FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rating estimation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 10:18pm
There is also another player named William, a German guy retired from US Military who would eat him up and he is a touch under 2000 rating so it depends on opponent.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 4:10am
I guess 2100-2200
with this style, he can beat some 2300 players who are not familiar with pips/anti, but also can lose to 2000-2100 players that know how to deal with anti, so I think he's somewhere between.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 8:40am
~2000
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 2:37pm
OK,  here is the closest estimation based on the US player that have played him:

When he went to the Orlando club over 5 years ago, his best win was a high 2200 player (about 2280 if I recall correctly) and his worst loss was a mid 2100 player).

When he was in town about a year or 2 ago, he won all matches except for yours truly. He beat a few 2100 players 3:0 and only dropped one game to a long pips 1900'is player. Not sure if he played serious but the same 1900 player gave me a very hard time too.. I dropped 2 games against him..
I was about 2199 at the time he was in town.. He had 4 match balls against me 10:6 in the 5th for him and I ended up winning 12:10 in the 5th.. I got lucky..
Back 5 years ago, most players said that they'd estimate him about 2200 while 1 - 2 years ago, most of them said that he plays about 2250. I'd say that he is a low of 2150 and a high of 2250.. Hard to tell but he is somewhere in that range.. Probably about 2200.. He might come to play the NA Teams this year and I may form a team with him and another approx. 2400 level player from Austria.
BTW, those 2 friends of mine are the residing Vienna State champions in doubles - open class!! They beat several very high ranked doubles to win the state championship.. Nasty double.. His doubles partner attacks with long pips and used to be a National League player about 25 years ago. Now he plays lower leagues and loses close to no matches as he is getting paid for each win. He decided do play lower leagues for a lower per win pay than higher leagues but winning almost all of his matches.... so he ends up making more money playing lower leagues than the leagues that match his actual playing level..  
. Just to note, Vienna has more registered players than all of USATT!!

On a side note, he is the guy who tought me pushblocking about 27 years ago... He always won our school championship and I always came in 2nd... Back in the day, I would be able to beat him about 1 in 20 times..

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/07/2017 at 2:58pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 5:50pm
I would guess 2100 to 2200. One of my friends plays anti and he hovers around 1900 to 1950 and this guy is better than him by a decent amount. 
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

I would guess 2100 to 2200. One of my friends plays anti and he hovers around 1900 to 1950 and this guy is better than him by a decent amount. 

That's within the margin of error. He might be again in Florida this year, maybe when they have a tournament.. that would be great.. I would lile to see his rating after an event.. he may only be low 2100's.. it's hard to predict

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/07/2017 at 8:02pm

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 8:05pm
Danny Seemiller plays anti and is 2500. Just saying...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Danny Seemiller plays anti and is 2500. Just saying...

Technically true though because of his special grip he doesn't use the anti as much as a regular shakehand player would. During one of his camps, Danny once told me that if he uses his anti a lot in a match (against good players) he is usually in trouble.
There are a few really high level anti (all frictionless) players out there. To name just a few (search on youtube for videos): Sushmit Sriram (beat the #170 in the world at a recent tournament), Simon Huth (beat Ruwen Filus at a reginal tourney in Germany), Luka Mladenovic (top 400 in the world), Ademir Balaban (around 600 in the world), Maik Schonknecht (estimated USATT 2400, German TTR of 2050).

Edited by Matt Pimple - 02/07/2017 at 8:48pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 9:05pm
Just to add, the 2nd opponent (whom he lost to in 4 close games) of my friend has a german rating of about 1950 and has been over 2000 recently. That translates to about 2300 to 2350. His first opponent was only about 1300 german rating, about 1650.. This was a international match in Vienna against a german club.. That guy was much stronger than any of his teammates..

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/07/2017 at 9:07pm

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 9:56pm
Thanks Pushblocker! It's always nice to see some really good (frictionless) anti players and this guy is good.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2017 at 10:39pm

In Vienna, what division does he play and how many divisions are above him.

The pushblocker style is definitely hard to estimate on video not knowing all the variables. The style is fun to watch being such a chess game vs the loopers.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 6:55am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

In Vienna, what division does he play and how many divisions are above him.

The pushblocker style is definitely hard to estimate on video not knowing all the variables. The style is fun to watch being such a chess game vs the loopers.

Right now, my friend plays 2. Klasse (2nd Class). He has played with a decent record in 1. Klasse (1st Class) which is right below the State League which is the highest league below the National Leagues..
In Vienna, there are 4 Classes (A and B) and 11 or 12 groups (A and B), so, there are a total of 15 - 16 playing classes in State League and he currently plays in the 3rd highest (used to play 2nd highest).
The reason why he dropped a class was due to changing clubs. The highest class that his new club is playing in is 2nd Class which is their A Team.. Their other teams play in lower class.
He is the team captain of their strongest team..

https://sites.google.com/site/ttaskoekomperdell/mannschaften

He used to play "down" a lot just like his double partner as they are getting paid per win and it often pays more to play in a lower class than playing a higher class.. 2nd Class averages probably mostly 2000 - 2100 players but there are often stronger players that play "down" for example to make their team move up a class... So, you can frequently find 2400 or even higher players who play down in those classes but they hardly ever lose matches unless they play someone else who is playing lower than their playing level.. 1st Class plays about 2150 - 2300 while Vienna State League is about 2200 - 2500. There is a big gap between the top and bottom players in the State League due to the playing system.   National League in Austria is about 2400 - 2800.. The top teams play European Champions League.. Those are mostly solid 2700 - 2800 with many foreign players..
Last time that I played in Austria was in 2012..  I beat all players 2nd Class and lower.   (mostly 3rd Class players... 1950 - 2050 level more or less) and a few 2nd class players.. 2nd Class was closer to my level and those matches were competitive even though I won them. Got to play two 1st Class players and beat a weaker one of them 3:2 (interestingly, he destroyed me in game 1 and 2.. I made about 4 points per game but then I found a way to beat him and won 3:2). The only match that I lost was to a 1st Class player who plays soid State League level but plays down for money.. (About 2400 level). He completely destroyed me.. We played 2 matches and I didn't get more than 6 points per game.. (long pips attacker.. nasty game). His win/loss ratio in 1st Class is usually like 16:2 or something like that.. He would likely have more wins than losses in Vienna State League but he wouldn't be one of the top players.. I have to note that I was rated 2309 when I was in Austria in 2012.. I was not able to maintain that rating or playing level since then.. I actually hardly play tt anymore.. 3 times at the club since JULY 2016.. I did play tournaments though... but no club visits.. Got most of my practice from tournaments lately.. No time for TT..... :(

Edited by Pushblocker - 02/08/2017 at 7:39am

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 10:20am

Thanks for sharing the info. It is interesting to learn about other parts of the TT world.

How much per win does your friend make ?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Thanks for sharing the info. It is interesting to learn about other parts of the TT world.

How much per win does your friend make ?

I would have to ask him.. It's not really too much.. Couldn't live off it for sure.. LOL

Doubt that it's more than $100 per win... You get to play about 40 matches per year, so in the best case scenario, it would add up to $4000 per year..

However, $100 per win is just a guess. I might be off on that..

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 7:09pm

Do the clubs have local business sponsorship ?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 10:13pm
Yes, they do have corporate sponsors..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic