tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Gauzy and Shibaev almost "on hands"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gauzy and Shibaev almost "on hands"?
    Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:47am
What happened after the match and Gauzy got carzy after shibaev gave his hand (for handshake supposed)?
Did Gauzy was really mad from the previous point that didn't go to him?
Did anything else happen and I didnt get it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UATX_kEV6g
Butterfly Custom Blade ST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
assam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:56am
They had issues before. I think that's not a big deal, just personal problems.
Both show have other attitude but there more important things in table tennis
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:16am
So you mean they have "history"? Has something else happened before?
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:31am
Shibaev is a nutjob but I have felt for a long time he has the best forehand in Europe.  That match did not do anything to change my mind.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
assam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:34am
Yes, they also had issues at the European Championship 2016
TT newbie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:23pm
I like it. Players showing their true feelings and not being the pussy politically correct.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:28pm
That was awesome, I was hoping they would fight
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
My Feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:52pm
hahaha it was so intence, I thought that they would fight for real, but the master umpire was there to clam down the situation.
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 1:13pm
If someone as skinny like Shibaev chest bumped me like that, I would have thrown a left hook to his liver and broke his body in half.  
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Shibaev is a nutjob but I have felt for a long time he has the best forehand in Europe.  That match did not do anything to change my mind.

Correction: Shibaev used to be a "nutjob". He was roundly criticized for his temper at MyTT and at various Russian forums as well. Then he grew up a little, got married -- and for the last 2-3 years he actually behaves himself unusually mature (compared to his previous behavior, that is).

As for the crisis at Top-16 I think the main immediate factor was that Simon got really pissed the umpire didn't give him the point at 9-9. I hope that later when he watches the video of that moment - where it is absolutely clear that the ball hit the bottom of the net frame on its way down, not the table - he would feel a bit embarrassed and maybe even decides to apologize. Or not...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 3:59pm
Oh really JimT??? HAs Shibaev temper problems? I really didn't know that!
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 4:03pm
But you all have to agreee with me that it was and adventurus event...
1) the arguement between Gauzy and Shibaev
2) Solja got injured (if this is true, idk what to believe, she must have also done this only cause she was out of good performance)
3) Ovtcharov was so ill....maybe flu... He was caughing all the time, I really was sad for him, but at the end he got really happy. (once again this guy had ball issues Ouch pffff)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
bard romance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

If someone as skinny like Shibaev chest bumped me like that, I would have thrown a left hook to his liver and broke his body in half.  

Watch again, seems like Gauzy initiated that. In any event, I'm taking the 6'4 russian well trained athlete with arm acceleration over BeaverMD from mytabletennis unless there's some piece of information I'm missing here.

As to the actual incident, I get the impression that Shibaev tried to apologize but Gauzy was having none of it. I don't see Shibaev's celebration and failed handshake as much worse than Gauzy's celebration last time they met:

Edited by bard romance - 02/05/2017 at 4:16pm
Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 5:26pm
Shaking hands after a match is a stupid idea anyways.   Players should shake hands before the match and wish each other good luck.  That's it.  That's what the standard etiquette should be.  When you have players trying to shake hands after a match (especially in a major tournament), many times the winner is involved in some sort of stupid celebration, which just antagonizes the loser and we end up with confrontations like this.

In baseball, teams don't shake hands with the opposing team after the game.  They shake hands with their OWN team.  I like that.

Wish each other good luck, go out on the field and lay it all on the line, and then get the hell away from each other.

Edited by Ringer84 - 02/05/2017 at 5:32pm
USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I like it. Players showing their true feelings and not being the pussy politically correct.

I happen to be a TT oldbie and always viewed my tt mission as to defeat my opponent, not push him after a match is over.  

If pushing your opponent after a match is "not being the pussy politically correct" (I have no idea what you mean by this) why not play tt in an enclosed steel cage and may the baddest ass rather than the better player on a given day prevail?  

That, in America at least, might make today's tt more popular, if decorum were thrown to the winds and boorishly obnoxious behavior were to become the norm.  It works for the NFL, NHL and NBA, why not for tt?

Edited by berndt_mann - 02/05/2017 at 5:39pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

If by "pussy politically correct" you mean behaving like an uncivilized barbarian, well ok. It seems to be in fashion now.

Never saw Waldner do it though. 
Kolev View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 8:49pm
Whatever happened, Gauzy acted as a very sore loser. I watched the video few times to see always the same -that Gauzy pushed Shibaev in the chest,something considered extremely rude around here.
On the other hand Shibaev obviously was acting as "over superior". Whatching the lips of Gauzy I am pretty sure I saw him pronouncing M...ther f..ker and F.ck of

Edited by Kolev - 02/06/2017 at 8:40am
3x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64/Vega Japan/H8
BH: T05/Omega4 € /Primus
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 9:33pm
Salty people with serve issue.
This happened before started with serve issue.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:33pm
and point 9-9 ...... SG try to fake that the ball was in ?????
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:09pm
'and point 9-9 ...... SG try to fake that the ball was in ?????'LOL

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Whatever happened, Gauzy acted as a very sore loser. I watched the video few times to see always the same -that Gauzy pushed Shibaev in the chest,something considered extremely rude around here.
On tge otger hand Shibaev obviously was acting as "over superior". Whathing the lips of Gauzy I am pretty sure I saw him pronouncing M...ther f..ker and F.ck of

As I heard and saw he said only "fu.....ng  sh1t" and no other "french". And as I saw again, I think that shibaev hit first his chest to Gauzy. But anyway...
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Kolev View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 8:55am
With all due respect, I see Gauzy pushing the chest of Shibaev, but it's true that the russian approached too closely and rather aggressively
3x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64/Vega Japan/H8
BH: T05/Omega4 € /Primus
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 8:55am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

On tge otger hand Shibaev obviously was acting as "over superior". Whathing the lips of Gauzy I am pretty sure I saw him pronouncing M...ther f..ker and F.ck of

As I heard and saw he said only "fu.....ng  sh1t" and no other "french". And as I saw again, I think that shibaev hit first his chest to Gauzy. But anyway...

dont understand what happened when shibaev walked and made gauzy pissed
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 10:18am

With all due respect, I see Gauzy pushing the chest of Shibaev, but it's true that the russian approached too closely and rather aggressively

Yes I agree with you...
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 10:19am
bbkon I don't know either friend...I am trying to understand why Gauzy got pissed, there is something that missing us, cause if you hear all people there were shouting against Shibaev.
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 10:46am
Shibaev hide lot of serve. This guy had done it many times.
slevin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:30pm
I've always wondered why Shibaev hasn't advanced much more in the rankings than where he is now. He has decent technique and he hides his serves well. Close to complete package...

Edited by slevin - 02/06/2017 at 1:33pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I've always wondered why Shibaev hasn't advanced much more in the rankings than where he is now. He has decent technique and he hides his serves well. Close to complete package...

I think that some of the things that separate someone who is 40 in the world from someone who is 10 in the world or better can on occasion be surprisingly hard to see for even high level amateur players.  They may not be very big things. 

Back in the day I used to wonder the same thing about Peter Karlsson.  Guy looked perfect to me.  Why wasn't he like Waldner or Persson?  He was a really good player for sure but his results indicated clearly he was not world champion material. 

Sometimes I suspect it is because guys like this are slightly too predictable (relative to the top 10 guys) or maybe they lack one or more overwhelming strange "Super-Powers", which is something all the great players have. 

Bear in mind, not all of the world's great servers now or in the past hide their serves.  In fact, people who hide may not have the same level of disguise as great servers who don't need to.  Disguise is not the same as hiding.   
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

In terms of reaching a higher ranking or getting much better as a player I think he made a slight mistake when he decided to stay at UMMC. Financially he has done well, but if he went to play for some high-level German or French club he could have become a better player. It's always a tough decision to make especially when you are young...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 3:35pm
After the match he says about shibaev "he is an accomplished fool; nobody likes him on the tour and  it's the same every match."

stuff fs ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback / vega pro st - m2 - baracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic