Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slower glue effect rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slower glue effect rubbers
    Posted: 03/17/2017 at 3:11pm
I am currently using Xiom Vega Euro DF on my backhand. It's a really fantastic rubber. It has an extremely grippy topsheet making it very spinny, a very soft sponge, and that noticeable speed glue effect feeling and sound that is found in modern rubbers. However, I find it to be rather slow. I'd say it's even slightly slower than unglued Sriver FX. It has the feeling and sound like it would be faster but in practice it's really not.

Here's the catch though; that's part of the reason I love it. I've always needed a high control rubber on my backhand but I hate the feeling of classic unglued rubbers while loving the feeling and sound of modern glue effect rubbers. The problem is that these modern rubbers seem to all be fast and sensitive to incoming speed.

Besides Vega Euro DF, are there any other rubbers that fit this description? I've used the original Vega Euro but it's a bit faster and less spinny when compared to DF. I've used Musa 1, 2, and 3 but while they are great rubbers (especially 3) with the kind of speed I want, they still have a more classic feeling to them so they aren't quite what I'm looking for.

So, spinny, modern glue feeling, and a more allround speed. Is Vega Euro DF the only one?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 11:32pm
Nexy Karis.
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2017 at 11:44pm
Acuda S2 fits your description. Baracuda is spinnier but is also sensitive to incoming spin. Some people say Baracuda has poor control due to its spin sensitivity but I love it. No matter which rubber you get there will always be a tradeoff, highly spinny rubbers will be sensitive to incoming spin.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 3:33am
Vega Elite is quite nice, but it is very soft. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Acuda S2 fits your description. Baracuda is spinnier but is also sensitive to incoming spin. Some people say Baracuda has poor control due to its spin sensitivity but I love it. No matter which rubber you get there will always be a tradeoff, highly spinny rubbers will be sensitive to incoming spin.

S2 definitely does not fit the description, definitely too fast. Possibly S3 and Bluefire M3 (and maybe Bluefire Jp03 and Acuda Blue P3).

Baracuda would probably be a better choice. A touch spin sensitive but it's not too fast and it does have a glued feeling.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Vega Elite is quite nice, but it is very soft. 

Yes I'd imagine Vega Elite would be a good choice. I'm hoping Xiom releases Vega Elite DF sooner rather than later.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic