Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

BTY 2017 Rozena

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 10:22am
I've been playing with the Rozena for about a week. Probably 15 plus hours so far. I'm still debating if I prefer this or R42 on the backhand. R42 is much better at picking up short under-spin balls. Its quite humid here in Saigon. I'm noticing a bit of slippage with Rozena. I'll probably stick with it for another week, but I'm considering going back to R42.
Blade: Xiom Zetro Quad
TSP - Spectol Blue (1.7-1.9)
Andro - Rasanter R42 (Max)

USATT Rating 1815
Estimated playing level 1950ish.
(Living in Asia since December 2015, no USATT events here)
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 3:27am
So Rasanter is doing well  in humidity? That's good news, cause with the original Rasant i can only play around a half an hour before getting almost useless. 
Training: Viscaria H3/T05
Matches: TBS Rasant/T05
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 3:34am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

I've been playing with the Rozena for about a week. Probably 15 plus hours so far. I'm still debating if I prefer this or R42 on the backhand. 

Can you compare Rozena and R42?
Weight, hardness, speed, throw angle, bottoming out on blocks.

Thanks

ericd937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

I've been playing with the Rozena for about a week. Probably 15 plus hours so far. I'm still debating if I prefer this or R42 on the backhand. 

Can you compare Rozena and R42?
Weight, hardness, speed, throw angle, bottoming out on blocks.

Thanks

• Weight - I didn't weigh it. The difference is negligible for me. I play with pimples on my forehand which are quite light. 
  • Speed - I guess Rozena is slightly faster, especially on drives/smashes, but I have some issues with Rozena bottoming out on hard blocks and smashes. R42 in supermax sponge thickness never bottoms out (I use it on backhand). You could probably make it bottom out if you played it on forehand and you had viscous smash capabilities. I've also had some issues with the ball slipping of the Rozena topsheet in humid conditions. 
  • Sweet-spot - Rozena has a tiny sweet-spot. R42's sweet-spot is like 80% of the face of the rubber.
  • Spin - Honestly, a lot of the characteristics aren't that much different except spin. I rate Rozena 7/10 and R42 9.5/10.
  • Summary - While these rubber have a lot of similar characteristics, I find R42 superior. My loops have more spin and thus more arch. R42 topsheet has a lot more grip, which allows me to take more risks and make shots I couldn't with Rozena. Rozena isn't a bad rubber by any means. I actually prefered serving with Rozena, but i had a hard time opening up the attack with it. However, on the instance where i did execute my stroke and contact perfectly, I made some extremely nice shots with Rozena. It just couldn't quite get zoned in with it.
Blade: Xiom Zetro Quad
TSP - Spectol Blue (1.7-1.9)
Andro - Rasanter R42 (Max)

USATT Rating 1815
Estimated playing level 1950ish.
(Living in Asia since December 2015, no USATT events here)
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 10:27am
Initial impressions:

This is not a bad rubber. I like it on my BH.

Power is comparable to T05 when hitting into the sponge. Less than 64, etc. Spin is decent, but much less than 05.

Its easy to play with if you're conditioned to the feel of Tenergy, whereas other rubbers feel strange to me when I try to switch. 

I will need more time with it, but I like it so far. Sort of a vanilla rubber, but good quality, and definitely fills a niche Butterfly has been missing since the speed glue ban and introduction of Tenergy.

Thumbs Up

iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 4:00am
Hey friends, I tried gluing another new sheet of Rozena onto a new blade.  I applied 3 layers of Haifu WBG (WSB) on the rubber and one on the blade and it's already peeling at the edges.  This also happened when I glued my first sheet on.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Am I just not using enough glue?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 7:37am
No, not really 1 layer of Nittaku Finezip on the blade, and one on the rubber. No problems here.
1dennistt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 7:59am
Is your blade sealed?  If so that can cause issues such as you are describing with certain rubbers.  You might try putting a book or something like that on the paddle after you glue and let it sit overnight.  See if that makes a difference.  If it is sealed, you might also try some fine sandpaper, and lightly sand around the edges where it is breaking loose, this may allow the glue to get a better grip.
Xiom Hayabusa Z+, Donic Bluefire M2 (Black) Max, Spinlord Keiler (Red) 1.8 mm, Wt. 161 gm total weight

iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Is your blade sealed?  If so that can cause issues such as you are describing with certain rubbers.  You might try putting a book or something like that on the paddle after you glue and let it sit overnight.  See if that makes a difference.  If it is sealed, you might also try some fine sandpaper, and lightly sand around the edges where it is breaking loose, this may allow the glue to get a better grip.

There might be a really light gloss on them from factory but I haven't sealed them. They are Viscaria and Carbonado. I'll take your advice thanks :)
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic