tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Coaching & Tips > Coaching & Tips

ode for the hit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ode for the hit
    Posted: 05/14/2017 at 4:42am
I like to spin but only for a reason: set myself up for a hit. A spinny shot is always serving a potential hit; spinny means slower; people my level or higher can control my spin so I use spin for control but only to lead to what's not about control: a hit that is not coming back. The hit is the ultimate shot and spin shots are serving it. Looping is great but hitting is greater because harder, with a smaller window of opportunity but higher chances of not coming back. I like to hit it when it makes sense to do so and that is hard to decide, leading to many greedy shots, like stupidly hitting when the ball is too low.
( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
blahness View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 8:34am
Hits are amazingly destructive if you can become consistent at it, almost impossible to defend from one to turn the point around. Problem is that hitting has a low margin of error compared to looping especially for low balls. I also have trouble playing with good hitters, especially those who can hit well against low balls!
-------

DHS PG7

FH: H3 Neo
BH: TG3 Neo
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 8:41am
I agree. Hits and blocks are the best for NON-Chinese opponents
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Re1Mu2R3 Re1Mu2R3 wrote:

I am growing tired of your obsession with Chinese supremacy; it is annoying and insulting to all.

( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am growing tired of your obsession with Chinese supremacy; it is annoying and insulting to all.

I agree, I'm Chinese myself and I don't go around belitting other races about how bad they are at table tennis. Show some damn class dude.
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

I agree, I'm Chinese myself; Location: London   
So you're only Half a GOD then?
Oh well. That's better than most of us peasants will ever get. Good on you, sir. Wink
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 4:41pm
Some people are history fast.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Hits are amazingly destructive if you can become consistent at it, almost impossible to defend from one to turn the point around. Problem is that hitting has a low margin of error compared to looping especially for low balls. I also have trouble playing with good hitters, especially those who can hit well against low balls!
It´s not only you, every player in my club complain how weird is to play against me. 
I´m a SP penhold blocker and hitter and I´m sure I can beat some guys only because of my style.
There are those consistent loopers who you know on the first look that have a high rating. And I know my own rating is way below theirs but strangely these players struggle when play against me.
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2017 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Lighten up just a wee bit and cut this post-toddler a bit of slack.  His member profile indicates that he joined the forum at age two and has now reached the age of understanding common to six year olds.  And, as a six year old, he comes from a place called Chyna snd sports a remarkable physical attribute that is non-cranial.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/14/2017 at 6:02pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic