Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Really disappointed in XSF/TT11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really disappointed in XSF/TT11
    Posted: 02/23/2017 at 5:28am
I play table tennis almost every day, and have been searching for a decently priced plastic ball. I've tried the Tibhar 40+ SL, Tibhar SYNTT, Xiom and XSF. A few months ago I ordered around 6 x Xiom 6pc and 5 x XSF 6pc packs. It seemed like both brands had approximately the same percentage of excellent round balls (2-3 out of each pack of 6) and the remaining balls were mostly playable. Out of the total of 66 balls, I think I had maybe 5-6 balls that were so bad that they were totally unplayable.

Since XSF was cheaper, this time I placed an order for 10 x XSF 6pc. This has to be the most disappointing table tennis purchase I have ever made. I have opened 4 boxes so far, and out of those 24 balls I have found only 3 that are actually round. I have had to throw away 7 balls because they wobble so badly it's impossible to even practice with them.

I don't know if XSF has ridiculously poor quality control, or TT11 is damaging the balls during storage or transport, but this is just unacceptable, and I'm posting this to warn people that the 5 star reviews on the XSF 3 star balls might apply to previous batches but I have definitely not had a 5 star experience with this purchase.
Sponsored Links

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 5:46am
Next time buy Nittaku training balls from TT11, made in japan and great price/quality ratio

Edited by vajica - 02/23/2017 at 7:04am
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 6:03am
XSF is by far the best ball on the market! I have broken only 3 after 2 months of 4 days 3 hours per week training sessions.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

XSF is by far the best ball on the market! I have broken only 3 after 2 months of 4 days 3 hours per week training sessions.

+1

Of the 3 balls in last 2 months, only 1 cracked while playing. The other two I had to break myself as they lost some grip after playing for very long and I was afraid that they would slip off the bat during matches and may also negatively effect strokes during training sessions. They are more durable than nittaku 3 star premium 40+.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:02am
Rhainur ,check the four letters somewhere on the box, that will indicate the manufacturing date and post it to see when the balls where made, although they must fairly recent

All the new 40+ plastic have it stamped, but shouldn't be that bad unless TT11 is getting the lower quality balls, but imo it's unlikely
still testing

GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:20am
Doubtful TT11 will be able to do anything about it.

Send your experience to Xushaofa and see if they will do anything about it.  Include a link to this thread in your message.  Posting issues on a public forum can sometimes shame prod a company into resolving the issue.

http://www.xushaofa-sports.com/contact/

BTW, the Xiom balls are seamless and allegedly made in the same factory as the Xushaofa balls.

Edited by GMan4911 - 02/23/2017 at 11:22am
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:53am
I don't see the point to blame TT11 unless they did not pack the balls well. 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 12:34pm
I spoke with Tom at Zeropong a while back and he said it makes a big difference at which time the balls are shipped. If they are stored/shipped in a hot climate this can cause them to warp.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 12:54pm
I had this issue before, they were defected according to TT11. Refunded with no issues.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 1:57pm
I've noticed that too, the last couple times I went for XuShaoFa I could barely pick 2 balls in a set of 6. Exact same story for Tibhar 40+ seamless, which is the same ball. I swore I wouldn't touch anything else other than Nittaku premium, but ran into another problem. Nittaku is so good that it makes it hard to switch to another (seamless) ball at the drop of a hat and, as it stands, seamless is far more popular in league play and tournaments. I always knew this was going to happen, but I'm done buying eggs. Best I can do is keep one or two good seamless ones in the bag and bring them out only before a match.

p.s. I got them from a local distributor myself, no connection to tabletennis11.

Edited by Lestat - 02/23/2017 at 2:00pm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

I've noticed that too, the last couple times I went for XuShaoFa I could barely pick 2 balls in a set of 6. Exact same story for Tibhar 40+ seamless, which is the same ball. I swore I wouldn't touch anything else other than Nittaku premium, but ran into another problem. Nittaku is so good that it makes it hard to switch to another (seamless) ball at the drop of a hat and, as it stands, seamless is far more popular in league play and tournaments. I always knew this was going to happen, but I'm done buying eggs. Best I can do is keep one or two good seamless ones in the bag and bring them out only before a match.

p.s. I got them from a local distributor myself, no connection to tabletennis11.

Ive recently played with the new Joola p-ball and its great, very similar to NP40+, if want to try something other than the NP40+. . BTY G40+ is good quality also.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 7:02pm
Any information about lot number on the box ?
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Ive recently played with the new Joola p-ball and its great, very similar to NP40+, if want to try something other than the NP40+. . BTY G40+ is good quality also.

G40+ is ok, sounds like one of those hobby ping pong balls but otherwise I kinda like it. Never tried the Joola.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:29am
Hello,

Very sad to hear about your bad experience with the XSF balls. We've forwarded your complaint to Xushaofa. We will let you know about their response. 

Tabletennis11.com storages and transports balls according to the manufacturers requirements.

Annes Org
Marketing Manager

Originally posted by Rhainur Rhainur wrote:

I play table tennis almost every day, and have been searching for a decently priced plastic ball. I've tried the Tibhar 40+ SL, Tibhar SYNTT, Xiom and XSF. A few months ago I ordered around 6 x Xiom 6pc and 5 x XSF 6pc packs. It seemed like both brands had approximately the same percentage of excellent round balls (2-3 out of each pack of 6) and the remaining balls were mostly playable. Out of the total of 66 balls, I think I had maybe 5-6 balls that were so bad that they were totally unplayable.

Since XSF was cheaper, this time I placed an order for 10 x XSF 6pc. This has to be the most disappointing table tennis purchase I have ever made. I have opened 4 boxes so far, and out of those 24 balls I have found only 3 that are actually round. I have had to throw away 7 balls because they wobble so badly it's impossible to even practice with them.

I don't know if XSF has ridiculously poor quality control, or TT11 is damaging the balls during storage or transport, but this is just unacceptable, and I'm posting this to warn people that the 5 star reviews on the XSF 3 star balls might apply to previous batches but I have definitely not had a 5 star experience with this purchase.

Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 10:35pm

I don't know if XSF has ridiculously poor quality control, or TT11 is damaging the balls during storage or transport, but this is just

unacceptable, and I'm posting this to warn people that the 5 star reviews on the XSF 3 star balls might apply to previous batches but I have definitely not had a 5 star experience with this purchase.

Take it the other way alround ,now that u have those eggs may actually help

Since their bounce would be more unpredictable they would keep u on ur toes and force u to be ready to hit/play them

So in the long run u may benefit and help develop faster reaction time

Or not !!!!
still testing

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 11:15pm
That goes beyond saying the glass is half full. That is saying "wow, there's a glass!" and being totally happy.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 6:06am
In my club we use exclusively XSF. There are hardly two balls per box which are perfectly round......apart from the shape they seemed to be the most durable and BTY G40+ the most fragile
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

That goes beyond saying the glass is half full. That is saying "wow, there's a glass!" and being totally happy.

??? It was about bad balls or at best good eggs,depending on the state of hunger/mind that the reader encounters himself..lol

Edited by Tuly007 - 02/26/2017 at 12:15am
still testing

Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 4:56am
Originally posted by achoomai achoomai wrote:

Any information about lot number on the box ?
The only number I can find on the box is below the barcode and the number that they all have is

6 924474 728298
Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 4:58am

This is the problem that I face. Our club uses Tibhar 40+ SL in tournaments, which feels VERY different from Nittaku.

What really annoys me is not just that the plastic balls are more expensive than the celluloid ones used to be, but that the consistency seems to have gone DOWN since then. Ideally I could find one brand and just stick with it, but I don't know when that'll be possible
Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 4:59am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I spoke with Tom at Zeropong a while back and he said it makes a big difference at which time the balls are shipped. If they are stored/shipped in a hot climate this can cause them to warp.
I live in the UAE, which means the balls are going to be stored/shipped in a hot climate for 2/3 of the year. Am I doomed to warped balls for the rest of my life here? Cry
Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

Hello,

Very sad to hear about your bad experience with the XSF balls. We've forwarded your complaint to Xushaofa. We will let you know about their response. 

Tabletennis11.com storages and transports balls according to the manufacturers requirements.

Annes Org
Marketing Manager
Hi Annes,

Naturally I'd also used the contact form to complain about this issue, and here is the response that I received:

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about your comments regarding XSF balls,

Unfortunately the production process today does not guarantee good quality of table tennis balls.

We have complains for all balls including Nittaku Premium. 

Many players are disappointed with the quality of new plastic balls. We can not claim the quality to the suppliers from our side as there are neither standards nor procedure to check the roundness. 

I am very sorry about this situation.

Sincerely,
Sergei
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 10:05am
Wow Rhainur!

That is terrible!  Basically he is saying that sorry dude, our balls may be utter crap, not much we can do (we are only the manufacturer), you are on your own mother#$%^.

Of course there are standards and procedures to check the roundness!  They just don't want to do it.

By the way Rhainur, I live in Houston and have kept seamless balls in the trunk of my car in summer without them going out of round.  It is not quite as hot here as Dubai, but it is still very hot.  I think the temperature thing is BS.  I think that XSF just don't want to have to throw away bad balls when they can get away with selling them instead!

I recommend buying seamless balls from someone else (like Xiom or Nexy) or better yet, just pay more and play with Nittaku Premium.  Now the seamless balls may come from the same factory, but those companies decide which ones to sell or not sell.  They can set their own QC standards.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 10:19am
Baal

looks like this answer from TT11, not from XSF
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 10:42am
Piligrim, yes I think you're right, reading again. 

All the same, XSF can certainly test their balls and I am not buying into the temperature from shipping idea.  I have some concerns about their quality control these days (meaning the balls that they choose to put their label on and ship out as 3*).

I like seamless balls, but I'm not buying them from XSF any more.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 10:45am
I don't know if he could ship to dubai, but the best quality and value in seamless plastic balls is yinhe blue 3* from colestt.com. they are round, last forever unless stepped on and <$1/ball. Preferable to xsf, which is weird since xsf is the manufacturer selling to yinhe.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I don't know if he could ship to dubai, but the best quality and value in seamless plastic balls is yinhe blue 3* from colestt.com. they are round, last forever unless stepped on and <$1/ball. Preferable to xsf, which is weird since xsf is the manufacturer selling to yinhe.

I thought the Red ones were the better of the 2 new Yinhe versions?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 10:55am

Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

Hello,

Annes Org
Marketing Manager
Hi Annes,

Naturally I'd also used the contact form to complain about this issue, and here is the response that I received:

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about your comments regarding XSF balls,

Unfortunately the production process today does not guarantee good quality of table tennis balls.

We have complains for all balls including Nittaku Premium. 

Many players are disappointed with the quality of new plastic balls. We can not claim the quality to the suppliers from our side as there are neither standards nor procedure to check the roundness. 

I am very sorry about this situation.

Sincerely,
Sergei

Typical of the far east in regards to manufacturing in our sport.......totally no responsibility and intellectually dishonest.    The XSF response is almost comical to me......then it quickly turns into vacuous shame. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

I thought the Red ones were the better of the 2 new Yinhe versions?

They are the same.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 3:15pm
Yinhe by far have the best priced quality seamless balls, even the 2* Cole gave me were quite playable. I might be tempted to try a one star if they had one but I wouldn't risk buying it though. But XSF had lost quality for a while now. We broke about 15 balls on one table this weekend in a tournament, though I have to admit that these were 1900-2400 rated ball bashers doing the breaking. The original ones with the funny logo are still the best but the Western logo had always been a notch below and sometimes worse than that.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/28/2017 at 3:16pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic