Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [29.41%]
12 [70.59%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: service or service return
    Posted: 09/02/2006 at 9:30pm

just a sipmle poll on what you guys think is the most important shot.Please give reason for your choice thanks

I think the service return is the most important as if you can return well either low and short or a fast well placed flip you have the advantage over your opponent right away.

As for your own serve as long as you keep it low and short or semi long (second bounce close to end of table) the opponent will have a hard time attacking them.

My point being that if you can't return a serve well then you are up against it right from the start and will have little chance in game situations

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Sponsored Links

Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2006 at 9:55pm

Sorry don't quite understand the poll.

In service, you would hope that you wouldn't even have to do a third ball attack if the service's that good.

In returning of serves, you hope that you can kill the serve with a good return.

They are both very important.

President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2006 at 10:06pm
If you really suck, then it's more important just to be able to return the ball. Once you are half decent, you try to make a good return and not just a return to the opponents side. If you serve well, you have the advantage right away.
Peace out.

JFJ
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2006 at 8:01pm

hmmm............you cant serve you lose, you cant return a serve you still lose. They are both pretty equal, where is the equal button.  

anime_file View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anime_file Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2006 at 2:45am
Serves can give you an advantage in games but if you had time to only practice one, it should be serve returns because you don't need good serve to start the game but you need to be able to return if you want to stay in it.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2006 at 4:39am
They are both the most important stroke that there is to practise. Which one is the most important is hard to tell. I am a pretty decent returner but weeker on my own serve, so for me it levels out a bit. If I had to choose I would probably go with the serve, since its you own serves that you should win.
The holy grail
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2006 at 7:36am
Service return is more important. I know many players who have a very poor service with respect to their level of play, but their service is good enough to get them into the game the way they want to and this is enough for them.

TT is not only serve and destroy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic