Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 8:49am
Where are people buying their Rasanter R47 at the moment?  TT11 and Dandoy are both sold out of black max--and virtually everything size and colour as well.  
Sponsored Links

siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 1:46pm

Have you tried Tibi ?
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 2:54pm
Tibi does not carry Andro. To me, it seems like Andro has distribution problems.

Solutions:
  1. Wait for TT11 to stock up
  2. (Even better) wait for near-equivalent Donic (Bluestorm) and Tibhar (Aurus Select / Prime) rubbers to get into market (they won't have such distribution problems)
Rasanters are good but, TBH, they are no must-obtain holy grail. We need to keep things in perspective. Don't we all obsess over what equipment our favorite TT players use? Don't they all currently get by quite happily without using Rasanter?

Edited by slevin - 05/15/2017 at 2:55pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 4:15pm
I got mine from tibi.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 4:16pm
Tibi was my last hope :'(.

But as slevin said, the donic bluestorm should probably not have any of these andro distribution problems, incidental or intentional ;)

kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by siestakey siestakey wrote:

Have you tried Tibi ?
I did.  I can't believe I hadn't thought of him as I'd bought from him several times before and he is the best.  I didn't realise he now does Andro though I'm not sure there is any black max R47 left in Europe at the moment!
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Tibi does not carry Andro. To me, it seems like Andro has distribution problems.

Solutions:
  1. Wait for TT11 to stock up
  2. (Even better) wait for near-equivalent Donic (Bluestorm) and Tibhar (Aurus Select / Prime) rubbers to get into market (they won't have such distribution problems)
Rasanters are good but, TBH, they are no must-obtain holy grail. We need to keep things in perspective. Don't we all obsess over what equipment our favorite TT players use? Don't they all currently get by quite happily without using Rasanter?

I agree with you, on the whole, Slevin, though I've been using Powergrip for several years and thought Rasanter sounds the closest to it but more forgiving.  When you're short of cash, you find something you want and wait for it!Smile  And unlike most of my favourite players, I certainly can't afford Tenergy!
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Tibi was my last hope :'(.

But as slevin said, the donic bluestorm should probably not have any of these andro distribution problems, incidental or intentional ;)

I wondered about the 'intentional' bit as well, though they only seem to be out of R47 max here in Europe, not the others.  I wonder how Andro would have known which would be the most popular of the line if they were planning on withholding stock.  Why not R50, for example?  Or V47?  I am, however, admittedly ignorant of sales strategy and...well, anything business-like, so who knows?

Maybe I'll just buy an MXP and be done with it.  FXS, maybe?  Or boost my current Powergrip and hold out til June when they are supposed to be restocked?
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 7:58am
So after a bit of mucking around, I find that V47 is quite similar to EL-P but somehow with a softer feel, possibly due to the topsheet.
Seeing as EL-P has also been floated as a comparison on the Rozena thread, perhaps Tibhar was really forward with that release and secretly waiting for a decent plastic ball? Hahaha
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 8:12am
Good to know. I thought a 47 would be harder than the elp.
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The hitting is getting there; I was missing too many at 1st but I also was/am out of practice and shape. Yesterday the hitting went in and I could sense things falling into place. The interesting detail is the huge blurry line between hard hits and loop kills: a huge sweet spot where hitting hard with this rubber produces that small arc helping to land; sweet spot bigger than average I thought, encouraging the technique and gaining free speed as a side effect of confidence.

It's a rubber that rewards a confident approach.  I was on the receiving end of a pasting last night from our best player, R47 still on his FH.  Anything loose and high was drilled away.  Anything longer and lower was looped into either corner with a lot of side spin and power.  He's super happy.  I still want to see how he does when he's under pressure and needs to dig things out, but when he's on the offensive he's a wrecking ball at the moment.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 10:41am
Finally got my hands on a sheet from slevin. Since he sold it to me for 41, I am sure he bought it for like 30 bucks so there must be a good deal on price out tbere. Anyways, I probably won't use it for a while or I might figure out what blade to put it on and try it out later this week. Every time I try a new rubber or blade these days, I just go back to my Vega Pro plus Karis M.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 11:21am
Some notes to share:
  1. R47 ultramax: Finally found one blade on which R47 feels fantastic on FH for my game: IF Layer ALC. I would extrapolate that and guess that in addition to (R47 ultramax , IF Layer ALC) pairing, (R47 2.0, IF-ZLC or Apolonia ZLC) might also work well. Earlier blades tried with R47: Viscaria, Freitas ALC and Holz Sieben. On all 3 of them, I did not like R47 as much on the FH side
  2. V42 2.0 works very well on BH side of MJ-ZLC
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Finally got my hands on a sheet from slevin. Since he sold it to me for 41, I am sure he bought it for like 30 bucks

Thanks for buying from me, NL. Now, I can pay off my mortgage, put 10 yrs of property taxes in an escrow, buy the Tesla roof / battery pack that I want, buy the new BMW X6 my wife wants, book our 2 weeks in Paris in the summer that my daughter wants - all because you bought the R47 from me for $41.

Clap

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

The hitting is getting there; I was missing too many at 1st but I also was/am out of practice and shape. Yesterday the hitting went in and I could sense things falling into place. The interesting detail is the huge blurry line between hard hits and loop kills: a huge sweet spot where hitting hard with this rubber produces that small arc helping to land; sweet spot bigger than average I thought, encouraging the technique and gaining free speed as a side effect of confidence.

It's a rubber that rewards a confident approach.  I was on the receiving end of a pasting last night from our best player, R47 still on his FH.  Anything loose and high was drilled away.  Anything longer and lower was looped into either corner with a lot of side spin and power.  He's super happy.  I still want to see how he does when he's under pressure and needs to dig things out, but when he's on the offensive he's a wrecking ball at the moment.
I noticed the throw is lower than expected. Quick loops along the line from close to the table tend to go out if using a tad too much wood: opening is trickier because of that but it's a matter of getting used to it. It's worth investing time for that because blocking, looping from mid distance and hitting is just great and super stable.

Edited by fatt - 05/16/2017 at 1:42pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:21am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Thanks for buying from me, NL. Now, I can pay off my mortgage, put 10 yrs of property taxes in an escrow, buy the Tesla roof / battery pack that I want, buy the new BMW X6 my wife wants, book our 2 weeks in Paris in the summer that my daughter wants - all because you bought the R47 from me for $41.

Clap

Thanks for selling.  Happy to be one of many pieces to what is obviously a glorious puzzle.

Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:22am

I noticed the throw is lower than expected. Quick loops along the line from close to the table tend to go out if using a tad too much wood: opening is trickier because of that but it's a matter of getting used to it. It's worth investing time for that because blocking, looping from mid distance and hitting is just great and super stable.

Pushing?
Cybershape Carbon
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 10:31am
Can anyone report the weights of cut rubbers here? It appears that these are very heavy rubbers.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Can anyone report the weights of cut rubbers here? It appears that these are very heavy rubbers.

From a previous page:

V42 - 43.29
R42 - 44.46
R47 - 49.70
R50 - 51.55

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Pushing?
I did not notice anything special about pushing with it; pushing on the fh side is not really my thing anyway: if I can I will move right and go for a bh banana or a bh push (with the baracuda); when I can't it's either a fh short push (kind of drop shot push) and those are easy to get used to with any rubber; if not that then the ball is probably long enough so I can open --> very rarely do I need to go for a long fh push. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 11:07am
Thanks. These are for 2mm, I assume? For Max, how much more weight will it add? For R47 Max, probably 53-55g? Very heavy.

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

From a previous page:

V42 - 43.29
R42 - 44.46
R47 - 49.70
R50 - 51.55

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 11:08am
Btw, what other rubbers have the same hardness degree as R37? Vega Euro, maybe? 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 11:15am

My observations on R47: to get spin, you have to use enough power / penetration to 'crack' the topsheet in the stroke (sort of like using Rhyzm). While the topsheet is thin, it is tough / stiff. Unlike other rubbers (like MX-P), if you don't get to the sponge, you don't get enough spin. So, very fine brush does not work as well.

This does not happen with the V series (in which, in fact, you get greater spin on soft brush strokes).

On the flip side, it is easier to use the sponge on the r47 than it is on other 47 deg rubbers (because the topsheet is thin).

Edited by slevin - 05/17/2017 at 11:16am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 3:04pm
Wait I thought hard topsheet should make it easier to loop with thin contact, isn't baracuda a hard topsheet?
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

crowsfeather..... your signature is nice ;-)

Good joke isn't it.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 9:56pm
V47 resemble me of rakza X rakza9 rather than T64

R47 I forgot how it feels. Sorry I didn't catch up with questions.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 12:16am

The V isn't bad, but the R is excellent for spin and stability.

Did you find R *more* stable than V? I'm a few sessions into R42 (which is not enough to say too much, just now broken in - P.S. anyone trying to glean much from day 1-2 rubber is crazy - all new rubbers are awkwardly stiff / lacking feeling to me until broken in) and I already forget some things about V42 so it is hard to compare this directly, but regardless I am impressed with the stability of both. Probably the standout quality actually, with other things being good as well. R42 is probably the better forehand rubber but it's early. I will use this for a couple more weeks and then try Rozena, and settle on either that or R42/R47 (again, too bad there is no 44/45).
Zaid323918 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaid323918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 5:25pm
So is V47 a good rubber for the backhand?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 7:55pm
Just checked Tibike's FS post, he does have andro rasanter in stock for 33 euros  a piece
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 9:29pm
This is an excellent rubber. Has a good feel.   Very similar to Karis in behavior but a better feeling of grip.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic