Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BTY 2017 Rozena

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
rchebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 8:04pm
I got mine from presports in Black/2.1: http://www.presports.com/pimple-in/2471-butterfly-rozena-rubber.html#

US$43 or US$50 shipped.

Awesome rubber! For JPEN, a lot easier to control than T05, blocks are a new weapon with this rubber!
jpens... everywhere!
Sponsored Links

iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by rchebel rchebel wrote:

I got mine from presports in Black/2.1: http://www.presports.com/pimple-in/2471-butterfly-rozena-rubber.html#

US$43 or US$50 shipped.

Awesome rubber! For JPEN, a lot easier to control than T05, blocks are a new weapon with this rubber!

That is awesome but looks like they're out of stock.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2017 at 6:28pm
I made an unboxing, weight and bounce video of the Rozena for my side project youtube channel, hope you like it!

Edited by azv - 06/15/2017 at 6:30pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 4:34am
I played some 20min with Rozena on a BTY Power 7 and although not a bad rubber it didn't shine with anything. Loads of rubbers out there play the same or better and cost much less
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 3:44pm
I played with it yesterday about 2h (2.1 red on the backhand). First impressions are very good:
- Very safe to play with
- Excellent control and ball placement
- Nice Tenergy feeling
- It's soft but not as much as the 05fx
- It doesn't excel on anything but it's good for everything

Things it could be better: more spin, less weight

Compared to the 05fx 1.9:
Speed Rozena > 05fx
Spin Rozena << 05fx
Control Rozena > 05fx
Weight Rozena > 05fx
Topsheet grip Rozena < 05fx
Sponge hardness Rozena > 05fx
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 2:03am
Great input, azv.  Strange it weighs more than Tenergy (though not by much).

What blade did you play it on and how did its performance compare to your T64?  Was it significantly slower?

Edited by iamj8 - 06/17/2017 at 2:06am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 9:06am
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Great input, azv.  Strange it weighs more than Tenergy (though not by much).

What blade did you play it on and how did its performance compare to your T64?  Was it significantly slower?

I use a 729-V6 (I can't find anything like it but better!). 
I compared it with a very used T64 1.9mm but haven't played with it, only with the T05fx
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 2:28am
By the way, since a lot of people are saying Rozena isn't anything special, I'm wondering what rubbers would you say are closest to it from other companies such as Xiom, Tibhar etc..

Are there equivalents out there?
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 1:27am
I've played Rozena for about 4 hours now so here are some of my impressions:

1. Rozena doesn't feel all that soft.  Sure it's marginally softer than T05 and 80 but it still feels medium, which I really like.  I find it feels a little bit harder than 64 due to 64's tall pips.

2. Rozena is not blazingly fast like Tenergy but I found it easier to do a variety of shots with like banana flick, backhand loop against backspin and pushes.  It's nowhere near as reactive as Tenergy (just came from 64) so a slight stroke adjustment is needed, especially when blocking.  I don't know why people are complaining about the lack of spin.  Perhaps mine is new and while it isn't excessively spinny it's definitely sufficient.

3. Rozena definitely feels safer than Tenergy but it is still a relatively fast rubber.  It's not a rubber that does all the work so you still need decent technique to use it well.

So far I like it and will look at doing a more comprehensive review soon. 

Currently playing it on a Carbonado 145 in 2.1.

Edited by iamj8 - 07/09/2017 at 1:27am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 4:26am
Anyone played with FastArc C1 and Rozena? A small comparison would be most helpful. Thanks.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 7:59am
I haven't played with this much yet, maybe a couple of hours, so these are just initial impressions compared to the Bluefire M2 I normally use.  Nice for blocking, with a few small adjustments, spin was ok and will probably improve with some time spent with the rubber.  At the moment it is less than I produce with the M2, but racket angles and touch need to become more automatic before I can say for sure which would be spinnier in which situations.  Serves required some adjustments, loops were ok also, although I produced more speed than spin with my regular strokes.  Throw is lower, but still I would characterize it as medium.  

It's not plug and play for me, but I did not expect it to be either.  I'll be keeping this on one of my backup blades for a while.  I'm not planning any competition for the next few months, so I will spend some more time with it, I especially want to see how it reacts to the higher humidity we are currently getting here.  For my technique, without making any adjustments for the characteristics of the new rubber, I prefer what I'm currently using.  All in all it is not a bad rubber, I suspect a lot of people will like it more on their backhand, where I see it bringing more advantages to the table.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
vispowerspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 12:21pm
Played with rozena for ~ 1.5 month and here are what I find:

1. This rubber needs break in time (~ 1-2 weeks) and plays especially better when reglue a second time.
2. The over all rubber plays in between 05 and 05fx with speed comparable to the 80. Rozena is very spinny with great control (it is like a tamed 05 but not soft like 05fx).
3. The sponge feels kind of like esn. It has an "assisted kick" feel but not as dramatic as MXP or Bluefire M1.
4. Its more durable than tenergy. Usually, with tenergy after 1 or 2 sessions, wear marks begin to show and especially at the edges due to miss hits (pet peeve of mine). Additionally, after a while, the edges start to fall off. For Rozena, however, this doesn't happen and marks don't occur until a month later.
5. I think it is a great BH rubber (it falls short for the FH) and for those who loves tenergy but hate the price I think it is a good alternative.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by vispowerspin vispowerspin wrote:

This rubber needs break in time (~ 1-2 weeks) and plays especially better when reglue a second time.

That's interesting because I've been thinking the same thing. Lately the rubber bottoms out when blocking heavy top spin loops so I've been wondering if it's a break in period, if I botched the glue job or just need a technique adjustment. Never had this problem with Tenergy.

Also, how long before second reglue?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 4:05pm

This rubber needs break in time (~ 1-2 weeks) and plays especially better when reglue a second time.

That's interesting because I've been thinking the same thing. Lately the rubber bottoms out when blocking heavy top spin loops so I've been wondering if it's a break in period, if I botched the glue job or just need a technique adjustment. Never had this problem with Tenergy.

Also, how long before second reglue?

Yeah, the rubber bottom out the first 3 days for me as well and at times it felt like it didn't grip the ball when not engaged enough or the ball flies out or into the net when too much contact. The break in period really made me felt like there was nothing special with this rubber and I considered going back to tenergy, but I decided to stick with it because even Tenergy has a break in period. Bluefire series bottom out the most for me, MXP second, and Tenergy almost never.

I applied second glue job around the 1.5-2 week period and that's when it played more lively and Tenergy like.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 7:11pm
I was thinking the exact same thing about switching back to Tenergy. Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I don't think Tenergy has ever bottomed out on me.

I'll probably hold off the second glue job. I'm not as concerned with getting it to play livelier as I am with it bottoming out since backhand blocking makes up a big part of my game.

Again, very much appreciate your input, vispowerspin. :)
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 10:54pm

I was thinking the exact same thing about switching back to Tenergy. Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I don't think Tenergy has ever bottomed out on me.

I'll probably hold off the second glue job. I'm not as concerned with getting it to play livelier as I am with it bottoming out since backhand blocking makes up a big part of my game.

Again, very much appreciate your input, vispowerspin. :)

No worries! I think once wear marks start to show a bit that's when it will really play well and bottom out less (plus the reglue once marks appear). I'm gonna try and see if this rubber can last 3-4 months for me.

My game also revolves around BH blocking and FH attack. Right now I can't recall the last time Rozena bottomed out for me, besides the break in period. My suggestion would be just pursue on beating the crap out of the rubber LOL.

I forgot to mention, the spin is in between 05 and 80 (more aggressive than 80 but less than 05). I just tried it for FH today and I think it could possibly be a good FH rubber as well (didn't fall short at least, speed was amazing).

My set up is viscaria, H3 FH, and Rozena BH.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 1:43am
I'll definitely stick with it for now. Rozena performed well during my club session last night. I did a lot better against some players who normally have their way with me, mainly due to the lack of responsiveness compared to T64.

Interesting you mention Rozena is between 05 and 80 because I recall 80 being very spinny. I thought Rozena was more between 80 and 64.

Funny that, my set up is H3 neo and Rozena on Carbonado 145. I thought long and hard about Viscaria and even bought one which I haven't touched but I can't bare the thought of playing without limba outer plies haha.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 10:24am
I've used 80 before, maybe its the misconception that Rozena provided higher arc. However, my friend did have trouble blocking when I used Rozena on FH and emphasized on spin loops.

I think after Rozena can be comparable to 05, 05fx, and 80:
Speed 80 > Rozena > 05 > or = 05fx
Spin  05 > or = 05fx > Rozena >80

Have you tried H3 with Viscaria? It's one of the best combinations. 
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 10:38am

I've used 80 before, maybe its the misconception that Rozena provided higher arc. However, my friend did have trouble blocking when I used Rozena on FH and emphasized on spin loops.

H3 boosted on Viscaria is amazing <3
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 11:17am
Legendary set up LOL 

Edited by vispowerspin - 07/12/2017 at 11:18am
Tajny1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajny1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 2:18pm
I already played this.

Edited by Tajny1989 - 07/12/2017 at 2:19pm
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 3:08pm

No I have not. It's only my bucket list though. Is it easy to use? What hardness do you use and do you boost?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 3:27pm
It's fairly easy to use; I use 41 deg blue sponge and boost once with dianchi.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 6:40am
Can anyone compare Rozena with Rasanter R42? Thank you
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Tajny1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajny1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 8:06am
Control: Rozena 9/10, Rasanter R42: 9,5/10
Speed: Rozena 9/10, Rasanetr 8/10
Rotation: Rozena 8/10, Rasanter 9/10
Catapult: Rozena 9/10, Rasanter 8/10

Rasanter is the rubber for the first zone. Suitable for fast, rigid blades (OFF, OFF-).
Rozena is more universal. 
Both rubbers would be dedicated to the backhand. To control the rotation game.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 11:26pm
Okay, I couldn't resist. I broke down and bought a sheet of Rozena. I've only played one session, about two hours so far, so take this info with a grain of salt. I did happen to go undefeated in four matches, not bad for a first session. I played Rozena on the backhand of my backup Zetro Quad.

I normally play Rasanter R42 on the backhand. It was quite an easy switch. Tjany1989 was pretty much spot on with the ratings comparison between Rozena and R42. Rozena is a bit faster than Rasanter R42 and Maybe slightly less spinny, but on loops and drives where I significantly got into the sponge, I made some really nice shots with significant spin and a good amount of speed. One thing to note is that you have absolutely have to get the sponge working to make effective shots. Its not as linear as R42. When you really get into the sponge, it has quite a bit of catapult feeling. But at the same time, the control is quite good. Another thing to note is that so far, I prefer serving with Rozena over R42. Somehow it seemed easier to get the ball placement I wanted and slightly easier to generate more spin on service. Hopefully this info is helpful for someone considering buying Rozena. All in all, Im pretty happy initially. I got it locally for the equivalent of about 35usd a sheet here in Saigon, which is about 10 bucks cheaper than R42 goes for here in Saigon.  

Edited by ericd937 - 07/19/2017 at 8:23am
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2017 at 4:03pm
I got a pair and i tried them today. The rubbers are great even from their very first training!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 3:05am
Tried regluing Rozena as recommended in an earlier post. It does seem to play better the second time around but it was peeling around the edges so I probably didn't glue it very well the first time.

Backhand block is better and requires a more open racket face - tilted at around a 60 degree angle opposed to 45. Still nowhere near as reactive and powerful as Tenergy but I'm very happy with it, probably the happiest I've been with a backhand rubber in a long time. I believe the journey is over!
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 10:22am
I've been playing with the Rozena for about a week. Probably 15 plus hours so far. I'm still debating if I prefer this or R42 on the backhand. R42 is much better at picking up short under-spin balls. Its quite humid here in Saigon. I'm noticing a bit of slippage with Rozena. I'll probably stick with it for another week, but I'm considering going back to R42.
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 3:27am
So Rasanter is doing well  in humidity? That's good news, cause with the original Rasant i can only play around a half an hour before getting almost useless. 
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic