tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

U S Nationals 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 3:41am

Presently 254 entries - Projected 800+

AK & HI already represented

Registration Deadline May 31

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 05/15/2017 at 3:42am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2017 at 9:36am
Signed up and ready to play mts888 in all the finals!
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 7:06am

Presently 345 entries - Projected 800+

Registration Deadline May 31
danseemiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 10:44am
I think it will come up short of the 800. My guess 720.
DS
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

I think it will come up short of the 800. My guess 720.

I think you are correct, although I'm always surprised at the number of last minute entries.

I'm wondering what the 2018 will look like with the World Veterans Games 2 weeks before the Nationals.  Since both are in Las Vegas I am going to have to decide which one to go to.   I'm leaning toward the Nationals because of the extra events I can enter. 
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 4:56pm
Boy Mike, that is a toughie.  At the World Vets' you're guaranteed at least three matches in the Championship and Consolation round robins plus you get to play against every style from steady Asian classic penhold topspinners to cagey Euro twiddlers who chop with long pips on their forehand side, have nasty angled pushes and sudden backhand attacks as quick as a desert thunderstorm.  It's ironic that now that I don't play competitively this particular World Vets' is just a 410 mile plane ride from Tucson.

OTOH, at the Nats you can enter any event for which you are eligible and as many events as your pocketbook can afford.  You just have to go with what your table tennis heart tells you on this one.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/17/2017 at 6:14pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
danseemiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:32pm
Guarantee of 8 matches at the World Vets if you have a doubles partner. 4 singles and 4 doubles.

DS
emihet View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:41pm

Guarantee of 8 matches at the World Vets if you have a doubles partner. 4 singles and 4 doubles.

that is nice...i know many people are looking forward to the event
Stiga Clipper Wood,Butterfly Power Drive, Viscaria,
CUSTOM: BBC, PALATINUS, ROSS, BORKO
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 7:04pm

Exactly, Dan.  Though it's been a mere 15 years since I last played in a World Vets' (in Lucerne, Switzerland) I in a moment of brain freeze forgot about the doubles. 

Let's see now.  As I recall, I hope correctly, the Championship round robin consists of four players.  Thus you play three players in the Championship round.  If you finish first (which I never did), you get to go to the next Championship round, which is single elimination.

The same goes for the Consolation round.  If you finish first in Consolation singles, the next rounds are single elimination.
If I recall correctly, and maybe I don't as my once razor sharp brain has turned into a neurological train wreck, the doubles goes under the same procedure.

If I'm wrong, which does occasionally happen, would you be so kind as to straighten out the World Vets' procedure for mts288, should he change his mind and to decide to attend it instead of the Nationals. 

At any rate, the World Vets', and I played in six of them, is well organized, with a day off in the middle of the week to go on an excursion which is not too expensive plus you get to meet and play against different styles from all over the world and learn to count to 21 (now to 11) in a number of languages.

One thing that does surprise me though, for those of us over 75 and in particular those around 80-85.  No separate hardbat event.  Curses.  If the World Vets' had seen fit to have a HB event, I might actually have gotten out of the first Championship round. 

Oh well.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/17/2017 at 7:18pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 6:35pm

Presently 449 entries - Projected 800+

Early Registration Deadline Friday May 19

Final Registration Deadline May 31

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 05/18/2017 at 6:42pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

If anyone is looking for a partner for the teams event, please let me know. I have a friend from Colorado (rated around 1200) who is looking for someone to partner with in the event.

FYI - the registration/entry website has a glitch in it and we have a number of teams (don't have the exact number right now) entered in the teams event. We are trying to figure out why it is not showing - our registration team is working on this. 

As it relates to doubles, if you love to play doubles (which I do), I would suggest the team event as an alternative to the 2700/3700 that we are not having at this year's Nationals. You are guaranteed more matches (round robin groups of 4 means that you will get at least three doubles matches in)...hopefully people enjoy the team event!

Hi Gordon,

I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but I ran into a problem with the Adult Team Day event and I thought you might be able to help.  I'm posting this here in case anyone else runs into this.

I registered to play in that team event (since, as you say, we are now missing the U2700/3700 doubles) with a local friend of mine as a teammate.  My friend is Serbian, meaning he's not a US citizen.  When he went to register, Jon Taylor told him that US citizenship is required for this event.  This, of course, means I've got no teammate and my fiend misses this event (after I talked him into it!).

My objection is two-fold: first, I can't find anywhere in the materials for the Adult Team Day event that says it's restricted on citizenship.  How can you add a restriction without publishing it first?  Second, there is no purpose in making this restriction, since it's really supposed to be a replacement for lost doubles event.

I exchanged a couples of emails with Jon and he stated that "it's like the junior teams".  But that doesn't make any sense: the junior teams is about qualifying to join the junior teams that represent the US.  Our event is about playing as part of a personal team (friends, clubmates, whatever) in an event that has no particular significance beyond the Nationals tournament.

Can you explain this to me?  Or, better yet, get a more sensible ruling on this?  And quickly?  Clearly, staying or not staying for a Saturday even effects my flight and hotel plans (and that of my friend). 

Thanks.
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:26pm
Ben -

Thanks for pointing this out. 

NON-US CITIZENS MAY ENTER THE ADULT TEAM EVENT! The on-line entry system has been fixed!

Sorry about the confusion, all...

Also, as an FYI (for those who are interested)...the junior team events on Saturday have nothing to do with qualifying for our National Teams. Those events all start on Monday.

Again, I apologize for the miscommunication. I hope to see LOTS of people playing in the TEAMS event!
JOOLA Aruna OFF / T-05 / RHZYM TECH
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 8:30pm
[QUOTE=Gordy]

Late fee starts tomorrow for you!  You can't win if you don't enter.

Edited by mts388 - 05/19/2017 at 8:30pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 4:31am
Presently 621 entries - Projected 800+

39 states represented

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 05/20/2017 at 9:52pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 2:25am
Presently 644 entries - Projected 800+

40 states represented

Can you guess the states not represented ?

Can you guess the final # of entries ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 9:06am
My guess is 745.
Donic Epox Offensive
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 8:29pm
Maine, Vermont, West Virgina not repped.

812 total entries.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Odie Odie wrote:

Maine, Vermont, West Virgina not repped.
812 total entries.

Maine is represented
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2017 at 10:12pm
It was a guess.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:12am
Where are you getting 812?  I only see 656 as of this morning   (There are currently 656 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV.)

And don't get me wrong, I would love for the number to be super high, I care less about the guess...
Donic Epox Offensive
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by mycuzinvinny mycuzinvinny wrote:

Where are you getting 812?  I only see 656 as of this morning   (There are currently 656 entries for the 2017 US Nationals, July 3 through 8 in Las Vegas, NV.)

And don't get me wrong, I would love for the number to be super high, I care less about the guess...

Same place where you got 745 from. LOL It is Odie's guess in response to LUCKYLOOP's post. 

USATT: 1725
BTY Defense Alpha - Rasant Beat - Cloud & Fog OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:21am
LOL, I guess so Wacko
Donic Epox Offensive
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 1:53pm
I may have missed it, but which playing hall is being used? 
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Not sure, call their toll free number to find out.
acong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 6:58pm
QQ: My rating is updated since registration. Which will be used in seeding? The updated one or the one at registration time?
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by acong acong wrote:

QQ: My rating is updated since registration. Which will be used in seeding? The updated one or the one at registration time?

Your updated rating will be used for seeding.
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 7:12pm

C 3 & 4
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

C 3 & 4

Yes, I wrote to Gordon in the meanwhile and he was kind enough to let me know this.  These are the central halls used in most prior years.  Last December was N 3 & 4, the north halls nearest the Westgate.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by acong acong wrote:

Your updated rating will be used for seeding.
Ratings from June 8th will be used for seeding purposes.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 11:01pm

Presently 669 entries

Might not make 700

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic