Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - just technical disfunction or someone's malevolen
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

just technical disfunction or someone's malevolen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just technical disfunction or someone's malevolen
    Posted: 03/09/2017 at 6:15pm
Some technical disfunction on the browser or dirty trick by Google?

YouTube has recently changed to a new video-player HTML5 as a default option. The new player will give you some headache every time you try for video with some laptop browsers other than Google Chrome.
Thankfully, the Adobe Flash Player still remaining for Youtube viewers as an alternate option. It is an unspoken option, not easy to get to.
Not satisfied with HTML5? Then go and reform the standard YouTube Url by adding some more codes < &nohtml5=1 > to the end of adress string.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuZteet9mY&nohtml5=1     

Again, you can watch video with Adobe Flash Player in a separate window, without having to visit YouTube front page. Insert /v/ code in the mid of the adress string.
http://www.youtube.com/v/dLuZteet9mY

As for me, I sweared off watching Youtube video in HTML5 mode.. It has now refused to work with my current IE11, while Adobe Flash plugin keeps working without fail.
---------------   
This is the HTML5 "dead black" window I got now to see so oftentimes when using IE browser. This all looks like a dirty trickery by Google to better promote Chrome browser on market. Is it not?     

Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2017 at 11:58am
My IE11 works fine with HTML5 video, as does every single one of the 200+ workstations I distribute to at work.  There are no dirty tricks here - just igor's over-active imagination and his broken browser installation.  I'd usually recommend looking the error code up, clearing cookies, resetting IE back to defaults, checking for secret KGB/CIA rootkits and so on.

As much as nohtml5 is interesting and probably solves a host of legacy issues for older devices and odd implementations, IMO no one should think that flash is a preferred option over HTML5.  If ABR support doesn't convince you, then flash's awful security record seals the deal.

Igor - it's much safer to fix your HTML5 problem than rely on flash.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 9:31am
Maybe Obama is spying on him /s
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 11:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic