, because his ball landed so far off the table, but then i heard him claim it actually hit table after the net.. But is this the only reason Shibaev didn't shake hands? Even though he won? Hard to believe, especially given how composed he was the whole match. And lately. He's been behaving.

Maybe Shibaev thought he deserved the win, by coming back from behind, under the home crowd "civilized" rooting for Gauzy...Gauzy thought otherwise?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
chroot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Maybe Shibaev thought he deserved the win, by coming back from behind, under the home crowd "civilized" rooting for Gauzy...Gauzy thought otherwise?

Gauzy's return hit the net, then touched the post. He thought that scored him a point. Shibaev clearly didn't think so.
BTY Viscaria 93g
Nittaku Fastarc G-1 max

My Feedbacks
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:49pm
Can European players be more innovative in the celebration?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:52pm
hahahaahahaha so true...
Butterfly Custom Blade ST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by spec spec wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Why would a player offer a let to another player? It's not on the players to decide whether a point is a let. Only the umpire's decision is relevant.

Because lots of things in the game escape the view of he umpires and the players can notice and mutually agree upon them.  While the umpire's decision is final, the players as noble human beings can contribute to a better outcome with the help of a good umpire.

There was a recent match where the score keeper in the Yan An and Shang Kun match had the score wrong.  Should Shang Kun simply have accepted it or lodged a complaint?  Or maybe Timo Boll should stop getting those sportsmanship awards because he pointed out situations where the umpire made the wrong call, the right call being to Timo's detriment?

Let's stop being myopic.  The point is not whether Dima should have offered the let per se, but the fact that since the ball was broken during the point, and Shibaev was not aware of this, he missed the opportunity to appeal.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/05/2017 at 1:21pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
MAR_PL View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAR_PL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 1:27pm
Men's Singles Final
OVTCHAROV Dimitrij vs SHIBAEV Alexander 4: 2

Women's Singles Final
LI Jie vs SOLJA Petrissa  4:1

Edited by MAR_PL - 02/05/2017 at 1:29pm
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 3:43pm

My understanding is -- not 100% sure -- that Shibaev intended to slap his left hand against Simon's right and Simon decided to take an issue with that (Shibaev being a righty). I don't think Alexander was upset at Gauzy (no clear reason why he should have been). Most likely Gauzy was still kinda angry about not getting a point at 9-9 and decided to bump chests with Shibaev after that perceived slight. Again - that just seemed that way to me.
Egghead View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:57am
The ref was right LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I don't think Alexander was upset at Gauzy (no clear reason why he should have been).

I might have been wrong there. There were some matches between them in 2016 (ETTC etc) when Gauzy called Shibaev on his service and then Shibaev was penalized by the umpires. So there is some bad blood between them I guess ... so perhaps Shibaev decided that Gauzy is "again" trying to steal points (although it seems that after umpire told Gauzy that the ball hit the net stand, and not the table, he accepted that ruling) and said something nasty to Simon as a result.

Kind of spoiled the impression from a really good match...
GSP-glamour View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSP-glamour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 8:15am
Hello everyone !IMHO ,Shibaev's  behaviour after the match was unsportsmanship because he showed disrespect by not shaking hand.
You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic