FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Russian Nationals 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russian Nationals 2017
    Posted: 02/19/2017 at 1:14pm
A few videos from this year's Russian Nationals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuEfWxdzX-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjF8xsTUQDk&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49yRmBU42o4
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 10:42pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 12:23am
Did Shibaev and Skachkov play?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 3:17pm
Shibaev only played team matches (perhaps he was too tired after some European tournaments). Skachkov lost to Lakeev in QF (4-1).  Alas, video of that match is not available - you can watch some of the moments here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eLl0jQXivg

starting at about 2.50:00, they are playing at the table in the background. The front table (#2) shows other MS quarterfinals but since the camera is fixed you do not get to switch between tables; Skachkov-Lakeev were playing at table #1 and that match (as far as I know) was not videotaped (but I might be wrong)

I would not mind watching it -- I like Lakeev's style and technique very much. He is not very well known outside of Russia (he is a player of about WR #100-150 level but he doesn't get to go to international tournaments that often).
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2017 at 10:32am
A great quote from interview with MS gold medalist Alexey Liventsov

— If you could add/change something in the rules of table tennis, what would you do?
— If I could do that I would rather suggest to cease this flood of aimless "rule updates" and stop  torturing the players. I cannot find a better word for it. I think the number of changes we had in the last 16 years (if I am not mistaken it began in 2001 when they cut the sets shorter, from 21 to 11 points) no other sport has suffered. And if it were really for the betterment of the sport, if there were any real results, like rise of table tennis' popularity! but for now we are all left with a feeling that every new rule is just another business-project for some higher-ups. We do not see more TV coverage, players' income has not risen at all, but gear expenses, tournament accreditation went up almost 100% and keep on rising.

+ 100
MissTori88 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissTori88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 11:22am
Thanks for the video! I love to watch Alexey Liventsov playing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic