FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Backhand flick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backhand flick
    Posted: 02/22/2017 at 1:30am
For those of you having trouble with this shot, this video might help Tongue

Sponsored Links

Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:05am
I would say, I needed to replay it again and again to focus on the lesson.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 3:58am
Off topic, but anyone have diamond ring up in the For Sale section? Smile
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

Could be pretty high maintenance with a Table Tennis habit...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

Could be pretty high maintenance with a Table Tennis habit...

haha
Girl who is an Equipment Junkie vs shoe junkie-- what's worse (on the wallet)?
*seems like a ripe Poll topic LOL
CyberInferno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 5:29am
That racquet face is very closed. Seems like there is very little margin of error here which means I just have to practice a lot!
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:34am
It's so hard to focus on the technique
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:47am
off topic, I would like to talk about the technique, where everyone seems to be talking about the girl.  She's contacting the ball on the descent - does anyone know if it should be on the ascent or descent?
CyberInferno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberInferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

off topic, I would like to talk about the technique, where everyone seems to be talking about the girl.  She's contacting the ball on the descent - does anyone know if it should be on the ascent or descent?
I honestly didn't even notice she was that cute. Maybe just my current obsession with table tennis and my being married cause me to actually focus on her play.

The video emphasized that you should be making contact with the ball at its highest point, but maybe her form wasn't quite perfect on all those shots.

Edited by CyberInferno - 02/23/2017 at 11:54am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by CyberInferno CyberInferno wrote:

I honestly didn't even notice she was that cute. Maybe just my current obsession with table tennis and my being married cause me to actually focus on her play.

The video emphasized that you should be making contact with the ball at its highest point, but maybe her form wasn't quite perfect on all those shots.
I didn't see that emphasis - thanks for pointing that out.  With that being said, being married should not necessary mean that you are dead (as to noticing cuties).
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 12:07pm

I think it's easier if you contact the ball at the highest point, being more margin for error getting over the net. Having said that, I some times take it a bit after if I want to add in some extra side/top spin, giving a slower but spinnier ball -- which I don't think is a "better" ball unless your opponent is weaker against such a shot. In Dima's tutorial I believe he says if you are late to the ball, you have to swing too much upward and won't get a quality shot.  
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

I think it's easier if you contact the ball at the highest point, being more margin for error getting over the net. Having said that, I some times take it a bit after if I want to add in some extra side/top spin, giving a slower but spinnier ball -- which I don't think is a "better" ball unless your opponent is weaker against such a shot. In Dima's tutorial I believe he says if you are late to the ball, you have to swing too much upward and won't get a quality shot.  
makes sense, I started practicing the banana flip seriously this week and found it to be easier on the ascent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic