tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Gauzy and Shibaev almost "on hands"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNulZ22TWEg

As I mentioned before Shibaev was not the most calm dude until about 2.5 years ago. He finally grew up, has married and since then became much, much more restrained in the matches. As a matter of fact I haven't seen him throw a tantrum in a long long while.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2017 at 9:36pm
I like his play a lot I have to say. In addition to his nice technique I like the lots of positive energy he release during the point: Very high love for the game! In between points or after the match? Meh...
Let's not forget one thing: When 2 people clash like this it means high interest in the other: that means those 2 are potential good friends or practice partners; or not.
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:49pm
The Gauzy-Shibaev dust-up was small potatoes compared to the younger excitable boy Shibaev after losing a point proceeding to slam his racket to the floor and lift the table off its foundation and letting it crash down.  Not bad.

Other examples of getting pissed with panache, as shown in a 10 example clip from YouTube of players going ballistic are one where a player proceeds to tear down the barriers behind him (a la Bergmann, complaining that the wooden barriers were too close and Reisman's forehands were forcing him to chop at shoulder height, preventing him from using his long range defense to best advantage) and another instance where a player tosses his racket onto his opponent's side of the table, where it caroms into the stands. 

In tennis, though Connors and McEnroe were good, Ilie Nastase was my main man for bad-natured berserkitude.  It's hard to beat tearing up the baseline at the Roland Garros stadium, or flashing a chair umpire a double bird, being red carded and then exclaiming in disbelief, Vat is wrong?  In my country ve call this the Balkan peace sign.  Pure gold.

bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNulZ22TWEg

Oh my God I am speachless... Did this really happen??? I haven't seen this video before, wow that is so childish from him.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 11:57am
Strataras, that's a classic!  I thought everyone had seen that one.

They train 'em young in some places.  Check out this one.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 12:09pm
But Shibaev is not even in the top five of this guy's list.

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 12:49pm
When the going gets tough, the tough give themselves a wedgie.....(5:45 in the video)

Blade: BBC Hinoki Ghost
FH: Black MX-P
BH: Red MX-P
My Feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 11:04am
Thanks for the videos Baal. I have seen the video with these kids, it is really terrible.
I havent seen the other video with the top 5. In the second video I can't understand why Ma Lin is in the top5 and I would say Schlager too. Schlager exept from the moment that he threw his blade, I think there are no other angry moments. As the other time when he was talking-shouting to himself out of his mind, I remember always Schlager is talking to himself when he does something wrong.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 11:22am
Of all these, only Chen WX equals Shibaev's "intensity". Of course, the Russian youngsters do not train to be so uncontrollable, but brutality level there was appalling. Must be another troubled individual... that can happen anywhere.
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 11:28am
Looks like the top 5 video was made by a guy who ain't seen nothing yet :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 12:17pm
hahahaha true
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic