Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Upgrade from Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon (occ)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade from Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon (occ)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
unprepared View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unprepared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade from Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon (occ)
    Posted: 02/27/2017 at 12:57pm
I feel that I need something a bit faster than my occ, without loosing too much control. Some blades I ‘m looking are:

Stiga Carbonado 90. Stiga says that is a lot faster than my occ, but many reviews claim that it isn’t so fast.

Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC. Is it faster than my occ?

Butterfly Freitas ALC. Looks good, seems promising.

Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit. Classic choice but I ‘m afraid that is faster and less controllable than I want. Does anybody have tested occ and any of the above blades?

I ‘m a club player (not rated) but a good one. I usually control the game, and I ‘m an allround player.

Edited by unprepared - 03/15/2017 at 5:12pm
BTY Freitas ALC, Xiom Vega Europe DF
Sponsored Links

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2017 at 1:01pm
Heard that Butterfly InnerALC. S is a decent upgrade from Offensive Classic (OC).
Fly away!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unprepared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 4:30pm
Did anybody played with the innerforce and carbonado?

Edited by unprepared - 03/15/2017 at 5:11pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2017 at 7:50pm
I would good with the innerforce but if you want a balanced speed and controk the xiom vega euro blade is awesome.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 2:31pm
I have never tried the OC Carbon but have tried all the blades on your list including the ALC S that was also suggested and I would go with the TBS. If you are an offensive player it does everything well.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 2:45pm
You can't go wrong with almost any of the butterfly ZLC and ALC blade. They are more expensive than the competition though

Carbonado 45 and 90 are probably excellent choices as well. I heard it's a tad slower than TB ALC which means it should be excellent for most people. After all, people who can say TBS / TB ALC is too slow for them are either a) a professional or b) out of their mind
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2017 at 6:30pm
Offensive NCT is similar but a bit stiffer and faster.

If you want to try a different brand Joola Viva is nice. Most of our top juniors play with it.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unprepared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 5:17pm
The problem is that Xiom doesn't makes anatomic handles.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 8:30pm
I recently acquired a Marcos Freitas ALC and can say it is faster than TBS in power shots. Also, while looping, I had to make angle adjustments (more closed) and brush the ball more on contact, due to MF's higher throw and speed. Overall, TBS feels stiffer, softer and has a larger sweet spot. MF feels harder and flexes on power shots. Both are good for spin oriented style play, but TBS has less range, where as MF still has more to give while looping away from the table.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by unprepared unprepared wrote:

The problem is that Xiom doesn't makes anatomic handles.

any info about xiom penhold handles?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic