Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane 8 comericial ($30) throw angle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 8 comericial ($30) throw angle
    Posted: 05/02/2017 at 11:31pm
bear with me this might be long but not that complicated at all. Big smileBig smile

So I tried the h3 commercial and neo and both have quite high throw angles tho I was expect them to be more like a low throw rubber like andro rasant turbo.  the h3 and neo have around med to high throw depending on much topspin is coming , and bat angle. I had mostly experienced with low throw set ups so not quite used to the higher throw of h3 or neo, as my balls kept on going beyond the table by like 1-2 inches. on the ttdb.com site h8 commercial is listed as low throw rubber, so around 4.7/10 (which on the site is listed as medium) that's around the same as andro rasant turbo (4.4, also medium). however, many a times the ratings on the site aren't always quite accurate. I'm asking if any of u guys had actualexperience with the h8 and can tell me abt it's throw angle characteristics.
Feng Shuei
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 11:39pm
Yes, some people here had actual experience and posted it here. Just search the forum.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 12:59am
under what catalog, equipment?

Feng Shuei
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 1:36am
Originally posted by m123456 m123456 wrote:

under what catalog, equipment?

Yes, and then look under "rubber reviews". The search function can be quite useful too.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 11:51pm
Can sb compare H8 to H2?
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 1:33am
h2 is really hard like h8, both are true Chinese style rubbers. low throw super tacky, hard dense sponge. only difference is h2 is more tacky, but h8 has higher throw, less tack, more speed because more elastic sponge.
Feng Shuei
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 1:37am
For what it's worth, see link. I have found the H8 to work even better with a hard all-wooden blade. Can't help with a comparison to H2.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 2:12am
it would work with any hard or carbon blade, because the rubber doesn't have that much speed, compared to tenergy or other modern non tacky rubbers that are like tenergy. so get a fast blade with this rubber so get the most out of it, because u can't go that much forward in power with this rubber as you can with tnergy or bluefire m1, or even hurricane 3. this is due to the tacky topsheet and low throw. you must always do a brush stroke lifting the ball up to clear the net. this reduces the forward power u can put on shots, so fast blade work best with this.
Feng Shuei
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 2:13am
it's just simple physics having to do with vectors and projectile motion.
Feng Shuei
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 5:52pm
I agree, I play a fast stiff blade with H2 and it works well. I haven't tried H8 yet, but from what I have read so far is that they seem to be very similar. Except that H8 might be slightly faster, much heavier and more expensive. Are there any real advantages of H8 over H2?
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 8:33pm
just more speed due to increased air resistance in the new plastic ball. I don't know abt control. spin is same. and trust me when they say this thing was made for the plastic ball. they mean only for plastic. I used it on regular celluloid 3 star ball and the ball literally doesn't wanna dip in for some reason. when I put speed my strokes, the damn ball goes flying out the table. use h8 only on plastic. u lack control and spin with h8 on celulloid
Feng Shuei
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 8:40pm
for the hurricane 8 an amultart would work just as well as stiga infinity vps, but control and speed differ with each blade. you need to just find ur best optiobn
Feng Shuei
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 8:42pm
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-arctic-wood
this new artic wood works as well
Feng Shuei
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 9:50am
thanks for the info! in our league games are mostly still played with the celluloid ball, so I will stick with H2 for now, unless I feel like buying an extra copy of my blade along with H8.
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 8:17pm
what is ur blade that u use?
Feng Shuei
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 10:53am
TSP Balsa 6.5. Pairs well with the classic chinese stuff since the blade is basically a second sponge.
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 6:36pm
yeah it is a soft blade, even tho it has a offensive rating

Feng Shuei
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 7:53pm
Why do you guys think that H8 is like H2? I have tried H2, H3, and H8. H2 is very hard, tacky and slow. It has a flat trajectory that is deadly if it lands on the table. H3 has a similar trajectory, but it is faster and the topsheet is a little softer, giving it more 'killing power'. H8 feels softer than H2 and H3 to me, and faster. It is nowhere near as hard as the H3 I use. H8 is a bit bouncier, with a higher arc. It is not slow. It plays most similarly to a 37-39 degree H3 Neo, not H2. H8 is similar in tackiness to H3, less tacky than H2. You can put lots of power on the ball with any of these rubbers, you don't need a fast blade.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2017 at 8:09pm
H8 has a low throw compared to hurricane 8 who's throw is pretty high for a Chinese rubber. sometimes u can. but I boosted my hurricane 3 but doesn't produce enough power when paied with my stiga infinity vps. speed is ok for close to table. but farther from table, not so much. u need more muscle and more effort farther away.
Feng Shuei
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 7:51am
Hm... my H2 is soft, barely tacky and fast.
It is a boosted red 39 deg sheet though.
Also H3 has much higher arc that is asymmertrical, not like H2 at all.
The Neo versions are more bouncy. How does H8 bounciness compare?
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 9:42pm
oh yeah u should know that once a hurricane has losts its tack, it becomes a lot faster, and like u lose control and u don't get much spin or lift for the ball. h8 is more bouncy due to the 15 percent increase in spnge elasticity. so going only sponge wise, h8 is more bouncy, if say u were to put a rubber protector plastic sheet on ull find that h8 is the most bouncy, but in real match it lacks the bunce because of the tacky nature, but it's still a power rubber tho.
Feng Shuei
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2017 at 9:20am
okay, but is it more bouncy than H2N? Its bounciness makes it pair well with all wood blades, but on fast composite regular h2 is better. also, what does the topsheet feel like when brushing, does it have clear crisp feel like a h2n or is it more mushy like an overboosted h2 that lost its tack.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Yes, some people here had actual experience and posted it here. Just search the forum.
You remind of a colleague I recently asked how a certain word was pronounced. His reply was: 'Have you tried googling it?' 

Although that is probably a reasonable answer to 95% of questions, the world would sure be a quiet place if no one asked questions anymore and we all just googled things.

Also, the search function on here often doesn't work all too well (for me at least).
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

You remind of a colleague I recently asked how a certain word was pronounced. His reply was: 'Have you tried googling it?' 

Although that is probably a reasonable answer to 95% of questions, the world would sure be a quiet place if no one asked questions anymore and we all just googled things.

Also, the search function on here often doesn't work all too well (for me at least).

I agree with you in general and I ask questions everyday too as I am a scientist. However, there are certain questions people keep on asking here on the forum that have already been discussed a million times. For example, if I needed some information (let's say about Hurricane 8), I go to the equipment section and then look under "rubber reviews" . Guess what, there is a thread on Hurricane 8 which is 4 pages long. By the way, I didn't say anything about Google though for a lot of "obvious" questions it is quite a powerful tool and if you are looking for equipment reviews it does bring up a lot of good stuff.

My Feedback
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2022 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

Why do you guys think that H8 is like H2? I have tried H2, H3, and H8. H2 is very hard, tacky and slow. It has a flat trajectory that is deadly if it lands on the table. H3 has a similar trajectory, but it is faster and the topsheet is a little softer, giving it more 'killing power'. H8 feels softer than H2 and H3 to me, and faster. It is nowhere near as hard as the H3 I use. H8 is a bit bouncier, with a higher arc. It is not slow. It plays most similarly to a 37-39 degree H3 Neo, not H2. H8 is similar in tackiness to H3, less tacky than H2. You can put lots of power on the ball with any of these rubbers, you don't need a fast blade.

This seems the most accurate in my experience so far.

Essentially, many commenters talk of the sponge which is misleading in 2022 because all the commercial orange sponges seem the same to me H2 H3 H8 sponges all come in the 38-41*.  

We should really only speak about the topsheet.  

H2 seems the densest (I think due to the pip structure).  The least dynamic and probably why it seems 'harder'.  I seem to clip the net more with it than with H8.  I won't comment on H3 but think its in the middle.  I notice that I get more of tiny catapult (like the rubber stretches back and then flings forward) and in flat hitting I get more to the blade with a clack.  So H8 topsheet is either less dense or has a more elastic topsheet.  

Now when talking about blades it becomes really interesting.  

For blocking an opponents spin or fishing with minimal effort from a distance the harder carbon blades all play better because the bring down the throw angle/reduce the spin or increase the speed (to speed ratio).  None of the rubbers play slow IMO when on say a primorac carbon.

But to me this all kind of defeats much of purpose of the rubbers.  Often then counter looping ends up going long.

A slower dwellier flexible blade will give you the extremes of the spin and land on the table but you have to deal with the poor blocking ability = blocks end up going high.  Loops are like rainbows but are monstrous spin.

---

I have recently settled on all round wood blades and am favoiring H8 but want to retrial H2 to try to bring that throw angle down.  

Hard blade I love H8

Soft I reckon H2 might be the go.

---

In the end they are all play similar enough for me.  I just reckon for those of us that have spent most our time euro/Jap rubbers on FH H8 is the best transition. 
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic