Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rosewood NCT 7 for med pimples?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosewood NCT 7 for med pimples?
    Posted: 02/26/2017 at 9:43am
Hi Guys,

I Want to know you opinon on rosewood nct 7 with med pimples? Does anyone use this setup? or with any sort of pimples? I currently use a viscaria for my med pimples and feel its great control, however i feel i want it to be a tad faster. Also, what is the top ply of the rosewood nct 7? It seems harder than Viscara's Koto.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 9:57am
If you can handle the weight and vibration it would be ok. I do prefer the rw5 though
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

Hi Guys,

I Want to know you opinon on rosewood nct 7 with med pimples? Does anyone use this setup? or with any sort of pimples? I currently use a viscaria for my med pimples and feel its great control, however i feel i want it to be a tad faster. Also, what is the top ply of the rosewood nct 7? It seems harder than Viscara's Koto.

i played with rw7 and sp good combo
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 12:17pm
Jesus cantero plays with Rosewood 7 and Butterfly Raystorm on FH. I use hexer pips on yasaka goiabao (which is similar to rosewood 5, maybe little harder and stiffer) and I like this setup a lot. I think spinny medium pips like 729's 563 or spinlord keiler should be as good.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Jesus cantero plays with Rosewood 7 and Butterfly Raystorm on FH. I use hexer pips on yasaka goiabao (which is similar to rosewood 5, maybe little harder and stiffer) and I like this setup a lot. I think spinny medium pips like 729's 563 or spinlord keiler should be as good.

are you sure about canteros pips? i knew he played with flarestorm and yasaka overdrive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

are you sure about canteros pips? i knew he played with flarestorm and yasaka overdrive

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?14181-Leaked-players-equipment-from-European-Championships-2016

See no. 36 Jesus cantero
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 6:43pm
Thanks guys. I was wondering if rosewood nct 7 would be better than viscaria in terms of control and speed for the med pips? However since viscaria has ALC it has more margin of error than rosewood it would be easier to use?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2017 at 10:32pm

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?14181-Leaked-players-equipment-from-European-Championships-2016

See no. 36 Jesus cantero

I think there must be a mistake .raystorm are too soft and no sink. i found some bad info in that list

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 12:13am

Thanks guys. I was wondering if rosewood nct 7 would be better than viscaria in terms of control and speed for the med pips? However since viscaria has ALC it has more margin of error than rosewood it would be easier to use?

For medium pips, I'd say viscaria would have less margin of error than RW7. I have not used either of these blades but if I were to apply some common sense (given the physical properties of these two blades) and my experiance, I conclude medium pips don't do very well with flex blades. Viscaria (5.8mm thick, alc) is a flex blade, good for looping with inverted.

In general, pips users don't wanna loop, they wanna hit and block. Pips require hard and low flex (not entirely stiff) blades. This is the reason why many favour blades like stiga clipper for short pips. However, there are people who use medium pips with flex blades and are happy with it, like another forum member, rainer87, who use Dr. Neubauer Diamant medium pips with YEO. Ai fukuhara uses Armstrong attack 8 medium pips with nittaku acoustic. So there's some subjective preference in this matter.

If you were to get a RW7, you might feel a better sense of "control" with the pips but that does not necessarily mean it would be faster (unless you use tensor medium pips on max sponge). Plus, it would take quite some time in adjusting your strokes to this low flex blade. And, if you're using inverted for looping on the other side of your viscaria, then your inverted strokes will suffer a lot more. If this is the case, you should get a blade that has flex somewhat close to viscaria but has harder outer ply. Rw5, ebenholz 5, yasaka goiabao 5 all should be good. Goiabao is cheaper and hardness is in between Rw5 and eb5 so I recommend you should give that a try. RW7 is like going too far from your current blade type.

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 02/27/2017 at 12:24am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 12:28am
bbkon, you should try finding jesus cantero's social media page and ask him about his equipment directly. There is no other more accurate way to find out than this

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 02/27/2017 at 12:29am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 1:33am

bbkon, you should try finding jesus cantero's social media page and ask him about his equipment directly. There is no other more accurate way to find out than this

the only pro playing with that pip is tasei and he s not very good
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 3:15am

For medium pips, I'd say viscaria would have less margin of error than RW7. I have not used either of these blades but if I were to apply some common sense (given the physical properties of these two blades) and my experiance, I conclude medium pips don't do very well with flex blades. Viscaria (5.8mm thick, alc) is a flex blade, good for looping with inverted.

In general, pips users don't wanna loop, they wanna hit and block. Pips require hard and low flex (not entirely stiff) blades. This is the reason why many favour blades like stiga clipper for short pips. However, there are people who use medium pips with flex blades and are happy with it, like another forum member, rainer87, who use Dr. Neubauer Diamant medium pips with YEO. Ai fukuhara uses Armstrong attack 8 medium pips with nittaku acoustic. So there's some subjective preference in this matter.

If you were to get a RW7, you might feel a better sense of "control" with the pips but that does not necessarily mean it would be faster (unless you use tensor medium pips on max sponge). Plus, it would take quite some time in adjusting your strokes to this low flex blade. And, if you're using inverted for looping on the other side of your viscaria, then your inverted strokes will suffer a lot more. If this is the case, you should get a blade that has flex somewhat close to viscaria but has harder outer ply. Rw5, ebenholz 5, yasaka goiabao 5 all should be good. Goiabao is cheaper and hardness is in between Rw5 and eb5 so I recommend you should give that a try. RW7 is like going too far from your current blade type.

thank u for ur responose. I will certainly give those blades a try :).
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 4:31am

Kunihito Tasei is much better than Jesus Cantero. He was top 8 in Japan for many years.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Kunihito Tasei is much better than Jesus Cantero. He was top 8 in Japan for many years.

well jesus has done more damage in international tournaments than tasei.canteros defeated kenta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic