Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me find OSP "substitue" for Petr Korbel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me find OSP "substitue" for Petr Korbel
    Posted: 03/29/2017 at 4:35pm
Hi, I'm currently playing with Butterfly Petr Korbel. (Same as my son) I usually like to think that it's a good thing to have a "spare" blade. 

Long story short: I would like to have a blade where I can choose the weight. And I live in europe and the european korbel doesn't feel as good as the japanese korbel.

If I want a japanese korbel and choose the weight, the price will be in the range of OSP blades (because of price plus shipping)

So, I would like to know if there are OSP blades that offers a feeling like a korbel. (I have a primorac, and I don't like it, it feels "dead" compared to the korbel)

So, I'm looking for some tips to what I should be looking for in a OSP blade (I'm looking for a 5 ply allwood OSP blade Wink )

I was thinking that maybe an OSP Virtuoso+ close to 90 grams could be a good substitute for my Korbel?

I play close to mid range.

Edited by henningf - 03/29/2017 at 4:39pm
Sponsored Links

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2017 at 8:12pm
Virtuoso+ is the closest
JoeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2017 at 10:31pm
I have owned all three blades. In my experience V+ is faster than Korbel and Virtuoso is the closest in speed but much better as a touch and control blade.  It depends on what you value in a blade.  My favorite of those three is Virtuoso by a clear edge.  The build quality on OSP is better too.  V+ I found quite a bit harder to control.
Joe B   BBC Hinoki/carbon
            BBC Hinoki

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2017 at 11:19pm
I've owned the primorac, didn't like the feel. But I spent years with the virtuoso. I own a virtuoso+ that gets some use. I don't find it much harder to control but it does feel a little stiffer And crisper than the non plus.

If I had never played with the regular Virtuoso, I would think the plus was the best all wood blade I had ever owned. Somewhat Like a Korbel with a little extra and more feel. I am a Big fan of the large flares handle and OSP craftsmanship is terrific.

Edited by icontek - 03/30/2017 at 11:20pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

I've owned the primorac, didn't like the feel. But I spent years with the virtuoso. I own a virtuoso+ that gets some use. I don't find it much harder to control but it does feel a little stiffer And crisper than the non plus.

If I had never played with the regular Virtuoso, I would think the plus was the best all wood blade I had ever owned. Somewhat Like a Korbel with a little extra and more feel. I am a Big fan of the large flares handle and OSP craftsmanship is terrific.

By the way, welcome back!
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2017 at 7:18am
henningf, the closest OSP in terms of speed is virtuoso. But as regards the feeling, control and spin, the OSP virtuoso is better! I totally agree with JoeB in everything. Also you play close to the table and mid distance where virtuoso rules!!! You should also think, before you order your new blade (OSP or butterfly korbel), that if you buy OSP you can order your desired gramms, your desired head size, your desired handle, your desired....EVERYTHING! 
Personally speaking I have 2 same (one setup as main and second as spare) virtuosos and I ordered them with custom handle in SQST shape, at my desired gramms (89,5 gramms both), my desired head size, and the last and most IMPORTANT thing for me..... I made them try from all the virtuosos they had and pick the one that has the less vibration (cause i am not a huge lover of vibration). The blade comes to you as you have dreamt of it!!! I am so pleased from them (osp company and my blades too) that I find it difficult to use other blade as main.
I have tried many many korbels in these 13 years that I play tt, but no korbel gives you so much as virtuoso!
OSP:
-Better craftmanship
-Desired order
-Bit slower than japanese korbel but the difference is so hard to understand
-HIGHER arc
-Way better in blocking
-Perfect in short game and serving-recieving serves
-Better feeling (softer and solid)

Edited by *_strataras_* - 03/31/2017 at 7:19am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2017 at 1:56pm
Thank you all for feedback, I'll contact the osp company then and start my ordering process. And thankyou @icontek for your feedback on the primorac. This really hjelped make the choise easier   
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2017 at 3:11pm
Henningf if you contact with them, they might be late in their reply cause of the huge amount of their work. I tell you this cause I contacted with them to give my feedback from my second virtuoso and they replied to me after some days later. If they are late, try to send them second e-mail Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2017 at 10:13pm
One last note, I only played with a Japanese Korbel after I owned the virtuoso. I preferred the clearer feedback from OSPs construction and glue.

Thanks Baal! Not really EJing these days, with the slight exception of tweaking a backhand rubber and figuring out which three of the 5 blades Left in my collection will get some play. Still getting a few knocks a month and the game is starting to come back.

Edited by icontek - 03/31/2017 at 10:24pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 12:14pm
They responded within minutes, I think I was lucky
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

One last note, I only played with a Japanese Korbel after I owned the virtuoso. I preferred the clearer feedback from OSPs construction and glue.

Thanks Baal! Not really EJing these days, with the slight exception of tweaking a backhand rubber and figuring out which three of the 5 blades Left in my collection will get some play. Still getting a few knocks a month and the game is starting to come back.

anyone tried japanese clipper?
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 5:39pm
Don't they make Clipper in sweden ? I just checked iruiru and they sell sweden made clipper. Have I missed something, I thought Stiga made most of their blades in sweden? (At least the "top line")
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 11:35pm
Try the red+black flow blade. Made in romania and also the same quality with osp
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by henningf henningf wrote:

Don't they make Clipper in sweden ? I just checked iruiru and they sell sweden made clipper. Have I missed something, I thought Stiga made most of their blades in sweden? (At least the "top line")

I meant clipper for the japanese market
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2017 at 11:45am
Ah, is there a difference between the clipper for the Japan marked and the one for the European and American marked?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic