Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Andro Rasant series - discontinued and replaced
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Rasant series - discontinued and replaced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andro Rasant series - discontinued and replaced
    Posted: 02/20/2017 at 3:32pm
Apparently, the Andro Rasant series will be discontinued: http://www.tt-spin.de/goodbye-andro-rasant/ 

Clearly, Andro believes its "Rasanter" series, which will hit the markets on 3/12, is a superior product.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Sponsored Links

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 3:38pm
Probably explains why Rasant rubbers are on sale at tt11 since last week. I grabbed a couple :)
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

Apparently, the Andro Rasant series will be discontinued: http://www.tt-spin.de/goodbye-andro-rasant/ 

Clearly, Andro believes its "Rasanter" series, which will hit the markets on 3/12, is a superior product.

Lamentable.  Not that it matters to me, who when I do play use a long discontinued pre-ITTF approval hard rubber (British Leyland), but one wonders if the ITTF were to introduce a somewhat larger ball, say 42 mm. will there be an Andro Rasantest series, which would be the most superlative Rasant of them all.

bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 4:49pm
I thought people who use rasant were known as "Rasanters"

- former rasanter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 5:02pm
[QUOTE=rocketman222]I thought people who use rasant were known as "Rasanters"

- former rasanter [/QUOTE

Tune:  The Gay Musician

I was a gay (that is, cheerful) Rasanter; I practiced every day.
And people came from miles around just to see me play.
With Andro, with Andro--
! loved to play with Andro!
Loop loop loo loo loo loop loop
Loop loop loo loo loo loop loop.....

bmann1942
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

Lamentable.  Not that it matters to me, who when I do play use a long discontinued pre-ITTF approval hard rubber (British Leyland), but one wonders if the ITTF were to introduce a somewhat larger ball, say 42 mm. will there be an Andro Rasantest series, which would be the most superlative Rasant of them all.

And after that, something called "Really Rasanty" or even "Rasantilicious"
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 6:57pm
Every new product is announced to be superior than its predecessor, manufacturers are really 'improving' their product rapidly, yay! 
Fly away!
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2017 at 7:43pm
Waiting for Rasanter...er.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 3:10am

How long is rasant legal for?
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 4:09am
By courtesy of Google Translate:
Quote After many rumors about the popular series of andro Rasant in recent days, I have now official confirmation. The andro Rasant pads will leak and are completely replaced by the new andro Rasanter flooring series!

There you have it. Why do a recall for your defective product when you can just sweep it under the rug...I mean a new flooring.

But seriously, that's unusual for Andro to make this move. I, for one, think they have gone way overboard with the branching.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 4:54am
I read somewhere that there had been a long-running court case in germany over the use of the name "Rasant" between Andro and another company, and that ultimately Andro have been forced to stop using it.  Hence the need for the new name and the dropping of the older models.  I can't find the link now though, so possibly #fakenews.

Andro have a slight advantage with Rasanter in that it's already on the current LARC, so they don't need to wait until 1st April for the new LARC to arrive (unlike Donic with Bluestorm, for example).  So they have a little bit of lead time.  The new 2.3mm super-thick sponge with thin topsheet sounds interesting.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 6:35am
I wonder how they get the topsheet thin?  By virtually eliminating the pips, as with Nexy Karis?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I wonder how they get the topsheet thin?  By virtually eliminating the pips, as with Nexy Karis?

Not sure yet, but it could be an extension of the super-thin topsheet stuff we saw with Acuda Blue and Rasant Beat.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 8:29am
Unfortunately I never tried any of those.  How did they get those to be thin?
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I read somewhere that there had been a long-running court case in germany over the use of the name "Rasant" between Andro and another company, and that ultimately Andro have been forced to stop using it.  Hence the need for the new name and the dropping of the older models.  I can't find the link now though, so possibly #fakenews.

#fakenews is correct.
We decided to stop Rasant, because RASANTER is just so much better.
There is no need to offer two rubber series with six rubbers each for the same group of players.
From our point of view it was just a consequent decision to replace Rasant by RASANTER.

Best regards
Björn
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Bjoern Bjoern wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

#fakenews is correct.
There is no need to offer two rubber series with six rubbers each for the same group of players.
From our point of view it was just a consequent decision to replace Rasant by RASANTER.

Best regards
Björn

And there we go!  Mindless gossip, cut down in its prime!

Many thanks for the clarification.  I'm sure there were lots of rumours kicking around when stores realised they couldn't get restocks.

Well, it all sounds super exciting, and I'm looking forward to giving them a try.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 9:47am

What you pay for.
http://www.sundns.org/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=288192&highlight=m40

What you get, 15 hours in, 5 times of normal matches, not training, and on the backhand.
http://www.sundns.org/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=7522&pid=60489

Edited by zeio - 02/21/2017 at 9:53am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 10:26am
Ouch Zeio!  That is pretty sad

Fortunately Karis holds up reasonably well.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 10:38am
[/QUOTE]
#fakenews is correct.

Best regards
Björn
[/QUOTE]

Will the Hexer series be discontinued too? Wouldn't it be just so much 'inferior' to the new gen ESN rubbers? Cry
Fly away!
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

#fakenews is correct.

Best regards
Björn
[/QUOTE]

Will the Hexer series be discontinued too? Wouldn't it be just so much 'inferior' to the new gen ESN rubbers? Cry
[/QUOTE]
There is no reason to delete the Hexer series.
They are successful, many players are using them and they have their own target group.
So everything is OK. ;-)

In case of Rasant & RASANTER it just did not make any sense to go on with the old rubber, when you have a much better rubber now.

All the best
Björn

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 3:04pm

Also, I wonder if the Donic Blues T1 is similar in design to the Rasanter and the Karis as it too has comparatively short pips on the inverted topsheet:
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 3:24pm
Again, not that I give a flying pomegranate, but if the choice is ever made to discontinue Hexer, what's gonna replace it?  Hexest?
bmann1942
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:54am
Hexer is no adjective in German language. So this idea does not work unfortunately.
But I am sure, that in case we decide to update Hexer in the future, we are able to find any other new name that makes it into discussions. ;-)

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:20am
Hexidope.  Hexiest.  Herxerama.  Hexerific.  Hexeriferous.  Hexominable.

On a more serious note, I am really fascinated by the concept of reducing pip length dramatically and matching topsheet hardness to undelying sponge.  I hope manufacturers can provide info on the pips in their future marketing info.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:31am
Hexer > Hexer+ > Hexer Duro > Hexer Powersponge > Hexer HD > Hexer Ultra? Hexer 4K? Hexer 8K?

Edited by zeio - 02/22/2017 at 9:33am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:24pm
How long after a rubber is discontinued will it be removed from the LARC?

I think that for the benefit of the consumers, a manufacturer should ensure that even though a rubber is discontinued, it should remain legal for at least a year or two.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:53pm
I only wish for the various European brands to refrain from branching off any particular model so much. Look at Xiom. It is a total mess.

I lost the interest to try out the Rasant series simply because of that, after what happened to the Hexer series. It gives off the sensation of beta-testing by paying end-users.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Bjoern View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjoern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 8:30am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

How long after a rubber is discontinued will it be removed from the LARC?

I think that for the benefit of the consumers, a manufacturer should ensure that even though a rubber is discontinued, it should remain legal for at least a year or two.

The decision to stop the ITTF approval for a rubber is usually made by the brand.

In this certain case: Don't worry. Rasant was/is such a successful rubber, that it would not make sense to directly delete the ITTF approval.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 7:11pm

In this certain case: Don't worry. Rasant was/is such a successful rubber, that it would not make sense to directly delete the ITTF approval.

So just to clarify, Rasant will be discontinued because Rasanter is much better, but because Rasant was so successful, Andro will not delete it from ITTF approval? Confused

I cannot see the logic in removing a product that is supposedly successful, even if they make a 'better' product. I also know from personal experience that no new rubber is better in every way...it will be better for some, and worse for others.

Anyway, Andro is a smart company that must have good reasons, but I suspect there may be a little more to it than just discontinuing Rasant because Rasanter is 'better'.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 8:12pm

There is no reason to delete the Hexer series.
They are successful, many players are using them and they have their own target group.
So everything is OK. ;-)

In case of Rasant & RASANTER it just did not make any sense to go on with the old rubber, when you have a much better rubber now.

All the best
Björn

@Bjoern
Genuinely curious - in your opinion what are the target groups for Hexer and Rasant? Hope it's not considered proprietary info.
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic