Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 NCTTA Nationals Highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 NCTTA Nationals Highlights
    Posted: 04/19/2017 at 2:22am
Going to be running highlight vids for the following from the 2017 TMS National College Table Tennis Championships in Wisconsin:

- Men's and Women's Doubles Finals
- Men's and Women's Singles semifinals and finals
- Coed Team Final
- Women's Team Final

Thanks to my awesome video man Tony Murnahan, the first one is off the production line tonight!

http://mhtabletennis.com
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 10:27am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 8:14am
Re: the NCTTA men's finals (Jishan vs Bruno) highlights: Jishan Liang has played quite a few times in Westchester tournament finals (videos are on youtube), usually against players with similar TT background as he has.

To me, this finals of contrasting styles (Chinese vs European) seemed more interesting.

Edited by slevin - 04/20/2017 at 8:21am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 2:58pm
Men's Singles Final

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 4:16pm
The men's singles final was very entertaining to watch - thanks a lot. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 11:46pm
Women's Singles Final - Wu Yue vs. Lily Zhang

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 10:23am
Men's Singles Semifinal - Bruno Ventura vs. Li Pu

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 10:04am
Women's Singles Semifinals:

Edited by PingPongPom - 04/24/2017 at 4:59pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 10:37pm
Highlights of the NCTTA Co-Ed National Team Final:

in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 11:11am
How can a Co-Ed team be only males?

:)
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 11:19am
Sorry but 3 frames per second makes it impossible for me to enjoy.

EDIT:  hmm, seems much better on youtube than here.

Edited by WeebleWobble - 04/27/2017 at 11:22am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

How can a Co-Ed team be only males?

Apparently it only used to be Co-Ed but then they added Women's Teams as well. So you can either have a Women's Team or a mixed team. You can enter all women or all men or a mix into Co-Ed :)
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 12:16pm
Seems to me a mis-labeling of the event.

As it is with the name of the event it appears that one side was playing with the intent of the event and one side did not.  Did TW have females on their roster available to play?  That would seem to me, to be the intent of a name like 'co-ed'.

Like, how different would a TW Men's Team be different than their Co-Ed line up?  (I know, no men's team, but, 'label'.)

Edited by in2spin - 04/27/2017 at 12:17pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 2:09pm

Seems to me a mis-labeling of the event.

As it is with the name of the event it appears that one side was playing with the intent of the event and one side did not.  Did TW have females on their roster available to play?  That would seem to me, to be the intent of a name like 'co-ed'.

Like, how different would a TW Men's Team be different than their Co-Ed line up?  (I know, no men's team, but, 'label'.)

All of TW's women competed in the Women's Team event. Some schools aren't able to form Men's or Women's Teams and have a mix of players. Also the Co-Ed is a chance to put forward the strongest team, for example UC Berkeley which has Lily Zhang, Prachi Jha, Teddy Tran and Aarsh Shah together in one team.

Maybe they should just call it Open Teams.

Edited by PingPongPom - 04/27/2017 at 2:10pm
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 3:30pm
Yeah, and it would appear to me that UC Berkeley had the strongest actual co-ed team.

But TW had the strongest Men's Team.

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 6:14pm

Yeah, and it would appear to me that UC Berkeley had the strongest actual co-ed team.

But TW had the strongest Men's Team.

Co-ed here just means that a team CAN include both men and women, not that it MUST (which would be too complicated to implement). Occasionally there are even all-female teams playing in the co-ed event. TWU in the past often had female players on the co-ed team, but this year they had the luxury of being able to field 2 completely separate teams when needed. Berkeley didn't have that luxury.

If you have a better "label" NCTTA will probably be happy to consider it. "Open" could be misleading as it suggests pro-am... "Gender-neutral"? Wink

Edited by amateur - 04/27/2017 at 6:16pm
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2017 at 1:46pm

But TW had the strongest Men's Team or Open Team.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic