Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Andro Rasant series - discontinued and replaced
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasant series - discontinued and replaced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Rasant series - discontinued and replaced
    Posted: 03/29/2018 at 8:56pm
I've skimmed this thread but my general opinion is that product lines are way too bloated. 
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

This kind of approach might be the way to go.  Look at ESN from the same "generation", with the same kind of factory tuning.  Evolution MX-P/EL-P, Bluefire M1/M2, Joola MAAX.  Current ESN releases are just different, Rasanter really doesn't feel much like the original Rasant line at all.

Interesting. Wasn't the Bluefire line known to be pretty fragile or short lived? Even the year old sheet of rasant that I have seems pretty good.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

1 year later and I am disappointed that plain old Rasant was discontinued. 

I have tried Rasanter R42 and found it lacking.

It does not have the classic Japanese-style feel that Rasant offers.

It is not as versatile. Rasant does everything well. It is not awful at anything and is very easy and powerful for service, short game, hitting, opening loop for backhand, and can even occasionally chop.

Is there another ESN rubber that is closer to Rasant than Rasanter? 
I do not like the feel of Rasanter on the same blade.

As far I remember, Rasant was 45º hardness. Did you try Bluefire M2? Both have same hardness.

This kind of approach might be the way to go.  Look at ESN from the same "generation", with the same kind of factory tuning.  Evolution MX-P/EL-P, Bluefire M1/M2, Joola MAAX.  Current ESN releases are just different, Rasanter really doesn't feel much like the original Rasant line at all.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Thumbs Up "Rasantissimo" LOL

Eventually they will have a slower version called Rasantito.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

It is not as versatile. Rasant does everything well. It is not awful at anything and is very easy and powerful for service, short game, hitting, opening loop for backhand, and can even occasionally chop.

As far I remember, Rasant was 45º hardness. Did you try Bluefire M2? Both have same hardness.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2018 at 1:36am
I got rasant beat 1.7 for about $25 in tt11 about a month ago. I already have a powergrip max on my fh. These are good rubbers and definition of catapult effect. sad to see them being decommissioned. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2018 at 11:24pm

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2017 at 10:54am
I play with rasant pg fh, bh rasant grip 1.9 on both, I going to stay with the  brand and rasanter 2.0 bh and fh, I,ve still got two new rubbers in power grip and grip.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 11:40pm
Thumbs Up "Rasantissimo" LOL
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 8:39pm
Rasantissimo, the rubber that does not discriminate with respect to race, religion, gender, transgender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and species.  Bringing tolerance, and extreme speed, to heretofore undreamed of possibilities.

Andro go bragh!

Edited by berndt_mann - 03/03/2017 at 9:00pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Bjoern Bjoern wrote:

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

In this certain case: Don't worry. Rasant was/is such a successful rubber, that it would not make sense to directly delete the ITTF approval.

So just to clarify, Rasant will be discontinued because Rasanter is much better, but because Rasant was so successful, Andro will not delete it from ITTF approval? Confused

I cannot see the logic in removing a product that is supposedly successful, even if they make a 'better' product. I also know from personal experience that no new rubber is better in every way...it will be better for some, and worse for others.

Anyway, Andro is a smart company that must have good reasons, but I suspect there may be a little more to it than just discontinuing Rasant because Rasanter is 'better'.

Well, we have players and retailers worldwide complaining about rubber ranges, which are growing year by year. Only players, who are really deep into table tennis and who have knowledge about products, are able to choose their rubbers and blades on their own without asking shop owners for help.
Retailers nowadays refuse to offer all products of a single brand, because it is just too much to handle for them.
We do not see any reason, why we should go on like this.
Compared to other sports, table tennis is the only market in which brands are just putting more and more products on the market, while they are struggling to cancel older products in order to make their range easier to understand.

With Rasanter we are convinced, that we are offering a rubber, which provides big advantages to former Rasant players but also to an even bigger group of players.
So, with view to these facts: There is no sense in going on with a good rubber (Rasant), when you already have a better rubber (Rasanter) for minimum the same group of players.

A question here. Given that the Hexer series is the 4th-generation Tensor, what would the Rasant series be? The Rasanter series?
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 6:21pm
Rasantest sounds a lot better than Rasanter IMO.

Edit*** They might be saving that name for the third release of the series.
I guess, they could call the fourth release "Mostest Rasanterest."

Edited by ericd937 - 03/03/2017 at 7:02pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 6:19pm
Krambambuli!  So Rasant is an adverb, not an adjective, meaning "rapidly" in German.  Thus Rasanter, meaning more rapidly, makes perfect sense.  (Hmm.  Wonder what "Tackifire" means in both Japanese and English.)

In English, I can think of offhand three synonyms for rapid:  fast, speedy, and quick.  All three can be made into superlatives:  fastest, speediest, and quickest.  Thus, though it may not be exquisite German, adverbially speaking, there is no reason in my military mind why Andro could not come up with a rubber called Rasantest, the fastest, speediest, quickest rubber this table tennis culture has yet to see.
bmann1942
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 6:14pm
Switching to a different brand wouldn't make transitioning any easier, but I still have to transition. I might as well go with a rubber that won't be discontinued when a new one comes out. Yes, I know all brands discontinue rubbers from time to time, but I highly doubt Butterfly will be discontinuing Tenergy anytime soon. Any word on when Tenergyer is coming out?

Edited by ericd937 - 03/03/2017 at 6:17pm
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 6:09pm

I've been playing Rasant Grip on my backhand for more than 2 years. This kind of pisses me off. I might switch to another brand. Last time I changed my short pimples, it took me about 4 weeks to really get zoned in with the new rubber. I don't really feel like doing that again. Also, doesn't anyone else think the new name "Rasanter" sounds dumb? The packaging is ugly too. I don't feel excited about this.

How would switching to a different brand make the transition easier? If anything, I would stick with the same brand because they have the ability to make the new rubber more similar to the old one than other brands do. 

Also, IMO rubber packaging should not be a factor in deciding to buy a rubber. I get that nice packaging is appreciated, but it is the quality of the rubber that counts. 
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 6:09pm
Furthermore, rapidly is an adverb. We usually ad "er" on the end of adjectives. However, as you said... it's German. I wouldn't know. I'm just telling you what I think as a native English speaker.

Edited by ericd937 - 03/03/2017 at 6:10pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 6:07pm
If rasant means rapidly, then rasanter would mean rapidlyer. See what I mean?
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 5:25pm

Also, doesn't anyone else think the new name "Rasanter" sounds dumb?

I doesn't sound dumb, at least not if you know German. "Rasant" means "rapidly" and "Rasanter" means "more rapidly".
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2017 at 5:19pm
I've been playing Rasant Grip on my backhand for more than 2 years. This kind of pisses me off. I might switch to another brand. Last time I changed my short pimples, it took me about 4 weeks to really get zoned in with the new rubber. I don't really feel like doing that again. Also, doesn't anyone else think the new name "Rasanter" sounds dumb? The packaging is ugly too. I don't feel excited about this.

Edited by ericd937 - 03/03/2017 at 5:21pm
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2017 at 4:54am

In this certain case: Don't worry. Rasant was/is such a successful rubber, that it would not make sense to directly delete the ITTF approval.

So just to clarify, Rasant will be discontinued because Rasanter is much better, but because Rasant was so successful, Andro will not delete it from ITTF approval? Confused

I cannot see the logic in removing a product that is supposedly successful, even if they make a 'better' product. I also know from personal experience that no new rubber is better in every way...it will be better for some, and worse for others.

Anyway, Andro is a smart company that must have good reasons, but I suspect there may be a little more to it than just discontinuing Rasant because Rasanter is 'better'.

Well, we have players and retailers worldwide complaining about rubber ranges, which are growing year by year. Only players, who are really deep into table tennis and who have knowledge about products, are able to choose their rubbers and blades on their own without asking shop owners for help.
Retailers nowadays refuse to offer all products of a single brand, because it is just too much to handle for them.
We do not see any reason, why we should go on like this.
Compared to other sports, table tennis is the only market in which brands are just putting more and more products on the market, while they are struggling to cancel older products in order to make their range easier to understand.

With Rasanter we are convinced, that we are offering a rubber, which provides big advantages to former Rasant players but also to an even bigger group of players.
So, with view to these facts: There is no sense in going on with a good rubber (Rasant), when you already have a better rubber (Rasanter) for minimum the same group of players.

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 8:12pm

There is no reason to delete the Hexer series.
They are successful, many players are using them and they have their own target group.
So everything is OK. ;-)

In case of Rasant & RASANTER it just did not make any sense to go on with the old rubber, when you have a much better rubber now.

All the best
Björn

@Bjoern
Genuinely curious - in your opinion what are the target groups for Hexer and Rasant? Hope it's not considered proprietary info.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 7:11pm

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 8:30am

How long after a rubber is discontinued will it be removed from the LARC?

I think that for the benefit of the consumers, a manufacturer should ensure that even though a rubber is discontinued, it should remain legal for at least a year or two.

The decision to stop the ITTF approval for a rubber is usually made by the brand.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:53pm
I only wish for the various European brands to refrain from branching off any particular model so much. Look at Xiom. It is a total mess.

I lost the interest to try out the Rasant series simply because of that, after what happened to the Hexer series. It gives off the sensation of beta-testing by paying end-users.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:24pm
How long after a rubber is discontinued will it be removed from the LARC?

I think that for the benefit of the consumers, a manufacturer should ensure that even though a rubber is discontinued, it should remain legal for at least a year or two.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:31am
Hexer > Hexer+ > Hexer Duro > Hexer Powersponge > Hexer HD > Hexer Ultra? Hexer 4K? Hexer 8K?

Edited by zeio - 02/22/2017 at 9:33am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:20am
Hexidope.  Hexiest.  Herxerama.  Hexerific.  Hexeriferous.  Hexominable.

On a more serious note, I am really fascinated by the concept of reducing pip length dramatically and matching topsheet hardness to undelying sponge.  I hope manufacturers can provide info on the pips in their future marketing info.

Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:54am
Hexer is no adjective in German language. So this idea does not work unfortunately.
But I am sure, that in case we decide to update Hexer in the future, we are able to find any other new name that makes it into discussions. ;-)

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 3:24pm
Again, not that I give a flying pomegranate, but if the choice is ever made to discontinue Hexer, what's gonna replace it?  Hexest?
bmann1942
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I wonder how they get the topsheet thin?  By virtually eliminating the pips, as with Nexy Karis?

Also, I wonder if the Donic Blues T1 is similar in design to the Rasanter and the Karis as it too has comparatively short pips on the inverted topsheet:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic