FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Arctic Wood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Arctic Wood
    Posted: 04/05/2019 at 9:06am
84.4 grams the the Tommy Zai model
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2019 at 1:13pm
Hey, come and grab this one cheap. I'm running to the post today. ;-)

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 2:57pm
Not exactly, it feels like its around the same hardness as koto i suppose, but definitely felt harder than limba and hinoki. It just felt a bit unique compared to many of the regular woods that are available . 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

the actic has quite a unique feel due to its outer .
What exactly do you mean by this? Does it have a very hard feeling?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I gots me one. ;-)

That is a great looking blade i must admit.

I love this blade, but if there's a shortage of them out there and someone else would love it more . . . I'll sell it cheap to spread the love. PM me. LOL
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 2:16pm
I usually go with Stiga ST handles because I find the master too thin and the legend too thick.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

NV42 is the legend handle really smaller, that would annoy me and make me not want one?

Sadly, this was the first time I tried a legend handle and yes, it is quite thin and flat, bascially quite small all round. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I gots me one. ;-)

That is a great looking blade i must admit.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 4:31am
NV42 is the legend handle really smaller, that would annoy me and make me not want one?

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2019 at 12:18am
The arctic wood compared to the infinity is :-
1. Less reactive to incoming spin, while still giving you a feeling of good bite to produce a lot of spin on loops.
2. Less spinner on serves, pushes.
3. Better from a few more steps behind the table compared to the infinity.
4. Not hollow feeling like the infinity.
5. Shitty handle, like all new stiga blades i suppose, small and thin. Love the beefy handle on the infinity.

If you mix up your game with control loops as well as occasianal aggressive drives then the arctic wood is better. The infinity feels too hollow to be able to confidently drive the ball all out. Also, the actic has quite a unique feel due to its outer . *Edit* this is my review based on the 4 infinity i've tried + 1 i own and 1 arctic wood i own. 

Edited by nv42 - 03/27/2019 at 2:08pm
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2019 at 10:51pm
I gots me one. ;-)

Edited by tommyzai - 03/26/2019 at 10:55pm
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2019 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Glad the Infinity doesn't have the metal tag! 
I have the Celero and Eternity VPS with metal tag and I think it's very annoying. Really dislike it to be honest. It looks great, but I don't like the feel of it.

Isn't it incredible how a company in business as long as Stiga has can mess up on a detail like this? It's almost like they have a death wish. Their website is also lacking in many ways. Sometimes it's the little things that make big differences.

Did you ever try the Artic Wood?

Does anyone have any comparisons to the Infinity yet?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:47am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

what about artic vs clipper?

I used to have a Samsonov Force Pro Black, not a Clipper specifically, but to compare: 

Arctic is slower and harder, Arctic is probably only a bit more flexy than SFPB, I found Arctic easier to loop with probably due to its lower speed. 

Force Pro Black is the only blade I have ever truly felt like was out of my control zone. That thing was brutally fast. Arctic is much more controllable, and reminds me of a more crisp feeling Eternity.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2018 at 1:38am
After a hiatus, I finally got an Arctic Wood with ST handle, 85g. H2 Neo on both sides.

After a few sessions I would say its hardness and flex is between my Joola Greenline Extreme (Ebony) and the Yinhe E-1 (Koto) I used to have. Not excessively stiff, nor too much flex--probably a bit more on the stiff side.

On some hits it feels quite crispy, yet on others it feels average, and sometimes flat hits are nice, other times they go long. My guess then is that the sweet spot isn't too large, but not terrible.

The feedback is interesting too. Its kind of like the feedback one gets with ESN rubbers in that a snappy feel arises when a proper hit is achieved. Overall, it feels like a Stiga blade, but I actually like this one.

It is also quite a pretty blade, veneers and handle. I like it.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by stancuzi stancuzi wrote:

Clipper is definitely stiffer and faster. I play Celero presently and I'd say it remeinds me of AR Classic Carbon, just a bit faster.
It's still a good blade that gives you nice and clear feel while playing.
Cheers, Stan

what about artic vs clipper?
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 8:47am
Just tried the red+black handmade custom blades from levi.... ruby is all wood 5 ply but has insane gears! Slow but fast as hell if you allow yourself to go through the ball. It's my new main for now. Currently have mxp and elp on it in max
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Jak Jak wrote:

Has anyone tried this blade? I'm planning to stepping down from Viscaria because of control issue. I want a 5ply blade that is off/off- and still good looping as Viscaria and 83-85g. How is Artic wood compared to Korbel, Virtouso, acoustic, and rest of the 5 ply. Don't know what to choose.

I have read that Artic wood is quite stiff? I really don't want it to be super stiff, need some flex.

Jak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2018 at 8:07am
Has anyone tried this blade? I'm planning to stepping down from Viscaria because of control issue. I want a 5ply blade that is off/off- and still good looping as Viscaria and 83-85g. How is Artic wood compared to Korbel, Virtouso, acoustic, and rest of the 5 ply. Don't know what to choose.

I have read that Artic wood is quite stiff? I really don't want it to be super stiff, need some flex.

Edited by Jak - 02/12/2018 at 8:09am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

no way intensity and clipper are the same speed

You mean Clipper is faster?

intensity is faster more solid like a slab of steel
Halon X View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halon X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2017 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by Halon X Halon X wrote:

To some extent, Arctic Wood feels like a crisper and faster violin.
Speed is similar to acoustic, faster than violin.
Feel is crisp and rather hard, more like violin than acoustic.
Balance is center, similar to violin.
ST handle size is similar to violin and acoustic LG (large handle).

Thanks arg0 :) can you also compare AW to NAC Inner LG? I'm planning to get NA LG or NAC Inner LG to complement with my AW

Unfortunately not. Even the comparison with regular Acoustic only comes from distant memories... AW does not feel or sound at all like a carbon blade, so I assume that it will be very different than NAC, even if it's the Inner version.
Thanks for the reply arg0 :)

Edited by Halon X - 12/30/2017 at 6:21pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Halon X Halon X wrote:

Thanks arg0 :) can you also compare AW to NAC Inner LG? I'm planning to get NA LG or NAC Inner LG to complement with my AW

Unfortunately not. Even the comparison with regular Acoustic only comes from distant memories... AW does not feel or sound at all like a carbon blade, so I assume that it will be very different than NAC, even if it's the Inner version.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Halon X View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halon X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 8:16pm

Edited by Halon X - 12/29/2017 at 8:17pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 7:04pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
Halon X View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halon X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 2:48am
Hi,

Is Artic Wood comparable to Nittaku Violin/Acoustic? if not what is the difference or similarity if any?
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 1:15pm
Clipper is definitely stiffer and faster. I play Celero presently and I'd say it remeinds me of AR Classic Carbon, just a bit faster.
It's still a good blade that gives you nice and clear feel while playing.
Cheers, Stan
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 12:04pm

I have the Celero and Eternity VPS with metal tag and I think it's very annoying. Really dislike it to be honest. It looks great, but I don't like the feel of it.

how fast and stiff is the celero compared to clipper?
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 11:54am

If you care about one more data point, the metal tag looks cool (pun intended) and does not bother me at all.

Thanks for the feedback. I can't get a hold of one to try out, so it's not worth taking a chance. But I wonder why would they even take a chance with such a design? A finely honed handle interrupted by a label in relief?? To me, it is just a very strange marketing/design decision. I was about to pull the trigger on TT11 but decided not to after reading the review on TTGear.

Edited by richrf - 10/14/2017 at 11:55am
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 11:47am
If you care about one more data point, the metal tag looks cool (pun intended) and does not bother me at all.
Join the Nexy Clan!
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 9:22am

Isn't it incredible how a company in business as long as Stiga has can mess up on a detail like this? It's almost like they have a death wish. Their website is also lacking in many ways. Sometimes it's the little things that make big differences.
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2017 at 6:03am

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic