Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Test chop4ever's Reviver Phoenix and more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 5:30pm
Just received the samples, I can't smell anything from the transparent bottle, but the white bottle smells a tad like some plant extract, eucalyptol?

Applied to the topsheet of my old Boost TP, the rubber domed a it, and definitely got gripper, well done sir.

Edited by Jasonh - 04/20/2017 at 5:46pm
Fly away!
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I was going to say how long does the topsheet reviver effect last?

Very short...
probably 3 hours playing respectively in a dust room. I would say it lasts for a day but you have to clean your rubber by wet sponge every training session (~15ms)
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
my feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55764&KW=chop4ever&title=feedback-chop4ever
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Just received the samples, I can't smell anything from the transparent bottle, but the white bottle smells a tad like some plant extract, eucalyptol?

Applied to the topsheet of my old Boost TP, the rubber domed a it, and definitely got gripper, well done sir.

You should apply both side cuz they work well together.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
my feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55764&KW=chop4ever&title=feedback-chop4ever
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 11:45am
all samples have been delivered. good luck to you all. read well chop4ever's instructions in the op. do not hesitate to pm questions however best is to ask them in the thread for everybody to benefit from the valuable advice he may give.
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 1:22am
Alrighty, so here's my review of the chop4ever's formulas

Topsheet reviver - This thing is literally the best stuff out there, I can't believe i have not bought this stuff or knew about it, it really makes the tophsheet to behave as if it's new again all over. So me and charlie tried this on Tenergy, MX-P , Donic baracuda big slam. Charlie says he has never seen something work this well in all his time tinkering with equipment. So a big win

Tuner - The tuner is very similar to victory tune from zero pong in my opinion, it has the same consistency and effect, it increases the speed and doesn't turn the rubber to mush, which i really liked on my tenergy, cause whenever i put falco on my tenergy, it feels really mushied up and it no longer has that crisp tenergy feel, but with chop4ever the rubber did not get super soft and retained its firmness, while still increasing the speed.

Ok, now the only question I have is, where can how can I buy this topsheet retriever?
Blade: BBC Hinoki Ghost
FH: Black Fastarc G-1
BH: Red Fastarc g-1
My Feedback
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Alrighty, so here's my review of the chop4ever's formulas

Topsheet reviver - This thing is literally the best stuff out there, I can't believe i have not bought this stuff or knew about it, it really makes the tophsheet to behave as if it's new again all over. So me and charlie tried this on Tenergy, MX-P , Donic baracuda big slam. Charlie says he has never seen something work this well in all his time tinkering with equipment. So a big win

Tuner - The tuner is very similar to victory tune from zero pong in my opinion, it has the same consistency and effect, it increases the speed and doesn't turn the rubber to mush, which i really liked on my tenergy, cause whenever i put falco on my tenergy, it feels really mushied up and it no longer has that crisp tenergy feel, but with chop4ever the rubber did not get super soft and retained its firmness, while still increasing the speed.

Ok, now the only question I have is, where can how can I buy this topsheet retriever?

Thank you for a positive feedback Rocketman!

I have been a Tenergy user for 10 years and I had to deal with its longevity. I have found if I left an Tenergy be exposed w/o cover sheet for a couple weeks, the topsheet dried out and change its gripiness. Firstly I used this mixture to lengthen its life, then I have experimented on an old Adidas P3 sheet, it worked like Tenergy! SO I've thought all the ESN rubber could be transform to Tenergy ! In other words, if I tune an old ESN rubber by a specific method, I could bring it close to a decent Tenergy.

The sponge tuner is similar to Dianchi, Kailin, TRF, Dandoy, Nittaku Speed Axel or Stiga Extreme but objectively I could say it clearly last longer (x2) by using the same amount.

I made them so you can buy directly from me. However, there is a registered brand name World Sport is also selling Reviver in Vietnam.

VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

You're right, some of the agents are organic base.
I have another stronger tuner formula but it is a bit smell like eucalyptus oil. That mixture might be detected by VOC detector.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 8:35pm
I have sent some samples to Europe. Hopefully ENS users could find more fun to play with my Reviver.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 1:02am
Hello peeps I still have 4 transparent bottles (topsheet and sponge) and 2 white bottles (topsheet only per chop4ever's words). 

I can still share. At this point you pay a $5 flat fee for shipping (it cost me $9 via Fedex which is the best way for me with my office's expensive but convenient system so I don't have to walk to usps in 30 minutes -one way- under the rain to save $4).

Keep the reviews coming folks!

Well done chop4ever!!!

I can't wait for pinponholic10's review; his fh loop interested me right away when I played him and I am curious about his views.

mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 6:09am
Hi folks,

I received 10 test samples from chop4ever(10 clear bottles and 10 white bottles).

I em located in Europe and i em willing to send to anyone within EU(only shipping cost must be paid from the receiver).So delivery wont take much time.

Please contact me if you are interested.
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 7:21am
I was able to test chops4ever Reviver yesterday.Here is a quick review.

I used an older rubber  Tibhar MXP red(8-9 months old) and a new haifu whale 3 black(training version black sponge).
 Now for the two bottles,the liquid is clear and it doesnt smell.Also its kind of thin like water and definately thinner then falco long and haifu seamoon.To apply the reviver is kind of tricky since you dont have the big brush inside of it and its easy to spill out more from the test samples.

Haifu whale 3 test:

Used the clear bottle . Did  try to apply a thin layer, the tuner got soaked very fast(either its the sponge or the tuner or a combination of both that yield that result).The rubber start to curl quickly and it reached a nice curve but not dome like(remember very thin layer applied).Definately faster then falco long , and bit faster the haifu.
 Used white bottle on topsheet.I did try to apply a thin layer(maybe to thin) cause this stuff almost immediately got absorbed by the topsheet.I then try to wipe according to the instructions but was to late and some stain was cleary visible.The rubber was already on the blade so i couldnt notice any curl or anything.
 Now for the result, i played the haifu without tuner on a fast blade and it still was dead slow.You struggle to make a normal drive shot. The rubber felt dull.
 After the treatment the rubber got alive it felt perky.The sponge i would say did remain firm(or if it got softer then to a very minimum degree).It got a nice speed boost that was noticable.Next time i will try 2 thin layers of the tuner and i em pretty confident that the result will be even better
 For the topsheet the effect of grip(or gain) was less noticable, but then again we are talking about a new rubber here. Good thing though is that after i cleaned the topsheet the stains got away :).

Tibhar MXP test:

This rubber is old, it shrinked a lot. Topsheet was worn especially in the middle.It has speed even after 8-9 months of use but the arc of the ball is very flat.
 Here i first did apply the white bottle for the topsheet. This time though (because i accidentally spilled to much from the bottle on the topsheet) i had thicker layer of it applied with the brush.It took a few minutes to to be completely absorbed. I didnt bother to wipe at all, and the stains were almsot not visible.
 Also i notice that the rubber didnt stay flat on the table and it got a inward curl.
Then i applied the clear bottle on the sponge. Again very lightly. It took a little bit more time for the tuner to get absorbed compare to the whale 3.Still way faster then falco and sure faster then seamoon. The effect was visible since the inward curl disappeared and the rubber did stay flat on the table. Maybe even a very slight outward curl could be seen.
 Result, topsheet got a bit shiny and with a very slight tack , running the fingernail on it there was more resistance then before , also in the middle where the rubber got abused more. About the sponge ,sound changed , and again it remained firm perky and felt crisp. I recently hit with some tenergy 80  and i can with confidence say that the feel goes in that direction. It was easier to play, rubber gained bit of speed but more noticeable was  the improvement in the arc of the ball(caused by the better sponge compression and topsheet grip).

Final verdict:

The tuner does a very good job( topsheet and sponge). It can be applied easy(with some care) and it acts fast.The stains that supposed to be left (negative point,not really) i simple cleaned and most of it if not all are gone. If i had to choose btw falco, haifu seamoon (only two i have used so far) i would definitely prefer chop4ever Reviver Phoenix. I heartily recommend it!

Edited by mttgfg - 05/05/2017 at 9:04am
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 7:39am
Thanks for your positive review mttgfg!

Next step, could you apply more tuner (the liquid from clear bottle) to sponge. Since you have used Seamoon and Falco, you would experiment how thick booster use for "one layer". Please do the same amount as you apply with S and F, it will make the rubber sheet curled as 180 degrees (half circle). From that curl, glue to the blade and play. The speed and sound will be like the day of speed glue!
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 7:47am
Aright i will apply one more layer/s next time.Pretty sure the rubber/s will curl more.I might struggle to stick it on the blade though .Probably report the outcome here again, maybe next week or so.Thank you.

Edited by mttgfg - 05/05/2017 at 9:08am
Hexers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hexers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 4:24pm
My dad and I would like to be testers.
I've sent you a PM.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 4:52pm
Like the part about it not making the sponge softer.....my problem with using FL.....

Id luv to test this stuff!!!   

fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 5:23pm
I received requests from

Rich215
Hexers

who want a sample and review the product in this thread.

I replied their PM with my Paypal info to receive $5 or more (no more than 9 please).

I will ship Monday and provide a tracking number around 4:30pm that day.

Keep the review coming folks!

Edited by fatt - 05/05/2017 at 5:24pm
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 10:08pm

I used the topsheet reviver for my worn out H2, & added one layer to sponge with sponge reviver.  Also applied to a >75hrs Xiom Vega Asia DF, both topsheet & sponge.  Appearance wise, I didn’t notice much change to the pimple intrusions that were there from usage.  When running my fingers thru the topsheet, the Vega DF however do feel much grippier than when it’s new.  The H2 remained tacky with grip.  No curling of any kind tho.  Also noticed the topsheet grab was very solid.  And the sponge felt much harder.  Overall performance is pretty impressive so far after about 20hrs.  Also gave one sample to a tenergy user, & he did mentioned the extra grip after applying one layer to his worn 05s.  He didn’t like the sponge reviver as it made the sponge harder until broken in after about 10hrs of play.  He & I were both very impressed with these products.  Will def look for Chop4ever for a new batch.  Another sample was given to a Bluefire user, waiting to hear back.  Thanks!     

Reviewer Credentials: 1900USATT rated, Penholder, 2 wings, Blade: Various 5ply Woods, 7ply Woods, Yinhe ALCs, ZLCs.  Preferred Rubbers - FH: Tacky hard sponge, BH: Euro Medium/MS sponge.  (Play Handshake ~1600),  Other samples were given to both 2050 rated players (TB ALC & Schlager Carbon).   

My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 8:10am
Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

I used the topsheet reviver for my worn out H2, & added one layer to sponge with sponge reviver.  Also applied to a >75hrs Xiom Vega Asia DF, both topsheet & sponge.  Appearance wise, I didn’t notice much change to the pimple intrusions that were there from usage.  When running my fingers thru the topsheet, the Vega DF however do feel much grippier than when it’s new.  The H2 remained tacky with grip.  No curling of any kind tho.  Also noticed the topsheet grab was very solid.  And the sponge felt much harder.  Overall performance is pretty impressive so far after about 20hrs.  Also gave one sample to a tenergy user, & he did mentioned the extra grip after applying one layer to his worn 05s.  He didn’t like the sponge reviver as it made the sponge harder until broken in after about 10hrs of play.  He & I were both very impressed with these products.  Will def look for Chop4ever for a new batch.  Another sample was given to a Bluefire user, waiting to hear back.  Thanks!     

Reviewer Credentials: 1900USATT rated, Penholder, 2 wings, Blade: Various 5ply Woods, 7ply Woods, Yinhe ALCs, ZLCs.  Preferred Rubbers - FH: Tacky hard sponge, BH: Euro Medium/MS sponge.  (Play Handshake ~1600),  Other samples were given to both 2050 rated players (TB ALC & Schlager Carbon).   

Thanks for a great positive feedback!!! Please use more sponge tuner to your H2 and see the speed effect.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 9:11pm
Another sample went to rich215. Fedex did not work so I biked to usps (sunny Seattle).
under $3!!! Rich215 some money is coming back to you.
emihet View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 1:51pm
i would like to test as well
fatt let me know how much i need to send you
Stiga Clipper Wood,Butterfly Power Drive, Viscaria,
CUSTOM: BBC, PALATINUS, ROSS, BORKO
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 5:29pm
Test sample send to user:
Olio.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

it's all gone on my side. 
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

it's all gone on my side. 

Thank you FATT! You have done a great job!

VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 3:07am
I have red many advice that we have to apply 3-4 layers of WTB glue and wait for the rubber turn to be flat (2-3 days). It takes long time and adds in 10grs of weight! You feel more powerful just because your bat get heavier.

Here is my solution: no pre-glue, 1 layer of WTB, don't have to wait, light rubber, faster and firmer rubber.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 6:03am
Not received yet, but will report when I've tried it...

How does it work on slightly tacky rubbers? (eg Genesis, but also Vega Euro DF, etc)
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

Not received yet, but will report when I've tried it...

How does it work on slightly tacky rubbers? (eg Genesis, but also Vega Euro DF, etc)

I works great in slightly tacky rubbers. There is a case it doesn't work in Stiga Calibra as FATT has mentioned. You have to clean the oil out when it is still remain 25% on the topsheet.

VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
BRS View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 8:09am
So is there a way to buy the stuff in US, or only testing right now?
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 8:35am
test samples where send to fatt. As i read fatt  has send all his samples.I have some but i em in europe, so i can ask about shipping and also if chop4ever agrees(since my samples are meant for europe).

Edited by mttgfg - 05/16/2017 at 8:35am
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 8:57am
Originally posted by mttgfg mttgfg wrote:

test samples where send to fatt. As i read fatt  has send all his samples.I have some but i em in europe, so i can ask about shipping and also if chop4ever agrees(since my samples are meant for europe).

The shipping to USA is super expensive for a tiny bottle.
For who still want to try out, pls wait for the next shipment. I will ask some one to take more and send out.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 9:19am
I would like to try out the topsheet reviver. For the booster, I already use Seamoon and Kailin.
Please let me know if you can ship 2 bottles of reviver to India. I intend to use it on H3N on my FH and T64 on my BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic