Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Upgrade to Markv? Goldarc 5? Musa 3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Garypham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garypham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade to Markv? Goldarc 5? Musa 3?
    Posted: 04/15/2017 at 5:31pm
Hi everyone, I am looking to upgrade from my markv rubbers to another classic type, but hopefully improved rubber. Two that caught my interest are the musa 3 and goldarc 5, both of which run for around 25 to 26 dollars. I was wondering if anyone here has used them and can give me a comparison on how they compare to Markv in terms of speed/spin/feel. Are there any other recently released nontensor rubbes that you recommend over these for a beginner/intermediate level player? Thanks!
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 8:44pm
There isn't really a suitable "replacement" for Mark V that I've found.  Mark V is it's own thing.  It is unique.  I've tried Musa and the ESN "control" rubber does not move/feel like a true classic Japanese rubber.  It has a synthetic feel and does not control the ball in the same manner while driving the ball.  The bet bet for a faster Mark V, would be Mark V HPS and HPS Soft.  I've used both and with a bit of break-in time (and/or tuning if you're into that), if feels and plays just about like good ol' Mark V.  
Donic Waldner (FL): fh/bh - Yasaka Mark V HPS
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 8:50pm
i think you need a rubber that has the same feel with mark v. you can try killerspin fortissimo. has better  spin and a bit faster than mark v but it has this classic feel you are looking for.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic