Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 6:29am
Are you talking about V?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Sponsored Links

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 7:37pm
Wonder which one is closest to regular HEXER

Still haven't opened the V47(brb)
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Kapmirch View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapmirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 1:16pm
CryCryCry stop it

-----------------------
you cant buy happiness, but you can buy a TT table. And that's pretty much the same thing.
Kapmirch View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapmirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 1:16pm
CryCryCry stop

-----------------------
you cant buy happiness, but you can buy a TT table. And that's pretty much the same thing.
Kapmirch View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapmirch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

This is an excellent rubber. Has a good feel.   Very similar to Karis in behavior but a better feeling of grip.

stop itCryCryCry

-----------------------
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Kapmirch Kapmirch wrote:

This is an excellent rubber. Has a good feel.   Very similar to Karis in behavior but a better feeling of grip.

stop itCryCryCry

Hahahahaha....

Come on... stop letting your eyes grow big, buddy. I EJ for fun.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:05pm

If you're referring to the R47 that you bought from me, then I'm mildly surprised at this (given the Karis descriptions from a few reviewers).

I've never tried Karis, but a few commented that it is not a fast rubber. To me, R47 ultramax feels very fast (faster than T05, approaching MX-P power) and catapaulty.

I shall review R42 ultramax tomorrow. Was quiet impressed by the V42 2.0 (unfairly categorized as a 'speed' rubber - it is not that fast and it felt very spinny on the MJ blade).
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:17pm
looks like it doesn't make sense now to buy something like Rasanter. You can just add $10 and get Rozena

Edited by piligrim - 05/23/2017 at 2:17pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

looks like it doesn't make sense now to buy something like Rasanter. You can just add $10 and get Rozena

why is that? Are they supposed to be similar rubbers???
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

would you buy Rasanter if Tenergy was same price as Rasanter?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:44pm

would you buy Rasanter if Tenergy was same price as Rasanter?

Oh, I thought you were talking about Rozena in your prior post and not Tenergy. My apologies. I have tried Rozena. No great shakes (prefer many new ESN rubbers to that).

Personally, I'm not buying Tenergy anyway, but I'm in the minority. For sure, T05 is a great rubber.

Either ways, I don't think you understand: Rasanter is not a rubber.

R47, R42, R37, R50, V42, V47 are rubbers. Two different types of topsheets and 4 different hardness levels - used for players with different preferences.

How can they all be similar to Rozena (or Tenergy, if you were referring to Tenergy. Were you referring to Tenergy?)?

Edited by slevin - 05/23/2017 at 2:51pm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:59pm
I don't feel difference between Rozena and Tenergy. I would say Rozena is Tenergy for 99,9%. From my observation most people buy ESN rubbers because they can't afford Tenergy. But now you can get Rozena for almost same price as ESN rubber. So people who changed from Tenergy to ESN rubbers because of Tenergy price increased can buy Rozena.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 3:02pm

I don't feel difference between Rozena and Tenergy. I would say Rozena is Tenergy for 99,9%. From my observation most people buy ESN rubbers because they can't afford Tenergy. But now you can get Rozena for almost same price as ESN rubber. So people who changed from Tenergy to ESN rubbers because of Tenergy price increased can buy Rozena.

I would highly, highly like to challenge that claim.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The same way I fell for the Vega Pro blade as a more controllable MJ, I fell for R47 as a more controllable T05
MJ is too fast and T05 too bouncy; they require faster arm speed than I am capable of in most situations; I thought it was too bad since I always liked both blade and rubber very much; when I discovered the Vega Pro blade and the R47 it was a revelation.

on this page slevin said R47 faster then 05 :)
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 3:22pm

I don't feel difference between Rozena and Tenergy..

Which is why you try so many different blades and rubbers?    
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 4:22pm

If you're referring to the R47 that you bought from me, then I'm mildly surprised at this (given the Karis descriptions from a few reviewers).

I've never tried Karis, but a few commented that it is not a fast rubber. To me, R47 ultramax feels very fast (faster than T05, approaching MX-P power) and catapaulty.

I shall review R42 ultramax tomorrow. Was quiet impressed by the V42 2.0 (unfairly categorized as a 'speed' rubber - it is not that fast and it felt very spinny on the MJ blade).

I didn't feel R47 ultramax was very fast at all - I felt it was linear, which is the most important thing to me when using equipment, not low end or top end speed but that output in speed and spin in response to input have decent correlation. But I might just be that guy who hits the ball so senselessly that I can't make head or tail of what happens when I change bat and/or rubber.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 4:32pm

on this page slevin said R47 faster then 05 :)

By faster, I meant more dynamic. Better top end.

T05 is more bouncy and more susceptible to incoming spin.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 4:48pm
I m not sure what constitutes a rubber as being dynamic, cause T05 in my experience is the best at playing dead when receiving serves etc and equally explosive when you want to power loop, don't think any other euro/japanese rubber on the market has such good extremes.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 3:07pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Real tempted to get the R47, but want to wait for Aurus Prime for that purple sponge :D
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Real tempted to get the R47, but want to wait for Aurus Prime for that purple sponge :D

Im also holding out for Aurus Prime too. I like ELS but my problem with it is that its a bit too heavy, wish it was 3-4 grams lighter per sheet once cut. Another quirk is that when i boost it few months into the usage to bring it back some juice it gets a bit soft for my liking.

47 degree Aurus Prime would be great if it plays similar to ELS and if its lighter but going to have to wait for the reviews.

It got good numbers on this german website but too bad i cant understand it Cry

Edited by DreiZ - 05/26/2017 at 3:47pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 3:51pm

Im also holding out for Aurus Prime too. I like ELS but my problem with it is that its a bit too heavy, wish it was 3-4 grams lighter per sheet once cut. Another quirk is that when i boost it few months into the usage to bring it back some juice it gets a bit soft for my liking.

47 degree Aurus Prime would be great if it plays similar to ELS and if its lighter but going to have to wait for the reviews.

Have you tried using weights and practicing strokes with that? When I switched to heavier setups I used an 8kg dumbell for a few mins before every session and eventually got used to the weight.

I used to use an 80g blade with T05 1.9 then went to a 90g blade with 2.1 - I can't imagine playing with anything below 185g! Might be worth a try, you can get a lot of power/spin gains from it as well :)

And if you have google chrome you can translate it, I think they're saying something along the lines of it being really similar to Rasanter but with more grip?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 3:58pm
I think I have some kind of EJ complex where I like buying brand with a good ethos lol.

Because Rasanter, Bluestorm and Aurus Prime are literally the same rubber being produced in the same factory, I'd rather get the brand which I prefer! I find Andro's marketing way too technical for their own good and Donic's marketing pure cringe. I have always been a fan of Tibhar and their humble market approach!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 4:19pm

I think I have some kind of EJ complex where I like buying brand with a good ethos lol.

Because Rasanter, Bluestorm and Aurus Prime are literally the same rubber being produced in the same factory, I'd rather get the brand which I prefer! I find Andro's marketing way too technical for their own good and Donic's marketing pure cringe. I have always been a fan of Tibhar and their humble market approach!

I find it interesting how Tibhar is being conservative and only releasing 2 "new" rubbers with this new generation of rubbers.

Donic has 3 coming
Andro came out with 6

Butterfly started the trend with only 1 (Bryce High Speed) to try to see how it will sell probably. Unfortunately butterfly didnt think it thru and should have made a "Tenergy" line rubber with thin topsheet from the beginning, but my guess is that we may see one in the future.

If these new "thin topsheet" gen rubbers sell and perform well, again my guess is that Butterfly and maybe Tibhar might implement this technology in the Tenergy and Evolution series, and call it something else.

Edited by DreiZ - 05/26/2017 at 4:24pm
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 4:31pm

"As Matthias previously wrote in his post about new equipment for 2017, the table tennis company Tibhar is introducing two new rubbers into the market: Aurus Select and Aurus Prime.

The concept can be compared with Andro's Rasanter line and Donic's Bluestorm line. A thin topsheet will be paired with a thick sponge (2.3mm). This should even out spin lost due to the advent of the plastic ball.

Tibhar Aurus SelectI do not have much information regarding playing characteristics yet; fot that we will have to wait for the test results. The manufacturer specs state that Aurus Prime will have a 47.5 degree sponge. Due to the fact that the Aurus line is intended for increased spin potential, I assume that the rubber is 'tuned' for the spin game. 

To complete the lineup, Tibhar is also introducing Aurus Select, which sports a softer topsheet and 45 degree sponge. I have waited long for a modern replacement for Aurus Soft. 😉

Aurus Prime and Aurus Select – Wait until the End of June?

These new rubbers from Tibhar are making their debut un the market at the end of June. However, you don't have to wait that long for test results! The firsts test sheets can be expected to go out mid May. Matthias and I, who together with Tibhar make this possible, will test and review the rubbers. At the end of May/ beginning of June, you can expect a comparison between all rubbers of the Aurus line.In addition, Aurus Select and Aurus Prime will be signifigantly cheaper than, say, the Rasanter line from Andro.

Here are the manufacturer provided product descriptions:

Aurus Prime:

This is the choice for well trained, technically solid offensive players who play actively and even on passive shots try to place the ball to control and pressure the opponent. The firm, spin-oriented topsheet allows players to use precision placement combined with speed (due to the mid-hard, catapulty sponge) to pressure the opponent in almost any situation. The innovative SSP technology employs a thinner, firm topsheet and a thicker sponge. The result is a catapult and speed oriented offensive rubber that is unparalleled in the field of price and performance.

Tibhar Aurus Prime Katalogangaben

Aurus Select:

The new SSP technology, which sets itself apart due to the use of a thin topsheet in favour of a thicker sponge, does not only indicate a plus in the field of speed. It also works together with the softer topsheet of Aurus Select, and provides excellent feedback from the rubber. Thus, this rubber is optimized towards outstanding spin, control, and feedback without sacrificing too much speed. The result is a perfect 'jack-of-all-trades' rubber for the technically sound player on the search for perfect performance.Tibhar Aurus Select Katalogangaben

"
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 5:29pm

Yeah, the first impressions of Prime seem to say that it has the edge on R47 for spin and a higher arc.  And of course the sponge colour takes you down to funky town.

This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 5:48pm
Great review tabletennisdaily, but didn't see it tested in the short game. Maybe they were not so good?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 5:57pm

I find it interesting how Tibhar is being conservative and only releasing 2 "new" rubbers with this new generation of rubbers.

Donic has 3 coming
Andro came out with 6

Butterfly started the trend with only 1 (Bryce High Speed) to try to see how it will sell probably. Unfortunately butterfly didnt think it thru and should have made a "Tenergy" line rubber with thin topsheet from the beginning, but my guess is that we may see one in the future.

If these new "thin topsheet" gen rubbers sell and perform well, again my guess is that Butterfly and maybe Tibhar might implement this technology in the Tenergy and Evolution series, and call it something else.
The thing was Bryce Highspeed was the topsheet was actually the same thickness, with a small "leaf" layer and bigger pips, so there was no ultramax sponge available (4mm sponge + topsheet allowance). I don't think anyone really liked Bryce HS anyway lol.

But the Rasanter (and tibhar/donic) are the new generation of ultramax/thin topsheet ESN rubber which I'm looking forward to using in the near future :)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 5:50am
^Help me get aboard the hype train.

Any of these 10 or so rubbers gonna be like MX-P?

It's strange, with something like Sigma 2 Pro/Omega 5 Tour [I tried them both for forehand / backhand. Both sucked so hard on FH but were fine on the BH], I was literally losing to people rated way below me/struggling in general to get any feeling or any consistency. 

MX-P, and I'm winning sets off 2400 players / beating or heavily competing with 2100~ players [These are just estimations, but I wouldn't think a top 10 player in the country is far below 2400] - basically my action and style doesn't even allow for a moderate difference [you wouldn't think Sigma 2/the OVT were THAT different to that MX-P? IDK that much about equipment characteristics].

I just couldn't execute my shots with one, even after 5 months. The MX-P was good to go from the first session - even with a friends blade i tried that rubbe and the joy/muscle memory on how to play shots came back to me, which is why i ended up buying a sheet of it.

So I'm a bit wary of getting hyped/considering buying some rubbers as i don't currently have the funds to EJ/make purchases that end up in the bin [In which case just stocking some MX-P is good]. But the muppet inside me is a dreamer! 

Why settle for a 8.5/10 rubber [for my game] if a 9.9/10 rubber is there eh?

Edited by Basquests - 05/27/2017 at 5:58am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 8:09am
Basquests: stick with MX-P as you have good muscle memory with it. R47 is different.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic