Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS H3 Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 1:01pm
Any cheap chinese rubber gets really good if you glue it.  That's why they're trying to hard to make self-tuning illegal.  No surprise here.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Any cheap chinese rubber gets really good if you glue it.  That's why they're trying to hard to make self-tuning illegal.  No surprise here.

Also, I don't believe these rubbers are made by dhs.  I think they're the best work of some company like palio or some worker who sneaks in at night and makes these.  Many if not most of the fakes are actually better than the dhs versions.  

If DHS has these great versions, why don't they make them available to their official vendors?  Why wouldn't they sell it to Zeropong?  According to dhs, their newest and bestest rubber is h8, right?

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 1:58pm
FWIW, sale of the Friendship 755(now commercially available as Friendship 755 faster,) the long pips used by Deng Yaping, was explicitly prohibited until she retired.

DHS has officially responded saying the National Hurricane 2/3 used by the team A members are strictly off-limits to the public.

Same story for the Armstrong pips used by Fukuhara.

Edited by zeio - 05/18/2017 at 1:59pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 4:30pm
Nothing new here.  Way back in the late '30s, the Hodgman Rubber Co. made a rubber especially for the American players Sol Schiff, Jimmy McClure, Lou Pagliaro and Buddy Blattner.  It was called Hodgman American Pride and was a bit thicker and faster and spinner than the usual hard stuff the general public got.

Fake news?  Alternative facts? Look it up for yourselves at the USATT website in Tim Boggan's book History of U.S. Table Tennis, Vol. 1.  It's something of a tough read, but you should be able to find this little known bit of American table tennis arcana in there somewhere.  Or maybe not.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/18/2017 at 4:41pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 7:14pm

Also, I don't believe these rubbers are made by dhs.  I think they're the best work of some company like palio or some worker who sneaks in at night and makes these.  Many if not most of the fakes are actually better than the dhs versions.  

If DHS has these great versions, why don't they make them available to their official vendors?  Why wouldn't they sell it to Zeropong?  According to dhs, their newest and bestest rubber is h8, right?

Hi Cole_ely

I have used some of your handicraft works in 2006-2007. When you glued H3 and G999 topsheet to Dawei sponges. They enlightened me.

There was a guy in Australia who bought from you and stamp " HK Sample" on it, then he pretended these rubbers from a female coach in Hong Kong. Hence these rubbers would be sold by a huge price, same as "H3 NT blue sponge".

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" (

Joseph Goebbels)

I also don't think all the H3 in which name "prov", "pro", "NT", "blue sponge",...are actually from DHS.

There is a BIG CONFUSED in this modern world, where truth can be proved as lie and vice versa.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 7:18pm

The challenge is fair. If you glue, you would also glue all.
My point here is, even you glue or boost, the "well-known" "super expensive" H3 is still can't compare to an ordinary H3.
Falco is not a booster
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 11:30pm
I use Hurricane 3 on forehand on a custom blade.

I have used orange oil to a certain extent to get a boost.
For a cheap rubber it still does lots of things well.

Thanks for the test to see what really can be done with the Hurricane 3
Looking forward to seeing what it will do.

Dr Cho
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

I use Hurricane 3 on forehand on a custom blade.

I have used orange oil to a certain extent to get a boost.
For a cheap rubber it still does lots of things well.

Thanks for the test to see what really can be done with the Hurricane 3
Looking forward to seeing what it will do.

Dr Cho

Thanks for joining the challenge!
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 9:36am
Dear all challengers

As soon as you receive the H3 and Reviver, you could glue to the blade and test now. The first test will be free without boosting. Then give me the feedback if that H3 is still powerful enough and how  it play in comparison to the "famous" H3 that you have used before?

Then peel the rubber out, rub the glue out. Apply Reviver (in the clear bottle) just exactly like the method you have used with any booster (on the bare sponge w/o glue). The rubber will be curled a little bit, don't worry! Just glue it to the blade and play. Now tell me if it is fast and powerful enough in comparison to the "famous" H3 if you apply the same boosting technic?

Lastly, maximize the boosting by apply directly Reviver on rubber (still has glue on): use 5ml of Reviver brush to the sponge, wait 30ms then glue to the blade and play. You need a "famous" H3 to compare which one is more powerful?
Falco is not a booster
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 12:48pm
My issue with your experiment is that the tackiness of h3 out of the package is so different from what it will be through the bulk of the life cycle.  Just playing with a new sheet for say one hour then a second hour, the second hour will be different from the first.  Ideally I would play with it say a month, then do my first glue. 

One hallmark of "special versions" is usually that the topsheet is usually a little thinner and less tacky right?  so more comparable to a broken in sheet of h3 regular.

I know the point you're trying to make and I agree with it for sure. I agree your boosted regular h3 is probably better (and better for a professional who would use h3) but the special versions are more like Japanese rubbers.  I don't know that any kind of booster is going to make them feel the same.  I think most pro's would probably choose the boosted regular.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 12:49pm
but then what do I know about pros?  I've never even met one.  I have gotten some really authentic national team rubber though and it was hard and tacky.

Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 2:02pm
Are you comparing a boosted regular H3 (chop4ever H3) with a boosted blue sponge H3? Or are you comparing the chop4ever H3 with an unboosted blue sponge H3? They should both be boosted, otherwise it is not fair.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 7:22pm

My issue with your experiment is that the tackiness of h3 out of the package is so different from what it will be through the bulk of the life cycle.  Just playing with a new sheet for say one hour then a second hour, the second hour will be different from the first.  Ideally I would play with it say a month, then do my first glue. 

One hallmark of "special versions" is usually that the topsheet is usually a little thinner and less tacky right?  so more comparable to a broken in sheet of h3 regular.

I know the point you're trying to make and I agree with it for sure. I agree your boosted regular h3 is probably better (and better for a professional who would use h3) but the special versions are more like Japanese rubbers.  I don't know that any kind of booster is going to make them feel the same.  I think most pro's would probably choose the boosted regular.

If the professional version is more like Japanese rubber (as many one believe so) then CNT doesn't need to boost their rubber. In fact they boost really hard.

By that kind of belief, people could spend huge and huge money to buy some "special" version of H3, just because it is DIFFERENT from the H3 they can't play. They HOPE the "special" H3 could help them play as CNT. Hence the fraud become rich as fxxx.

My H3 is warranty that the second week will be the same as the first hour. Let's use for 2 weeks before you peel it off for boosting.

Edited by chop4ever - 05/24/2017 at 9:54pm
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 7:29pm

but then what do I know about pros?  I've never even met one.  I have gotten some really authentic national team rubber though and it was hard and tacky.

I played against some provincial players who are students. I actually coach for some (as a multiball feeder). They brought some rubbers from their coach and the H3 always very hard and identical.
I have bought the whole "pro" H3 in all websites: prott, ttnpp, pingpongtw, eacheng, tt11,directly from France, from USA, CN,...and compare them to Taobao, Aliexpress. I can't say the result because it is conflict to some belief.
Falco is not a booster
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2017 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

I played against some provincial players who are students. I actually coach for some (as a multiball feeder). They brought some rubbers from their coach and the H3 always very hard and identical.
I have bought the whole "pro" H3 in all websites: prott, ttnpp, pingpongtw, eacheng, tt11,directly from France, from USA, CN,...and compare them to Taobao, Aliexpress. I can't say the result because it is conflict to some belief.

Do they come in fancy packages? Because that's another thing that never made sense to me.

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2017 at 7:30pm
Received my parcel

Contained
1 H3 - with no factory glue layer
1 Water base glue
1 booster oil

*ive never smelled anything close to fish sauce besides fish sauce
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2017 at 8:21pm
If I may add an additional variable to the equation...
I have played with TG2 neo, TG3 neo, H3, H3neo, H2, H2 neo, H8. Especially H3 neo, i've had 7+ sheets of it, and I noticed that red sheets of H3 neo play much better than black sheets. Ive even done a test of red and black on the same racket. I found that red sheets are always more dynamic right out of the pack, a little softer, less initial tack but it last much longer than the black sheets. Red sheets play perfectly acceptably on my backhand while black sheets are too dead to block right. Maybe you can see if that is true to other players. 

I have also tried an genuine H3 bluesponge. I will upload pictures of it if someone wants to see it. I believe it was genuine because it was a regular H3 non neo and my supplier is quite reputable in my area and he said it was from a former b team national player who had a bunch of old sheets and wanted to make a quick buck.

It was 39 degrees but felt much harder than that. it was incredebly spinny on brush loops but it was way too hard to get a good loop off topspin with good contact because it would fly out of the rubber because of the hardness before I could spin it. I did not boost the rubber.

Carbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BTY Viscaria 88g
FH/Bh: MXP/Rasant
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Received my parcel

Contained
1 Water base glue
1 booster oil

There is no water base glue at all! 2 bottles are different kind of Reviver: the clear one for sponge, the white one for topsheet.

Look forwards to read your review.
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by caratoon caratoon wrote:

If I may add an additional variable to the equation...
I have played with TG2 neo, TG3 neo, H3, H3neo, H2, H2 neo, H8. Especially H3 neo, i've had 7+ sheets of it, and I noticed that red sheets of H3 neo play much better than black sheets. Ive even done a test of red and black on the same racket. I found that red sheets are always more dynamic right out of the pack, a little softer, less initial tack but it last much longer than the black sheets. Red sheets play perfectly acceptably on my backhand while black sheets are too dead to block right. Maybe you can see if that is true to other players. 

I have also tried an genuine H3 bluesponge. I will upload pictures of it if someone wants to see it. I believe it was genuine because it was a regular H3 non neo and my supplier is quite reputable in my area and he said it was from a former b team national player who had a bunch of old sheets and wanted to make a quick buck.

It was 39 degrees but felt much harder than that. it was incredebly spinny on brush loops but it was way too hard to get a good loop off topspin with good contact because it would fly out of the rubber because of the hardness before I could spin it. I did not boost the rubber.

Beleivers, even my H3 is good, now I make up a story to say where was I get these rubbers from...oh, my coach was back from China, where he has a good relationship to Liu Go Liang and he could get a ton of H3 from Liu.

Do you believe so?

Why you believe in such a story without evidence?
Falco is not a booster
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 11:52pm

Received my parcel

Contained
1 Water base glue
1 booster oil

There is no water base glue at all! 2 bottles are different kind of Reviver: the clear one for sponge, the white one for topsheet.

Oh nice a reviver for the toosheet is something I definitely need right now

Had a HORRIBLE sheet of commercial TG3 with zero tack and grip
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 1:17am

Received my parcel

Contained
1 Water base glue
1 booster oil

Oh nice a reviver for the toosheet is something I definitely need right now

Had a HORRIBLE sheet of commercial TG3 with zero tack and grip

Is that TG3 a neo version or original version?
And one more thing: don't apply the reviver for topsheet to the new DHS rubber!
Falco is not a booster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic