FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Short pimple recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 10:45am
Ok... I'm not surprised you weren't very fond of 802-40 as I've never been fond of them either, and I've played with a lot of SPs. TSP has long been considered the premier maker of SPs, so I would try to find one of their pips. Tabletennisstore.US has 15 different TSP pips out rubbers and Spectol Speed comes in 1.0 - 1.3 mm sponge: http://tabletennisstore.us/p-2263-tsp-spectol-speed-short-pips-table-tennis-rubber.aspx

I think you would like this rubber very well, but feel free to read up on some of the other SPs too. The new Spectol Blue comes in a thickness somewhere around 1.5 and this might be good as well. It won't be very spinny, but will be good for blocking and hitting. Best of luck.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 10:49am
cheers I had tsp magic pips once they were quite interesting
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 12:04am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Ok... I'm not surprised you weren't very fond of 802-40 as I've never been fond of them either, and I've played with a lot of SPs. TSP has long been considered the premier maker of SPs, so I would try to find one of their pips. Tabletennisstore.US has 15 different TSP pips out rubbers and Spectol Speed comes in 1.0 - 1.3 mm sponge: http://tabletennisstore.us/p-2263-tsp-spectol-speed-short-pips-table-tennis-rubber.aspx

I think you would like this rubber very well, but feel free to read up on some of the other SPs too. The new Spectol Blue comes in a thickness somewhere around 1.5 and this might be good as well. It won't be very spinny, but will be good for blocking and hitting. Best of luck.

looking for something with control not much spin sensitive enough to open serves like moristo or hexer pips but less spin reactive
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

looking for something with control not much spin sensitive enough to open serves like moristo or hexer pips but less spin reactive

Spinlord Keiler or Gipfelsturm are good ones. The gipfelsturm has less spin than spectol in 1.8 for reference. The keiler has a bit more spin than 563 and is close to spectol, or slightly spinnier I recall. 

Gipfelsturm is the best rubber I've used for passive blocking, in so far as you can control most any shot launched at you. Heavy spins are nullified to a great degree. As a result, the attacking potential does decline a bit.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 12:50am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Spinlord Keiler or Gipfelsturm are good ones. The gipfelsturm has less spin than spectol in 1.8 for reference. The keiler has a bit more spin than 563 and is close to spectol, or slightly spinnier I recall. 

Gipfelsturm is the best rubber I've used for passive blocking, in so far as you can control most any shot launched at you. Heavy spins are nullified to a great degree. As a result, the attacking potential does decline a bit.

have played with keiler and its hard to attack I m a cpen
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 4:54am

have played with keiler and its hard to attack I m a cpen

I don't like keiler for attacking on my cpen FH either. But, I like it for RPB. Not as easy as short pip for rpb but still doable. Attacking is easy with hinoki carbon blade. Gives a lot of trouble to my opponents. It's fast and the spin is like 802 when driving
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic