Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bryce vs sriver as bh? Chinese equivalent?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bryce vs sriver as bh? Chinese equivalent?
    Posted: 02/13/2017 at 2:23am
How do bryce and sriver play as backhand rubbers? Are there any chinese equivalents to these rubbers?
Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 2:56am
They are both rubbers from previous generetion for the speed glue. They are still available in the market and they play pretty well with the water based glue thst we use now. With the old glue the Bryce used to be a really fast rubber which was hard to control but with great speed and spin. On the other hand sriver was a very nice and controlable rubber off- rated which had medium speed but much spin. Nowadays, with the new glue, bryce can be a very nice off- rubber with medium spin and sriver can be an all+ rubber with good spin (just good). So you pick which you want to play, with an off- or with an all+?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

They are both rubbers from previous generetion for the speed glue. They are still available in the market and they play pretty well with the water based glue thst we use now. With the old glue the Bryce used to be a really fast rubber which was hard to control but with great speed and spin. On the other hand sriver was a very nice and controlable rubber off- rated which had medium speed but much spin. Nowadays, with the new glue, bryce can be a very nice off- rubber with medium spin and sriver can be an all+ rubber with good spin (just good). So you pick which you want to play, with an off- or with an all+?

What would be the equilavents of bryce and sriver in the current generation of rubber? This is off topic, but is the neo tg2 also from the previous generation?

Edited by Bobobo - 02/13/2017 at 10:31am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 6:18am
No, NEO sponge is made for the new glue era. As for your backhand if you are good nough adn you need control go for the Bryce.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 10:00am
It's a great post-glue problem: how to replace a heavily glued Bryce. Today only T64 comes close, and, maybe, the new hope is for Stiga Mantra H and M. Bryce Highspeed is really speedy when you drive with power, but it loses at slow looping, the old Bryce topsheet is softer and spinnier. The rest majority of rubbers doesn't even come close to glued Bryce.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 10:35am
ok I have to say I don't understand the sriver and Bryce posting for BH rubbers as these 2 rubbers were completely different! It's like asking the driving characteristics of a Nissan Sentra and a Nissan Maxima for all-around driving. if you want a good all-around BH rubber there are plenty of rubbers out there with good control. Chinese rubbers are very different and I wouldn't compare them to European/Japanese rubbers, unless you boost them. The more appropriate question is what current generation rubbers are good for BH, if you're looking for a current generation rubber. You should also include more details like cost and hardness as that would help. Sorry to be anal here, but I'm currently working as a Business Analyst and I've learned to be specific when detailing the Business Requirements. I see many vague postings on this website, and it always helps to provide more details like:
I'm looking for the following for my BH:
- good control for brush looping/blocking or good speed/spin for power looping, etc.
- cost < $45
- good durability
- and specify if you like Euro/Jap rubbers or Chinese
- hardness (do you like soft, medium, or hard rubbers?)

Anyway there are many different types of rubbers that would work well for the BH, but if we don't know things like how much you're willing to pay, the hardness, etc. we can't give a very good answer.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 12:15pm
Unless you are still using speed glue, bryce is just not worth it at that price point. I suggest looking at tenergy 80 for a good all round rubber
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 8:33pm
Tenergy 64 or maybe even Tenergy 05 with a thin layer of booster (to lower the throw and soften the sponge, what I do) would suffice, but they're nothing like glued Bryce/Sriver, and AcudaDave is right, you should ask more specific, especially since Bryce and Sriver are very different themselves.

Edited by SmackDAT - 02/14/2017 at 8:33pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 8:06am
@ "SmackDAT"  and  "AcudaDave", our friend Bobobo wants to give him our opinion about 2 rubbers Bryce and Sriver...so I think Bobobo is very specific what he wants, he wants Bryce or Sriver for his backhand!
SmackDAT you are out of topic when you suggest him tenergy64 or tenergy05 and also boosted. He wants control no a rocket rubber.
@ "rocketman222", man the tenergy 80 is NOT an allround rubber, it is miles away faster.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 8:07am
Bobobo you can go for the Bryce for your backhand, it will suits you nice. I don't suggest you the sriver cause with the new water based glue, it will be really slow.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 9:06am
ok strataras...fair enough. He wants to know how Sriver and Bryce play as rubbers for the BH. They are 2 completely different rubbers so they play much differently. Sriver is an old generation of rubber and plays much slower than current generation rubbers. Bryce is harder, faster, and has more spin. Many people post things on this forum and are way too vague. That's the main point I'm trying to make. Asking if there are Chinese equivalents is also too vague. In what way would you compare them? Does he want to know if they are similar in hardness, spin, etc. I will say this Bobobo...729 Battle I rubber is one of the few Chinese rubbers that plays similar to Sriver. It's a great deal for about $20. You can purchase it at Zeropong. The real thing people should include is how much they are willing to pay. If money is no object then they can buy Tenergy or some other rubber like it.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 2:18pm
Yes we both agree now... Also I agree that he should buy a Bryce which has more potential as rubber with this new water base glue, as he will find the sriver very slow.
Very nice idea about the 729battle if it is like a sriver (i dont know, I haven't try it), if our friend Bobobo is finally conluding to sriver, but as I said before it will be really slow.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Bobobo Bobobo wrote:

How do bryce and sriver play as backhand rubbers? Are there any chinese equivalents to these rubbers?

For Sriver, get the CJ8000 both sides loop or the Kokutaku 868 Tokyo from eacheng.  For Bryce, can't go wrong with Inspirit Quattro regular from colestt.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by Bobobo Bobobo wrote:

For Sriver, get the CJ8000 both sides loop or the Kokutaku 868 Tokyo from eacheng.  For Bryce, can't go wrong with Inspirit Quattro regular from colestt.

In my experience Inspirit quattro or IQUL are closer to Sriver than Bryce.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 9:27pm
Nittaku Hammond and Hammond Pro Alpha come a bit close to Bryce in terms of playing characteristics

TIBHAR Rapid is TIBHAR's Sriver
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 5:41am
All these rubbers are damn very slow without speedglue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic