Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

what is my USATT ranking ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is my USATT ranking ?
    Posted: 02/10/2017 at 7:01am
these are videos of me with my friend practicing in our local club

i want to know my usatt ranking according to my performance

i practice with my friend  FH driving and looping ,BH driving and looping , and finally matches

i'm the fat guy with grey t-shirt

1-FH looping

2-BH driving and countering

3-BH driving and looping

4-FH driving and Matches

any advice or comment to improve my technique is welcomed

sorry for the long video

thanks in advance

MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Sponsored Links

chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 8:52am
If you can post a match video, it will help us to guess your rating more accurately. From the training video, I would say around 1800+. 

Edited by chroot - 02/10/2017 at 8:55am
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 8:53am

Edited by chroot - 02/10/2017 at 8:54am
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 9:18am
Can't tell.   Your opponent is good, and that can make you look better.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 11:55am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

================
Pretty much agree with you, about 1500-1600.

skip3119
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

If you can post a match video, it will help us to guess your rating more accurately. From the training video, I would say around 1800+. 

in the last video there is a match between us at 1:04

Edited by manraid - 02/10/2017 at 2:16pm
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:25pm
1400, perhaps? Too many mistakes on serve receive, attempt to push topspin during rally, lots of long topspin serves (illegal very low, almost horizontal toss into the paddle, by the way). Lots of mistakes on BH, both for push and drive/loop attempts.

Opponent is not close to 1900-2000 either.

Based on the match footage only, since that's what counts for the rating Wink 

Edit: Just realized I was rating the guy in red shirt. Ooops....

Edited by pgpg - 02/10/2017 at 2:26pm
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

1400, perhaps? Too many mistakes on serve receive, attempt to push topspin during rally, lots of long topspin serves (illegal very low, almost horizontal toss into the paddle, by the way). Lots of mistakes on BH, both for push and drive/loop attempts.

Smile i'm the fat guy in grey t-shirt

your comment on me or my friend in red shirt i'm little confused Smile

MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:46pm
After watching again, 1500 may be high.  I think you and your friend are about equal.  Who wins the matches between the two of you? 
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 2:52pm

After watching again, 1500 may be high.  I think you and your friend are about equal.  Who wins the matches between the two of you? 

i always win
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 3:00pm
manraid,

I may be a bit more harsh on judging rating.  I am a certified referee and run tournaments in the US.  Based on your last post video, the person on the grey shirt, who should be you is around 1300 - 1400.  You have good strokes on FH when you have to hit it.  You should also consider to hit your FH more forward.  You have a good brush stroke vertically.  But to take you to the next level, you need to swing more forward on your FH.  Your BH opening spinning loop is effective.  But you will need to follow up with a more steady/stronger BH to finish the point.  You seems to miss a few follow up shots after your partner blocks them back after you open with a spinny BH loop.

Your hitting partner, person in red shirt will be around 1600.  His FH is good when he is ready.  But during match, he didn't move much to attack.  His block is not very solid.  His serve is illegal because he doesn't toss the ball much.  Perhaps he is not playing at his full strength.

Hope this helps.  Keep playing my friend.  Your game will improve with proper adjustments.

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

i always win

I thought so.  I like your backhand.  Do you ever go to a club? 
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 3:12pm

i always win

I thought so.  I like your backhand.  Do you ever go to a club? 

thanks sir
yes i'm practicing with a coach twice weekly

Edited by manraid - 02/10/2017 at 3:13pm
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

manraid,

I may be a bit more harsh on judging rating.  I am a certified referee and run tournaments in the US.  Based on your last post video, the person on the grey shirt, who should be you is around 1300 - 1400.  You have good strokes on FH when you have to hit it.  You should also consider to hit your FH more forward.  You have a good brush stroke vertically.  But to take you to the next level, you need to swing more forward on your FH.  Your BH opening spinning loop is effective.  But you will need to follow up with a more steady/stronger BH to finish the point.  You seems to miss a few follow up shots after your partner blocks them back after you open with a spinny BH loop.

Your hitting partner, person in red shirt will be around 1600.  His FH is good when he is ready.  But during match, he didn't move much to attack.  His block is not very solid.  His serve is illegal because he doesn't toss the ball much.  Perhaps he is not playing at his full strength.

Hope this helps.  Keep playing my friend.  Your game will improve with proper adjustments.

thanks sir

i agree with you that my fh is vertically and more forward direction of my strokes is needed but i have a past history of unconfidence in my fh topspin when i was playing with mx-s on my blade any tiny malposition in my strokes with mx-s i found  myself punished so hard so that makes me playing alot conservative as regard my fh

N.B my partner block during warming up especialy bh looping was really  horrible and this video i was playing after 2 weeks of not touching my blade due to my work

i'll correct the  defects in my technique

Edited by manraid - 02/10/2017 at 4:38pm
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2017 at 11:25pm

Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Smile i'm the fat guy in grey t-shirt

your comment on me or my friend in red shirt i'm little confused Smile

I was commenting on your opponent (don't ask me why, no idea...). Let me say you are around 1400, your opponent somewhat lower. This is mostly based on club/tournaments players I know. Some of your BH shots almost made me think you are playing with anti/LP - they looked like 'bumps' I play often. 

To reiterate - it's really hard to guess rating from the videos: practice can make you look much better since ball coming to you is consistent. Playing a match against someone who is very familiar to you is also not a good proxy - in the tournament you have to play folks whom you've never seen before, and there is something on the line, so mental aspect of the game matters. 

P.S. Why do you play with black on both sides? 

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 7:05am

[/QUOTE]

I was commenting on your opponent (don't ask me why, no idea...). Let me say you are around 1400, your opponent somewhat lower. This is mostly based on club/tournaments players I know. Some of your BH shots almost made me think you are playing with anti/LP - they looked like 'bumps' I play often. 

To reiterate - it's really hard to guess rating from the videos: practice can make you look much better since ball coming to you is consistent. Playing a match against someone who is very familiar to you is also not a good proxy - in the tournament you have to play folks whom you've never seen before, and there is something on the line, so mental aspect of the game matters. 

P.S. Why do you play with black on both sides? 

[/QUOTE]

i play with h8 fh and bh

your  point is right that i must play with someone who is unfamiliar with me and btw i win against many players above me in level but i have no video

i post this video to see my level and to adjust any defect in my technique

lastly i play both black this is a long story but briefly i have a very very bad history with the red rubbers 4 new sheet red rubbers dteriorate in a dramatic manner  on my bh while i still have my black sheet still contact and usable which me decide to not putting a red ruber untill i have  a tournament to me black rubbers are very durable compared to red rubbers of the same brand

i have alocal tournament coming mid march that's why i ordered red sheet of super 999 t ,that's why i was asking alot in the topic of 999t in this forum .
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 11:46am
Just play in a few tournaments and see how you do. I would tell them that your estimated rating is 1450. You could be a bit more, you could be a bit less. Its really hard to tell against a single opponent. At that level,  you will play a lot of different styles of players and a lot of players with weird rubbers and strange strokes. Just start going to tournaments. After 2 or 3 tournaments, you'll have a good idea of where you stand.

My best advice to you is stick with the coaching and also practice with the rubbers you plan to play with in the tournament. I wouldn't toss a red rubber on your blade two days before a tournament. Every time I switch to a different model rubber, it takes 2 to 4 weeks of playing to get really zoned in with it. Also, the better you get, the more fun the game becomes. Stick with it. You will have frustrating periods. Good Luck!

Edited by ericd937 - 02/11/2017 at 11:47am
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 1:51pm
you r a very good player. i would say your rating is between 1400 to 1600. 
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Just play in a few tournaments and see how you do. I would tell them that your estimated rating is 1450. You could be a bit more, you could be a bit less. Its really hard to tell against a single opponent. At that level,  you will play a lot of different styles of players and a lot of players with weird rubbers and strange strokes. Just start going to tournaments. After 2 or 3 tournaments, you'll have a good idea of where you stand.

My best advice to you is stick with the coaching and also practice with the rubbers you plan to play with in the tournament. I wouldn't toss a red rubber on your blade two days before a tournament. Every time I switch to a different model rubber, it takes 2 to 4 weeks of playing to get really zoned in with it. Also, the better you get, the more fun the game becomes. Stick with it. You will have frustrating periods. Good Luck!

thanks ,i'll participate in tournament soon
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by big d big d wrote:

you r a very good player. i would say your rating is between 1400 to 1600. 

thank you sir , i see myself as a semi- intermediate player  who try to improve his technique and strategy .
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2017 at 10:08pm
manraid,

MX-S is a tough rubber to master. It demands more accurate timing and active on foot work like the Chinese rubber in some ways. I may suggest you to try something like Donic Barracuda that give you some good lift on the ball and give you a bit cushion on timing. The rubber is not super fast. It generates good spins to compliment your game and you can focus more on your forward swing motion with it.

I am glad that you are training with a coach and your game will improve. Just focusing on executing your shots and don't worry about winning or losing. Once your strokes are developed, you will start winning.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 9:52am
i forget to mention that my blade weight with the rubbers =215g(god help me Smile)
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2017 at 7:50pm
Serves too sloppy and way too much chop chop. These are tactical errors. I'd much rather see a botched opening loop instead of 10 perfect chops on the table. At least we'd only be talking about technique.

Anyway, decent feel for the ball. FH drive is good, loop has too much emphasis on spin. BH loop is ok (better than your friend's) but same problem here, you're sacrificing speed at the altar of spin. It saps at your consistency, amongst other things.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 1:13pm
thanks alot for all who advice and i'm eager to listen for more advice .
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic