Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Great Master of the Reverse Penhold Forehand
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Great Master of the Reverse Penhold Forehand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Great Master of the Reverse Penhold Forehand
    Posted: 04/17/2017 at 5:10am
The legendary Chiang Peng Lung barely escapes. The reverse penhold forehand is much deadlier weapon than the rpb.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 04/17/2017 at 5:29am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 11:44am
Xu Xin showed this skill in one of the Stiga video

EJ-turned blade collector
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

He never uses it while master Moulin uses it exclusively to win his matches.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 5:33pm
(ChichoFicho)  The legendary Chiang Peng Lung barely escapes.  The reverse penhold forehand is much deadlier weapon than the rpb.

Despite buffering problems with my laptop, I watched the video clip you posted twice and did not see a reverse penhold forehand from either player.   A reverse penhold forehand is possible, but I do not see how it could be more effective than a conventional penhold forehand.  Are you sure that that is what you meant to write?

B. Mann, a conventional penhold forehand penholder and reverse penhold backhander with a compact 6-ply custom made SuperHock hardbat from 2000-2005.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 6:59pm
May I know what is a reverse penhold forehand stroke ? How is it executed ?

Thks.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2017 at 9:09pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcscISPzk5Y&feature=channel_video_title

Here is Xu Xin's video I mentioned. It's used in real match as well, but very rare.
EJ-turned blade collector
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 3:43am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

(ChichoFicho)  The legendary Chiang Peng Lung barely escapes.  The reverse penhold forehand is much deadlier weapon than the rpb.

Despite buffering problems with my laptop, I watched the video clip you posted twice and did not see a reverse penhold forehand from either player.   A reverse penhold forehand is possible, but I do not see how it could be more effective than a conventional penhold forehand.  Are you sure that that is what you meant to write?

B. Mann, a conventional penhold forehand penholder and reverse penhold backhander with a compact 6-ply custom made SuperHock hardbat from 2000-2005.

Dear B. Mann,
Watch in carefully in a slow motion and you will see that master Moulin uses the inverted rubber on his backhand side to spin the ball sent to his forehand side. It is more effective because the opponent doesn't expect it
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 3:45am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcscISPzk5Y&feature=channel_video_title

Here is Xu Xin's video I mentioned. It's used in real match as well, but very rare.

Unfortunately, Xu Xin is far behind master Moulin with regard to this stroke. Xu Xin just drives the ball down the line. Master Moulin puts huge amounr of sidespin on the ball and can send it in any direction 
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 4:40am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

is he using pips short or long? I ve seen liu doing this trick in 2000 olympics
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 4:45am
Wow that's really impressive... Didn't know anyone who actually uses it as a regular shot, normally people just twiddle for those shots. I think he's using some sort of long pips on his FH side if I'm not mistaken, so the sudden change from long pips pushblocking to an inverted attack could be quite disorienting. Chiang had the correct strategy of attacking the deep FH to avoid the nasty pips block.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 4:52am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Wow that's really impressive... Didn't know anyone who actually uses it as a regular shot, normally people just twiddle for those shots. I think he's using some sort of long pips on his FH side if I'm not mistaken, so the sudden change from long pips pushblocking to an inverted attack could be quite disorienting. Chiang had the correct strategy of attacking the deep FH to avoid the nasty pips block.

couldnt think of an amateur blocking chiang s loop even with few training chiang must be very powerful

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 5:09am
Ok, its cooool. I thought he was twiddling.Clap

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 5:18am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

is he using pips short or long? I ve seen liu doing this trick in 2000 olympics
Master Moulin uses long pips Saviga Fantasy OX.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 4:29pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 4:37pm
This is the racket of the great master

Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 5:33am
Is it legal to use rubber like that ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 5:47am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

No. I guess he plays with it in training matches.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 7:07am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

That is all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 7:22am
DisgustingWacko

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 2:20pm
The great master does not use this paddle in official matches.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2017 at 4:51pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 11:21am

Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

Dear B. Mann,
Watch in carefully in a slow motion and you will see that master Moulin uses the inverted rubber on his backhand side to spin the ball sent to his forehand side. It is more effective because the opponent doesn't expect it

Yep, the RPF is very clear in the point at the 2:00 and 2:30 mark.  Quite impressive actually.  Both loops in this point, he was able to penetrate CPL's backhand TPB block.  Not easy to do against a WTTC semi-finalist.  Even if not as active, CPL would be 2600-2700.  Moulin's RPB has great power also.  It would be interesting to see if he just stayed with the pure pushblocker style vs. mixing up loops, which style would give him a higher level.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 2:22pm
Yeah, master Moulin is a solid 2500 player.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic