Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BTY 2017 Rozena

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Andy thank you a lot for the pictures. The blade has viscaria light handle cups and I think it is a dhs arylate-carbon?!

It's a bit of an unfair tease by me really.  It's yet to be released.

Can't wait to see the answer of the mysterious blade. As the handle cups regards, I think I am "in" 101%, but about the blade....hmmmvery difficult to say...I will insist on a DHS arylate carbon.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Sponsored Links

Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 10:54pm
i got a chance to hit with it on someone else's blade (Korbel). Feels like a tenergy variation. The differences are too subtle and not worth arguing. It is very good rubber. I would say I agree that it is easier to play than any of the tenergies. Not faster, not spinier, but easier to play, if that makes sense. It is like retaining the liveliness of the one and only tenergy sponge, but using the more normal and linear trajectory of Rhyzm. I would probably replace my Rhyzm with it if they were same price. But Rhyzm is $30 shipped, and this is quite more than that, and i don't expect to find deals on it even on black friday. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

i got a chance to hit with it on someone else's blade (Korbel). Feels like a tenergy variation. The differences are too subtle and not worth arguing. It is very good rubber. I would say I agree that it is easier to play than any of the tenergies. Not faster, not spinier, but easier to play, if that makes sense. It is like retaining the liveliness of the one and only tenergy sponge, but using the more normal and linear trajectory of Rhyzm. I would probably replace my Rhyzm with it if they were same price. But Rhyzm is $30 shipped, and this is quite more than that, and i don't expect to find deals on it even on black friday. 

loopin with rokzena doesnt have the same kick as tenergy just a normal bounce lower arc
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:09am
All the ESN made brand tryed to compete with tenergy boosting the rubbers more and more to get extra kick for 40-45 euro per piece.
Now butterfly is trying to compete with ESN rubber (especially concerning the price) by introducing Rozena.
Life is very funny
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 9:45am
Will be using Rozena 2.1 tonight on FH/BH with my Donic Epox Offensive and give my impressions later.  I normally use 05FX on both sides...
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by mycuzinvinny mycuzinvinny wrote:

Will be using Rozena 2.1 tonight on FH/BH with my Donic Epox Offensive and give my impressions later.  I normally use 05FX on both sides...

This will be an interesting comparison.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 3:58pm

Andy thank you a lot for the pictures. The blade has viscaria light handle cups and I think it is a dhs arylate-carbon?!

Can't wait to see the answer of the mysterious blade. As the handle cups regards, I think I am "in" 101%, but about the blade....hmmmvery difficult to say...I will insist on a DHS arylate carbon.

Unfair mystery blade reveal:

This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:47pm

Edited by CraneStyle - 05/19/2017 at 8:54pm
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 1:17am
at 4:05 he uses the word "linear" in a simple way: I understand "what you put in is what you put out" when I hear "linear" about a rubber; by opposition to a rubber that kicks more than proportionally (exponentially) as we put more into it. He used it to describe the arc that is less pronounced no matter the input and there is nothing wrong about that.
that guy gives the best videos reviews out there!
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 11:04am

Unfair mystery blade reveal:

OMG Andy you dirty and bad boy... I wouldn't think of that blade even if you'd let me think 3 days.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 4:34am
It is an interesting rubber. Does anyone who tested it know if works well with 5 ply allwood blades...T05 is a great rubber but perform much better on composites.

Edited by flash - 05/22/2017 at 8:20am
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
Ergosquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ergosquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 4:43pm
Can someone compare to T25-fx?
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 10:54pm
harder that 25 fx

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

harder that 25 fx

Where does it land between T25 and T25FX ?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
guillem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote guillem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 11:19am
Originally posted by flash flash wrote:

It is an interesting rubber. Does anyone who tested it know if works well with 5 ply allwood blades...T05 is a great rubber but perform much better on composites.

You are quite right!

I'm pretty sure the rubber must perform also better in allwood blades than Tenergy05 since it's got a little bit softer sponge.

But, to tell you the truth, I've been testing Rozena in a Viscaria and I must confess that it also plays like a dream.

I really like this rubber a lot. For me it's an interesting rubber for my backhand. 

I had recently been using Tenergy 80 and Rozena is really similar. Comparing them both it's like a Tenergy 80 but a little bit softer and easier to use. Of course it hasn't got that plus in terms of speed and spin that it gives you a rubber like Tenergy 80 but it's really close.

You can like more or less Butterfly as a trademark, but I think we all must give them that they don't lie to us with their products (except for the price), I mean that if they claim that "a rubber does this or that", then the rubber does just what it's supposed to do, as simple as that. 

Thanka and see you all!
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 8:42am
Originally posted by guillem guillem wrote:

I'm pretty sure the rubber must perform also better in allwood blades than Tenergy05 since it's got a little bit softer sponge.

But, to tell you the truth, I've been testing Rozena in a Viscaria and I must confess that it also plays like a dream.

I really like this rubber a lot. For me it's an interesting rubber for my backhand. 

I had recently been using Tenergy 80 and Rozena is really similar. Comparing them both it's like a Tenergy 80 but a little bit softer and easier to use. Of course it hasn't got that plus in terms of speed and spin that it gives you a rubber like Tenergy 80 but it's really close.

You can like more or less Butterfly as a trademark, but I think we all must give them that they don't lie to us with their products (except for the price), I mean that if they claim that "a rubber does this or that", then the rubber does just what it's supposed to do, as simple as that. 

Thanka and see you all!

This was very reassuring.  I've thoroughly enjoyed using T80 and was needing a replacement sheet.  I was gonna get Rozena regardless but this confirms my suspicion and gives me peace of mind, thank you. :)

Edited by iamj8 - 05/27/2017 at 8:43am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by guillem guillem wrote:

if they claim that "a rubber does this or that", then the rubber does just what it's supposed to do, as simple as that.

Roundell didn't help me discover my inner self, take my playing level to a new dimension, realize my full potential, provide overwhelming speed, spin, control, stimulate athleticism, or give me the feeling of being a professional player.

That said, nice to see Rozena is getting good reviews thus far.
FinalFight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalFight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 3:04pm
Anyone liking it on the forehand? I never did like 05 on forehand... but love it as a backhand rubber. 05fx for me has worked well for FH since the arc and pace is a little more comfortable during out of position shots. I play mostly an all-around style of targeting weaknesses and am not a 'looper,' (probably drive more), but I do loop a decent bit as well.

Edited by FinalFight - 05/27/2017 at 3:05pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 3:34am
you are better off with the Rozena as a backhand rubber. Spin is less compared to euro rubbers like Baracuda, Genius Sound, MX-P and EL-S. You need to compress the sponge to produce good spin so it take a bit if effort. THe Tibhar Genius Sound despite a softer rubber can produce more spin than the Rozena. If you woudl block with the Rozena, it outclasses the above mentioned rubbers since it is a good blocking or punchblocking rubber. The less sensitivity to incoming spin is its selling point. Speed is already good because it is very bouncy. It is only in the spin department that I am a bit disappointed. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2017 at 9:33am
I got to play a little with Rozena on a Korbel yesterday. Felt to me like Tenergy 80 mixed with Sriver. Feels somewhere between regular spring sponge and FX. Service return, pushing and blocking are easier with Rozena. Arc is somewhere between Tenergy 80 and 64. Spin is good reminds me more of an ESN tensor spin than T05. If you can really control Tenergy stay with it. If you are like 90% of Tenergy users who can't (myself included) Rozena would be a good choice
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2017 at 9:12pm
good for bh then? every time i don't practice for awhile, bh tenergy flies out.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2017 at 4:16am
The speed of Rozena is not slow, faster than T05, but it has less spin.
I tried it on my Acoustic FL 92 gr, it has good control especially blocking.
Open loop need adjustment, since I use baracuda for a long time.
The kick is better than baracuda, but Tenergy probably better but harder to control.
Top sheet is grippier than Tenergy, the sponge is not as porous as Tenergy.
My Rozena weight is 95.3 gr include with the package.
Doesn't feel mushy at all, about the same as Tenergy.
It's a good rubber for Backhand, better than Tenergy 80.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2017 at 12:54pm
Rozena is a mix beetseen t64 and t80 regarding the topsheet only, I mean the topsheet is softer than t64 more like t80 but the pips are longer like t64. Its main strong point is definitely control. It does not have the same strong kick like baracuda but it is speedy. It is a very good rubber leaning towards easy to use rubber, not extreme like t05 or t64.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 3:17am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The speed of Rozena is not slow, faster than T05, but it has less spin.
I tried it on my Acoustic FL 92 gr, it has good control especially blocking.
Open loop need adjustment, since I use baracuda for a long time.
The kick is better than baracuda, but Tenergy probably better but harder to control.
Top sheet is grippier than Tenergy, the sponge is not as porous as Tenergy.
My Rozena weight is 95.3 gr include with the package.
Doesn't feel mushy at all, about the same as Tenergy.
It's a good rubber for Backhand, better than Tenergy 80.

What would you say makes it better than T80?  More safety in shots?  Less sensitivity to spin?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

What would you say makes it better than T80?  More safety in shots?  Less sensitivity to spin?

I can blok better, smash better, it has less spin, so less sensitive from incoming spin.It has more dwell when I open loop underspin ball.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The speed of Rozena is not slow, faster than T05

no way faster than T05
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2017 at 10:23pm
I wonder how it compares to the V42
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 6:38pm
Looks like it's time for me to give this a go.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy online that ships internationally?

The cheapest one I found on eBay was http://m.ebay.com/itm/Butterfly-ROZENA-2-1mm-Sponge-Pips-in-table-tennis-rubber-New-Packing-/132188865458?hash=item1ec71203b2%3Ag%3AWJQAAOSw8lpZFGy1&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae4e56305-513e-11e7-8c19-74dbd180b02a%257Cparentrq%253Aa8439e0b15c0aa66e7a2db97ffff4ca0%257Ciid%253A1

But I'm a but cautious due to all the fake Tenergy in China. Has someone bought from this vendor before?

I was going to buy from ooak trading because they're Australia based and I'm in New Zealand but they're all out of red.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Looks like it's time for me to give this a go.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy online that ships internationally?

The cheapest one I found on eBay was http://m.ebay.com/itm/Butterfly-ROZENA-2-1mm-Sponge-Pips-in-table-tennis-rubber-New-Packing-/132188865458?hash=item1ec71203b2%3Ag%3AWJQAAOSw8lpZFGy1&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae4e56305-513e-11e7-8c19-74dbd180b02a%257Cparentrq%253Aa8439e0b15c0aa66e7a2db97ffff4ca0%257Ciid%253A1

But I'm a but cautious due to all the fake Tenergy in China. Has someone bought from this vendor before?

I was going to buy from ooak trading because they're Australia based and I'm in New Zealand but they're all out of red.

You could check "Prospins's" sales thread here on mytt.
rchebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 8:02pm
I got mine from presports in Black/2.1: http://www.presports.com/pimple-in/2471-butterfly-rozena-rubber.html#

US$43 or US$50 shipped.

Awesome rubber! For JPEN, a lot easier to control than T05, blocks are a new weapon with this rubber!
jpens... everywhere!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic