Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vega Pro, Carbonado 290 or MJ ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 2:49pm
Hey unstopabl3, I also have the andro treiber z and it's one of my favourite blades and I have it as a spare blade as well. The combo I played with is andro treiber z + andro rasant grip 2.1 BH and FH.

Touchplay - probably the best out of all the blades I've played with. You can literally tap the ball over the net and it will land with a low bounce and be close to the net, making it hard for your opponent to attack. I've used carbonado 190, DHS-WL, Viscaria, and HL5 and I have to say that this blade is still the best in this department.

Pushes - nice and low. You can push the ball close to the net or far from the net with lots of control.

Flicks - BH flicks are very low and spinny and can be hard for your opponents to return. FH flicks are are also very good.

Loops - BH loops are very well controlled. It's nice and low and can be hard to return. This is due to the low arc that you can generate from the combination. FH loops are too low sometimes because of this combo. If you want to loop (FH or BH) a ball from under the table or just slightly above the table, it can be hard because the ball may clip the net a lot. I'm not sure if it's due strictly to the paddle or the rubbers or a combination of both. However, when I played with rasant grip on my BH for my HL5, the arc was much lower vs tenergy 05 but the arc is definitely higher than treiber z.

Drives - FH and BH drives may require a slight brush to lift the ball over because of the low arc but really easy to adapt.

Feel - as mentioned from the touchplay, incredible feel. I've given it to beginners and all types of players to try out and they all say it has an amazing feel. You know exactly where the ball is.

Overall, it's a really nice blade/combo to have. Recommended combos are rasant grip FH and BH or Rasant powergrip FH and rasant grip BH. The first build is for a more controlled play but still has quite a good offence. The second build has more offence but you lose a bit of control. Your FH arc might be slightly lower with the powergrip according to some reviews/players. Classic player who uses the second build is Stephane Ouaiche, so you might want to watch a few videos to see how he plays with it.

Summary:
Pros: touchplay, pushes, flicks, BH, and feel are really good.
Cons: FH loops is a bit low for my standard but still very good.
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Stanny Stanny wrote:

Hey unstopabl3, I also have the andro treiber z and it's one of my favourite blades and I have it as a spare blade as well. The combo I played with is andro treiber z + andro rasant grip 2.1 BH and FH.

Touchplay - probably the best out of all the blades I've played with. You can literally tap the ball over the net and it will land with a low bounce and be close to the net, making it hard for your opponent to attack. I've used carbonado 190, DHS-WL, Viscaria, and HL5 and I have to say that this blade is still the best in this department.

Pushes - nice and low. You can push the ball close to the net or far from the net with lots of control.

Flicks - BH flicks are very low and spinny and can be hard for your opponents to return. FH flicks are are also very good.

Loops - BH loops are very well controlled. It's nice and low and can be hard to return. This is due to the low arc that you can generate from the combination. FH loops are too low sometimes because of this combo. If you want to loop (FH or BH) a ball from under the table or just slightly above the table, it can be hard because the ball may clip the net a lot. I'm not sure if it's due strictly to the paddle or the rubbers or a combination of both. However, when I played with rasant grip on my BH for my HL5, the arc was much lower vs tenergy 05 but the arc is definitely higher than treiber z.

Drives - FH and BH drives may require a slight brush to lift the ball over because of the low arc but really easy to adapt.

Feel - as mentioned from the touchplay, incredible feel. I've given it to beginners and all types of players to try out and they all say it has an amazing feel. You know exactly where the ball is.

Overall, it's a really nice blade/combo to have. Recommended combos are rasant grip FH and BH or Rasant powergrip FH and rasant grip BH. The first build is for a more controlled play but still has quite a good offence. The second build has more offence but you lose a bit of control. Your FH arc might be slightly lower with the powergrip according to some reviews/players. Classic player who uses the second build is Stephane Ouaiche, so you might want to watch a few videos to see how he plays with it.

Summary:
Pros: touchplay, pushes, flicks, BH, and feel are really good.
Cons: FH loops is a bit low for my standard but still very good.

Thanks for your feedback Stanny, so the blade has a low catapult but what about the speed and spin of the blade? And have you tried any other rubbers with it to see if you can get a higher catapult and arc such as MX-P or Tenergy 05? Seems like a good controlled blade but if it seems slow and I don't know if I will like it after playing with HL5 :P
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 3:45pm
just watch stephane quaiche awesome cheers stannySmile
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Sounds like you want a stiff, but soft feeling blade.

Have you looked at Primorac Carbon or Joola Aruna Off/Rossi Emotion? The former is quite a bit faster, but they're both hinoki/carbon composites - I do believe hinoki outer blades may be what you are looking for. Andro Treiber Z is also a good shout.

Edit: One guy I know (around top 50 in UK) uses the Aruna OFF, and he got like three of my friends to get them! The guy I always play in matches was one of them, and he swears by it, and he's a picky EJ LOL

What's wrong with Viscaria though? It's plenty fast for me, and you could easily get a TB ZLC for a less muted feeling.

Viscaria to me felt a bit muted and a bit bouncy on strong loops from the opponent especially when returning heavy spiny loops I also went out of table. Also it felt slower than my YEO 7 Power and I was looking for something faster than it.

How fast is the Aruna OFF? I saw ttdaily review in which they said it's slower than butterfly alc blades so I'm assuming it's slower than Viscaria as well, so wouldn't it lose power from mid distance? I guess I won't like it because of it's speed, otherwise it looks like a good blade.

What about Aruna OFF+ then?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Thanks for your feedback Stanny, so the blade has a low catapult but what about the speed and spin of the blade? And have you tried any other rubbers with it to see if you can get a higher catapult and arc such as MX-P or Tenergy 05? Seems like a good controlled blade but if it seems slow and I don't know if I will like it after playing with HL5 :P
What are you doing at mid distance?  Don't you know its a sin to back off the table?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2017 at 12:46am
How much can you spend?  ZJK-sZLC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic